Original Burger Mike Sighting

Ulysses G.

Yes, chili con carne was allegedly/legendarily invented in San Antonio de Bexar, before the warmongering Protestant Tejanos stole the northern territory from the warmongering Catholic Mejicanos. Much ?Mexican? food has been invented or developed on the northern, brave side of the Rio Grande. Still, since New Mexico and California were still part of Mexico, they can lay claim to having their own authentic Mexican food.

I have a meal almost every week at Miguel's. I think it is still closed on Mondays, but busy every other day. Taco salad!! Firehouse chili con carne! Other delicacies, deliciosos...

From the mouth of babes! :o

Somebody ought to set you straight UG

P1P should stick to moderating/policing - he couldn't take out a cheeseburger from a take-out window in broad daylight.

Did you ever even try p1p's Easy Diner - the best burger joint in Chiang Mai ever - or are you just talking out your butt - like the rest of your post?

I agree about Easy Diner. As I remember them, they were pretty good hamburgers. Especially as at the time, about the only other burgers around were the charred bits of (deep fried?) meat between a couple of pieces of the local bread that were served up at Guest House restaurants.

I will leave with this observation, not using the word crap: Not one person has been able to bring authentic Mexican food to Thailand.

You are still wrong.

Miguel's has good California-style Mexican food and lots of people who are as expert in Mexican food as yourself have deemed it "authentic" (and I sell books, not Mevican food).. :o

Miguels could do one thing to put them over the top. Offer some more salsa choices. Especially a HOTTER one that really tastes of jalapenos. Otherwise, I think they are doing a great job. For the price they are asking for what they give you, I would eat there sometimes even if they were located in the San Francisco Mission district.

More kudos for Miguels. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think this thread has reached a logical conclusion. Nothing more of value will be added and there is a considerable risk of people making unwise post choices.

Consequently I am closing this topic.

regards

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa