Backpackers

DJ Pat

Backpacker: Pain in the arse?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

high all, eye want two say that eye think this thread is important because sew many tourists too thailand our backpacker dudes and dames. it should bee kept up too speed and current. eye want two thank every won who contributed too this all important topic

A nice touch, thanks SS.

Sarcastic bastard!

I was in what may qualify as the world's smallest 7-11, the one on Suk 11, the other day and this arse of a backbacker, presumably blind or mentally-stunted, had his big as a house pack on and I practcially had to beg the tone deaf moron to move. It took up so much room it blocked the entire aisle. May he be caught without it in a festering jungle after dark when he actually needs it, because I know he sure as Heil Hitler wasn't using it as anything but ballast at the 7-11.

Two bad tempered French backpackers armed with a map were negotiatng their way down Sukhimvit by Asoke, generally annoying most people by constantly turning around and walking double breasted, near the narrow pavement by the BTS. The even had the ball sto ask the lady beggar for directions.

> The even had the ball sto ask the lady beggar for directions.

That is SUCH a sign of newbie cluelessness...!! Like there are very obvious 'expat foreigners' all over the place who would likely know absolutely any place they could possibly want to go to, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they have to ask a 'local'. So they ask some Khmer beggar auntie who just got trucked in from Cambodia and likely doesn't even speak Thai, let alone English.

Cheers,

Chanchao

first time i went to Thailand was as a backpacker, the second was more as a traditional tourist (as i got older) and now i'm moving out there to work and live and be an ex-pat.

what do i think? backpackers are your future ex-pats (though not your future dj-pats by the sound of it) :o

Backpackers- a recurring theme.

Isn't it time to move on to a different stereotype to bash and make fun of?

- trendy DJs

- farang yuppies in Lol

- farang motorists

- Jap tourists

its the chinese in there coloured group watse coats at the airport and on tours that gives me a giggle.

I was in what may qualify as the world's smallest 7-11, the one on Suk 11, the other day and this arse of a backbacker, presumably blind or mentally-stunted, had his big as a house pack on and I practcially had to beg the tone deaf moron to move. It took up so much room it blocked the entire aisle. May he be caught without it in a festering jungle after dark when he actually needs it, because I know he sure as Heil Hitler wasn't using it as anything but ballast at the 7-11.

high, yes indeed that 7-11 is very small. eye cant imagine a backpacker dewd in their. i mean that place is tiny

Two bad tempered French backpackers armed with a map were negotiatng their way down Sukhimvit by Asoke, generally annoying most people by constantly turning around and walking double breasted, near the narrow pavement by the BTS. The even had the ball sto ask the lady beggar for directions.

Hay Dr, eye no the beggar lady your talking about. that does take a lot of nerve from those frenchie backpackies

OOOOOHHHH!!! I'm so told. Pat get on with your life, Thes BP's are living theirs. Why dont you? This is really a dead topic. Anything worth saying has been said, R.I.P

Hay jockster, eye think your outta line hear. this is a thread of vital importance to all persons inn thailand. maybe ewe should take da drs advice and ignore da thread. eye no eye have great interest in this topic. now getting back to da backpackers nearly capsizing that canal boat

first time i went to Thailand was as a backpacker, the second was more as a traditional tourist (as i got older) and now i'm moving out there to work and live and be an ex-pat.

what do i think? backpackers are your future ex-pats (though not your future dj-pats by the sound of it) :o

eye have herd that argument befour butt eye dont believe it. eye believe firmly that most backpackers are future street bums in there own countries. they are practicing four this bye lugging all of there belongings on there backs on these trips. they will become superpros and thus become supertramps. Hay, now eye no how that rock group got its name. can u dig that?

Hay Dr, eye no the beggar lady your talking about. that does take a lot of nerve from those frenchie backpackies

That lady is the healthiest looking beggar in Bangkok!

I had a backpacker mate over a few years ago and it was terrible out with him in Pratunam market banging into everyone...I was walking ahead apologising in advance, and then who comes in the opposite direction? The blind handicapped singer being led along really slowly.

That lady is the healthiest looking beggar in Bangkok!

I had a backpacker mate over a few years ago and it was terrible out with him in Pratunam market banging into everyone...I was walking ahead apologising in advance, and then who comes in the opposite direction? The blind handicapped singer being led along really slowly.

pratunam is tough man. eye cant imagine a backpacker trying to get thru that tight squeeze. did ewe ever sea won getting on the subway when they had the free oar 10 baht promo?

eye saw 2 bpkers with full gear stop & park there hind qtrs in front of da nana hotel sign on soi 4 last nite. they had girls for rent and a lady boy beside them as they sipped long neck singas. eye wanted 2 ask them watt they were doing their butt bye the time eye was ready 2 cross da street from big dog bar, da pair were gone. they were a young couple & looked very out of place their