Backpackers

DJ Pat

Backpacker: Pain in the arse?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of them are <deleted> but so was I when was 20-something. At least they have ventured away from the shopping mall and out of their own country, so they are a bit more interesting than the losers who never stray beyond their own neighbourhood bubble.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they had girls for rent and a lady boy beside them as they sipped long neck singas.

These are your higher class of backpacker!! They can afford to enjoy themselves and live a bit!!

Some of 'em must have a little bit of money to invest in a beer and a ladyboy. :o

Know, actually da to of them were sitting drinking a Singa and da ladyboy just happened to bee standing next two them waiting four someone. these to did knot have dreadlocks though. maybe they spent dreadlock $ on singa

I saw three backpackers today standing studying a huge map outside the Emporium, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could be trying to find in that area that would appeal to three huge backpack lugging sandaled tank topped backpackers.

I saw three backpackers today standing studying a huge map outside the Emporium, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could be trying to find in that area that would appeal to three huge backpack lugging sandaled tank topped backpackers.

They want to make sure they get the complete Thailand experience! :o

Twerps!

Best I can figure is they have the following parameters;

- always be ready with desalinization tablets

- always be ready with iodine tablets

- always have the snake bite kit handy

- always have a new pair of dirty socks handy

- always have a set of clubbing clothes at the ready

- always have your Dr. Martens at hand

- always have your camara kit prepared for a Pulitzer Prize photo (kit includes Minolta zoom lens)

- always have dried food supply on hand, least the local food supply prove unworthy

There are probably a lot more, but without a handy backpack, how could you be ready for any of the above?

Anything worth saying has been said, R.I.P

So leave the thread alone and stop having a pop at me and leave me alone.

right on, Jockstar. as for you, DJ Prat, "stop having a pop at me and leave me alone". you sound like one of the backpackers you have been deriding.

backpackers are not so stupid - walking up a beach looking for a room, or trying to find the right bus at Morchit, or using public transport, WITH SUITCASES, is really not viable. living as cheap as you can when trying to travel around the world is quite commendable. or they would run out of money in bangkok and end up becoming boring bigots reading newspapers for free.

as i work in the tourist business (no, i am not an english teacher as Mr DJP suspected) i offer you a fact to consider. backpackers often spend more in their three month visits than Prat-favoured tourists in hotels with suitcases using taxis. the money backpackers spend goes to thai people who need the income. the money Prat-favoured tourists spend either ends up in foreign company accounts or with scam merchants who don't need it.

as for hair styles, clothes, conversation, and body odour - grow up. you sound like thaksin. variety should be the spice of life, and sometimes you like, sometimes you don't like. and i bet you smell sometimes. :o

What’s wrong with young student’s travelling the world around on an inexpensive budget? :o

:D Is it really "Foreigners" who think they “sit so high on their own horses” here in Thailand that they not can accept other people, from their own continent, which want to travel, eat and sleep inexpensive on a journey which maybe is the only time they have the opportunity in their lifetime? :D

saw three backpackers today standing studying a huge map outside the Emporium, I can't for the life of me think of anything they could be trying to find in that area that would appeal to three huge backpack lugging sandaled tank topped backpackers

When you see how many local people who visit shopping centres like Emporium even when they have “wan jut” would I absolute say that are a part of the culture here so if they want the total "Thailand experience" that should be a must to include in their visit.

:o

I used to see those back packer dudes lying in the same hammocks on the foul lake in PP at the guesthouse all day long never budging reading the same book. This sounds like something they could do in their parents back yard. Why bother going anywhere?

well erm..exactly!! thats one of the points of the thread, why bother?

This thread has turned out to be a real pain in the arse

But with over 5,000 views some people wanna read it!

another pet hate of mine is when you use an internet cafe frequented by tight backpackers and they all can type a million words a minute so as to save as much money as possible in net time. I hate that noise, it's on a par with fingernails on a blackboard.