Canadian Brutally Murdered In Ranong

Mosha

Just returned to Page 1 of this thread where a Thai Visa poster (Briggsy) kindly posted the text below from the Thai Rath Newspaper photo report:-

Translation of Thai Rath caption by Briggsy

The Provincial Police of Meuang Ranong present to the public Mrs Maneerat Henri, Mr Amornsak Ketkaew and Mr Jinda sae Tae to make a press statement. [This is] after they carried out the killing of Mr Dale George Henri (not sure of English spelling), a Canadian. Mrs Maneerat claimed she organised the killing out of frustration at being hit by her farang husband thus suffering a loss of dignity.

Not sure what you meant Mosha...

Edited by Andiamo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Her family has been in there," Matheson told CP in an interview. "I phoned his house and his wife's sister answered. They're looting everything he had. His vehicles are gone. There's some man riding around town on his Harley."

disgusting and callous behaviour if true , but not surprising behaviour.

if his vehicles are registered in his name , report them as stolen to the police , and keep reporting these events to the international press. i believe that the more that these events are publicised abroad , the more the thai authorities will do to improve things.

the press here are not slow to report the wrongdoings of foriegners here , a taste of their own medicine will do no harm.

the worldwide wave of revulsion that resulted when it was reported that thais had looted the belongings of the dead passengers on the lauda air plane that crashed in kanchanaburi years ago was hard for the thais to take.

the family that are coming over will need help with translation and protocol when dealing with the authorities here.

lets hope the canadian embassy will help them with that.

Good idea - remind them of the looting of the tsunami victims and the aod money as well.

This poor Canadian family dealing with such a tragic loss also having to deal with these Thai vultures too - pure scum.

RIP

The New Zealander murdered 2 years ago in Pattaya by the BF hitman where the girl walked away after the bribe was put in (was the hitman ever caught?) - his car went as well according to the stories.

Anyone noticed. Only the wife named out of the suspects by The Nation? :o

Sorry if I am being dumb.. I don't follow what you mean?

The Thai language papers mention all 3 suspects by name. The English language paper that eventually published onlty mentions the wife by name.

Is English language news still being blocked. If you think I am being paranoid pm me.

Anyone noticed. Only the wife named out of the suspects by The Nation? :o

Sorry if I am being dumb.. I don't follow what you mean?

The Thai language papers mention all 3 suspects by name. The English language paper that eventually published onlty mentions the wife by name.

Is English language news still being blocked. If you think I am being paranoid pm me.

No they are not being blocked. Bangkok Post excercises a lot of self-censorship in stories considered embarrassing to Thailand. They dont do much foreign stuff really Nation rushed to pick up, possible because of this thread. To be honest English language readers aren't particularly fond of being faced with a barrage of Thai names.

Later version of Nation yarn.. emailed by a friend.. has names of all the accused.

I think there will be more on this once Richard, younger brother of the deceased, arrives in Ranong.

Thai wife arrested after Canadian shot dead

The Nation

Three people are in custody following the slaying of a Canadian man, who was shot dead in his home in Ranong.

Oil worker Dale Henry, 48, was shot dead at close range early last week.

Police have arrested Henry’s Thai wife Maneerat, or Nee, plus Amornsak Ketkaew, 30, who was alleged to be her lover, plus Jinda sa Thae, 47, an uncle of Amornsak, who was allegedly the gunman.

The trio were presented at a press conference, where police outlined details of the murder.

They said Maneerat promised Jinda Bt60,000 to kill Henry, with some Bt30,000 paid upfront.

They reportedly found incriminating text notes from Maneerat to Amornsak. One allegedly sent on January 30 said “Do it tonight and then go to the funeral.”

On the night of the murder, Maneerat allegedly gave her husband a glass of whisky and waited for him to fall asleep, then sent a text note to her lover, who allegedly entered the house with a hired gunman through a door she had left unlocked.

Henry’s death has made headlines in Western Canada – he is the second Canadian shot and killed in Thailand this year, following the fatal shooting of Leo del Pinto by a policeman in Pai on January 6.

Members of Henry’s family are understood to be en route to Thailand for the funeral, being held in Ranong this week.

Etc Etc.

Well I don't know how many Expats reside in Thailand, but a boycott of the Bangkok is what we should be going for. What are they doing for us?

That's unrealistic.

You, as the OP, have to be fair and be grateful of what has been accomplished already in terms of publicity in just 1 week.

The Canadian press didn't publish about this as well at first....only after they were informed about the murder................so, boycott them too ?

Look what happened (publicity-wise) with the Pai shooting; more than 100.000 views and a lot of coverage in the English/Thai press; but, that was also because a policeman was involved, as the killer/shooter.

Not EVERY murder in Thailand gets the same coverage for various reasons, not all known to us.

If it wouldn't have been because of the existence of Thaivisa, nobody would ever have heard about this murder.

The brutal murder of Jules Odekerken* (exactly the same 'wife'/lover-related murder and ALSO about money) never had such publicity as Dale's case; that has also to do that Thaivisa in November 2003 was still a much smaller website than it is today. That's 4 years ago.**

So, please be a bit more grateful of what has been accomplished already rather than to blame newspapers who did NOT publish (yet). Maybe they will in the next days or so.

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...151991&st=0

** I would like to add that I never asked TV to move the above topic (by me as an OP) to the "Thailand News Clippings", but I did in Dale's case...because I know how important it is to get as much news coverage as possible. But blaming a newspaper doesn't help.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

OKAY Back on track

Let's drop the Mods enquiry. I was the person who lashed out first (within the first 4-5 posts). I think it's been dealt with. You're not going to get further apologies from the senior posters - so let's just move on to more important issues.

LIKE - the Canadian media reports from Post 154 (don't want to paste and clog things here). They come across as sterile - and almost like a self-defence killing - which seems nuts if you've read the rest of the info here - a "wire" story on page 2 (excpet for the local Tabloids that will play it up - but Ottawa will pay no attention to a local tabloid). Needless to say Canada doesn't have correspondents here running after this so this is edited by some person in Toronto..

AGAIN -the families are in shock and they don't want to add to their grief...but if they don't do as was suggested by me and another person above, this will simply drift away. Sorry but that's reality not just here but anywhere. Justice will stop the day the media enquiries do. And if you think the nice Canadian person on the phone to you from Thailand or Ottawa really gives a sh+t, then contact them a few months from now for more info..once it's dies down. This is your ONLY chance to make things happen. Your Embassy is here to promote Diplomatic and Trade relations - Consular Officers are paid peanuts and are seen as downstream 'expenses' side of the house.

I'm sorry to be so blunt (no - I really mean that) but I'm afraid this is the way it works - make a noise now, or quietly deal with your grief but expect nothing further to happen later. Good luck to them/you whatever they do. I am very sorry for all your losses, as I'm sure all the familesi inr ecent epsiodes are tracking this (I sure would be).

If it wouldn't have been because of the existence of Thaivisa, nobody would ever have heard about this murder.

Absolutely. Welcome the power of the Public Sphere..and thanks to Sabaijai for keeping the Del Pinto story running. Without her constant apologies for the cop which now - without a doubt - seem so laughably illogical (albeit tragically), we are making a difference.

BUT we can do more - the mainstream media need you/us to contact them - don't wait for THEM to come to US (though encouraging to see ThaiVisa made a diff)!

Perhaps we could rack that one up to 100,000 plus views? Maybe my advice some time ago should include Number 5 - a visit to the frickin place where Dale "paid" for everyone to live? Media in tow?

TG2

Edited by sabaijai
edited to remove obscenity

I realise Richard Henry has an emotionally difficult few days ahead of him. But for anyone assisting him down there, suggest perhaps, if he has the opportunity, to consider lodging a police complaint about the theft of the bike, plus any other items that he believes were solely Dales' property. The looting of his possessions - and those of del Pinto and Reisig in Pai - is a distasteful offence but police may need some prodding to act on that.

Letters to the editor in both English language papers would also yield results; sometimes these other grubby aspects are quirky angles that lift an otherwise "not so unusual" story into public attention.

If friends of Dale in Ranong can get a photo of anybody riding Dale's Harley, papers would publish that both here and in Canada - at least I believe the Nation (or it's new tabloid Daily Xpress) would.

And in regard to other comment about needing media attention now, I wholly agree. I've heard reports of serious apathy (on parts of Thai n'paper people) already.

The cartoonist Stephff said today so much is happening he's feeling stressed; with the new govt there is no shortage of news. Another fella from his paper used to joke that the local reporters sometimes seem to have the attitude of people who go to the beach - that is, the stories just come in on the waves. So much goes on up here, there's a scandal in every bloody corner. And with people like Chalerm in charge of the police - it's like letting lunatics run the asylum.

I was somewhat shocked to hear this news, my thoughts are with Dale's family.

I worked with Dale in Canada at Cochrane Fire and Ambulance years ago. We partnered on several calls. Dale certainly did not deserve what happened to him and I hope that his family and all you ex-pats are able to make a difference in this issue.

Dale, see you later man, Richard and family stay strong - you seem to have some good support in Thailand from what I've read in this forum.

B

OKAY Back on track

Let's drop the Mods enquiry. I was the person who lashed out first (within the first 4-5 posts). I think it's been dealt with. You're not going to get further apologies from the senior posters - so let's just move on to more important issues.

LIKE - the Canadian media reports from Post 154 (don't want to paste and clog things here). They come across as sterile - and almost like a self-defence killing - which seems nuts if you've read the rest of the info here - a "wire" story on page 2 (excpet for the local Tabloids that will play it up - but Ottawa will pay no attention to a local tabloid). Needless to say Canada doesn't have correspondents here running after this so this is edited by some person in Toronto..

AGAIN -the families are in shock and they don't want to add to their grief...but if they don't do as was suggested by me and another person above, this will simply drift away. Sorry but that's reality not just here but anywhere. Justice will stop the day the media enquiries do. And if you think the nice Canadian person on the phone to you from Thailand or Ottawa really gives a sh+t, then contact them a few months from now for more info..once it's dies down. This is your ONLY chance to make things happen. Your Embassy is here to promote Diplomatic and Trade relations - Consular Officers are paid peanuts and are seen as downstream 'expenses' side of the house.

I'm sorry to be so blunt (no - I really mean that) but I'm afraid this is the way it works - make a noise now, or quietly deal with your grief but expect nothing further to happen later. Good luck to them/you whatever they do. I am very sorry for all your losses, as I'm sure all the familesi inr ecent epsiodes are tracking this (I sure would be).

You are so right. Mary-Jane knows this to be true and rather than sit in silence with her grief and the disbelief of how her older brother Dale, was taken away from his family so suddenly and brutally, she is driving herself to the brink of exhaustion making phone calls to the media and government officials alike, pleading for their assistance. Mary-Jane has not slept more than a few hours throughout this whole ordeal, she has been writing letters, giving interviews and trying to book a flight to somewhere she has never been. She will be traveling alone, she is frightend and does not know what to expect when she arrives in Thailand.

Richard, I know you will find Mary-Jane and make sure that she is taken care of. We are so worried about her because of the fragile condition she is in, please take care of her and see to it that she comes home safely. Also to you Richard, no one knows the loss of a brother so close as you and Mary-Jane do right now, but please know that we are also shocked and grief stricken at the brutal death of such a gentle man. We want justice to be served to those scumbags that are responsible for taking Dale away from you and the rest of us who knew and loved him. Not only was he taken away from those that had the pleasure of knowing and loving him, there is now the loss a kind soul in this world that others will never get the chance to meet. I cannot tell you how much in denial I am at what has taken place...there is no sane explanation for what Nee has done. Dale was a good man, he would never lay a hand on her, the only hand he would ever place on anyone would be that of a helping hand as can be remembered when the tsunami hit and he took supplies to everyone in need. Our hearts have a cut in them that will never heal, time does not heal all wounds, but justice being served to those responsible for Dale's brutal murder can help to prevent someone else in making the mistake he did, having unconditional love for Nee, her family and their friends, and just being a great guy who gave everything and asked for nothing in return.

Keep safe and strong.

Hello to all,

I am new on this forum and "stumbled accidentally" on it through a post made on a French/Thai forum (FT). I was shocked by what I read, by Dale's terrible fate, of course, but also by the possibility that his killers might escape justice.

To Dale's family, all my condoleances. Losing a loved one is already heartbreaking, losing a loved one in such terrible circumstances is even harder.

I work for the Dutch television (before I get your hopes up, I'm sorry to say that as an "End Director Engineer" there is nothing I can do for you except give you some good advice, TV wise), you must keep contacting all media possible, it does make a difference (for once, media can be used for a good reason), don't let the "story" fall, thaigene2's "next steps" are the best, this is really how you should proceed !

However, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that this is something that happens frequently between Thais, so much so that it is not even mentionned anymore in the newspapers. Does this explain or excuse what happened to Dale, certainly NOT, ............ but bringing his "killers" to justice might make the "hitmen" (and those who hire them) think twice .............. and hopefully, Thais would benefit from this too !

I made a "resume" of Dale's life and death from everything I have read on ThaiVisa, translated it in French and posted it on the FT Forum, it's not much but the main thing at this point is talking about it, in all languages, so that it may not be forgotten.

Please keep in mind that pursuing your brother's murderer might "take the life out of you", it could also give a meaning (where none can be found) to his death should you fight this battle for all.

:o Genevieve

PS : link to FT forum : http:// franco-thai.com/forumphp/ftopic10531.php

Thank you for posting Dale's resume on the french site. The media has definitely picked up the story hear in Western Canada. We know everyone can do something to help spread the word. I sent the blog to cbc and ctv last Friday. CBC picked it up, but I am not sure CTV has yet. Has anyone seen coverage on CTV?

Thank you for posting Dale's resume on the french site. The media has definitely picked up the story hear in Western Canada. We know everyone can do something to help spread the word. I sent the blog to cbc and ctv last Friday. CBC picked it up, but I am not sure CTV has yet. Has anyone seen coverage on CTV?

Here is the Calgary Version of CTV.ca report on Dale.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate...;subnav=webcast

OK everyone. Heads up.

I have been asked via e-mail to pass this on. Dale's body will be taken to Wat Na Muang in Ranong around lunch time. It will remain there as per Thai custom until Saturday morning, when the cremation will be carried out. This is usually after prayers have been chanted by the Wat's monks. If sometime over the next few days you are able to attend please do.

Thankyou.

My sister and I are old friends of Dale from Calgary Alberta Canada - Richard if you are reading this, Yvette (Brandy) and Jolene have been thinking of you and we are shocked and horrified to have lost our big burly teddy bear of a friend!

Sunday evening when we watched the news we got the shock of our lives. It is past our realm of understanding how something so violent and malicious can take place, let alone to someone that we cared about - somebody so kind and compassionate... so funny... so selfless and giving in nature.

I grew up around Dale. I met him 18 years ago, when I was about 15 years of age. He was great friends with my older sister. He would have done anything for her, and that was a point made apparent often. It was only later on in life that I realized that he would have done anything for many people, it was just the type of guy Dale was.

He was a man with a larger build, and an even larger heart. He had a laugh that could fill the entire room. He had an eccentric sense of humor, and had an innate ability to put a smile on your face, in even you darkest moments when you were feeling at your worst.

As the years passed by, I saw less and less of Dale, but his name always came up in conversation between my sister and I, and when he was in town, I could always find him at whatever establishment my sister was working at, sharing a drink, a story, and a laugh.

His life seemed to take a different path when he moved away from Canada. It seemed like everything seemed to fall into place for him. He had a fantastic job, settled down, and found what he thought was the love of his life. his darling "Nee".

After the big Tsunami, my whole family was very concerned about his well being. I had emailed him a few times, to make sure he was safe, and out of harm's way. When he finally got back to me, he assured me he was in no harm, and that he had been on a boat when the Tsunami hit, and that the town he lived in was enough of a distance from the Tsunami centre that it didn't do damage to his home. Again, at that time, he told me how happy he was.......

How things change.... How heartbroken I am for him, and all the dreams he didn't have a chance to see come to fruition. How painful and past the realm of understanding to even comprehend his life being taken by someone he loved and trusted.

He loved and trusted his life to someone who ultimately took it.

His friends in Calgary have no words......

My thoughts, my love, and my prayers go out to Richard, Mary Jane and the rest of his family, and his friends here that I never had the pleasure of meeting.

Off-topic and insensitive posts have been deleted.

This in from AD this morning. Another tourist reportedly Canadian, a doctor of physics, staying at the Thara Devi (Mandarin Oriental Hotel) in Chiang Mai is in a coma after being shot in Chiang Mai. Initial reports still confused. Police meeting ongoing now.

I met Dale first day of School (Louis Riel) 1974 and saw him last when he had just come back in from Lake Louis several years ago. Always a hoot, always the same guy. It's not suprising he made out as well as he did, he was a pretty smart cookie. Good to friends, kind to animals, says a lot about a person how animals respond to them, they liked Dale. You could count on him. I think I've seen it posted earlier here, you knew if he was in the room too. What a shock to hear the news and turn around to see you both on TV. Richard & MaryJane, I'm really sorry for your loss, you have my deepest condolensces. Doug

Anyone heard about the Candadian supposedly shot this morning or yesterday at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai? Apparently in a coma...

Can't seem to start this as a new topic

Canadian professor shot in Thailand

Canwest News Service

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A university professor from Ontario remains in a coma after being shot in Thailand Wednesday morning.

The man, 50, is in the country on vacation with his wife, according to CBC reports.

He is in hospital about 700 kilometres north of Bangkok in Chiang Mai.

The couple were in an open vehicle when the man - believed to be from Kitchener - slumped over in his seat.

Thai police said the shooting was not intentional, but have not made any arrests related to the shooting. They did, however, rule out that the shot came from inside the vehicle.

Wednesday's shooting is the fourth time a Canadian was shot in Thailand this year.

Canadian oil worker Dale Henry of Victoria, B.C. was killed at his home in the country earlier this month.

Three people are in custody for his killing, including Henry's wife, her lover and a suspected contract killer.

Calgary's Leo John Del Pinto was shot and killed by an off-duty police officer in January. Del Pinto's friend, Carly Reisig, was also shot in the incident, but survived.

© Canwest News Service 2008

In another development, Henry's sister, Mary-Jane Matheson, said she has gone from sad to angry after hearing that her deceased brother's home was allegedly looted by Maneerat's family.

In an interview with the Canadian Press on Monday, the 46-year-old Calgary resident said she has been told relatives of his wife are looting her brother's Thailand home, and have already taken his cars and motorcycle.

"Her family has been in there," Matheson told CP in an interview. "I phoned his house and his wife's sister answered. They're looting everything he had. His vehicles are gone. There's some man riding around town on his Harley."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Not off-topic, but of significant interest to anyone like myself and others using Thai Visa Forum living in Thailand or considering doing so. A very articulate piece by a fellow expatriate that is very pertinent to what's going on in this thread. Follow the link below....

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=1612

I only wish Dale had been more cautious and less trusting. He loved Thailand so much I guess he was blind, sort of speak. He sent photos of the sand and the water and the huts, said it was paradise. Dale loved the people and being a Buddhist, he was a true Buddhist, not like the scum that had no more use for him since finding out about the large insurance policy that would be had. Dale had no desire to live any other way but peacefully. He had said that he eventually wanted to buy a yaht and sail the waters.

Did Dale hear the stories, he lived there long enough to hear them, did he believe them? I don't believe he ever thought for one second that his wife or her family, that he loved so much and gave everything he possibly could, would ever consider murdering him for an insurance policy no matter how large. He mistakenly, truely believed that he was loved as much as he loved them.

As I sit here looking at Dale on the front page of the Calgary Sun Newspaper, I still can't accept that he is gone, it just isn't right, it isn't fair. Dale had so much more to offer and do, the list of accomplishments would be endless, the love and joy he would bring would be endless. It sickens me to call Nee Dale's wife, or her family his family, they don't deserve to have known such a beautiful person or to have his name. They should be stripped of everything he has ever provided for them and they should rot in jail the rest of their lives haunted by Dale's ghost. I hope the fear drives them crazy!

Dale had my kids and I believe that he indeed had found paradise and someday we all planned on visiting him and Nee. Dale spoke so highly of the people, the peaceful way of life, and the beauty of Thailand, I felt that if I went there, I would never want to leave. If there was ever a person to show you the beauty of Thailand, that would be Dale.

To the Thai police, the Thai government and the Thai people, Dale had the utmost respect for your people and your culture, he loved Thailand and all its beauty. He deserves justice to be served with the most severe punishment being handed down to every last person who plotted his murder and took part in it.

Richard and Mary:

I learned of Dale's passing yesterday and wanted to send my condolences. Sadly I can somewhat relate to how you feel as my brother was senselessly murdered as well. Dale talked (wrote) about the two of you habitually, I know he loved both of you very much.

[i, along with Diamond Jim and his sister Michelle, first met Dale through our theatrical supply store in downtown Calgary.

Dale had the personality of a performer and loved the tricks/jokes/pranks. He would buy big (encyclopaedic) sized books of tricks because “there are a couple in here I haven’t tried yet”. If we were busy he would help out (even covering for us and running the store alone), never wanting more than a beer for his efforts.

[Going for ‘a’ beer with Dale meant that you would meet most of the people in the place before you left (even if you could only stay for one, he had a strong presence - Dale with his 'Big Wally Rafting Company' cards). The local media is appropriately remembering him as a hero with a generous nature

I am trying to remember if he had a trademark tall story or bar bet that would be his favourite, but one does not jump out as he seemed to have a million (just itching to reveal the right one when the situation called for it). He regularly had something 'up his sleeve' (thought this sounded better than in his pocket). Be it balloons for kids or something geared towards winning the heart of a lady.

Remember him with a coaster stuck to his forehead or one time covering over the men's and lady's room signs with stickers – now the signs in reverse – half of the bar saw him do it and we waited for unsuspecting people to walk into the wrong room…Dale was so full of life, people would gravitate towards him.

Words can not describe him; need all the hand gestures and facial expressions, even then it would be a poor imitation (coming from a guy like me). One time a person came up to me and said, dude do you know you are talking to the Henry brothers? Funny at the time, the men, the legends

His gentle nature was evident the time I disguised my voice and impersonated the front desk at a fancy hotel he was staying at and explained that VIPs had arrived and that we needed his room right away and people were on their way to get them out. The ruse lasted for a little while and he never got mad or impolite, even though I was being rude and egging him on :-) holding my hand over the phone while he talked so he wouldn’t hear me laughing (I liked the picture of Dale getting the bunny ears in the paper).

There was an accident with his truck (mechanical failure not his fault), he wasn’t physically hurt but the passenger…, someone he had just met and offered a ride too…this left him quite shaken, he temporarily lost his drive. Dale was a guy who was dedicated to protecting/helping people, someone who liked to be liked, and then…the contracts seemed to dry up. Lots of people take, but few give, Dale made a conscientious effort to earn peoples respect (your Mom was one of these rare individuals as well – a very cool lady…)

Dale’s generous nature left him in a financial position where he needed to sell most of his stuff; people who knew him casually wouldn't have picked it up from his outside demeanour, he was having a rough time. Yet he did not focus on himself, He had big plans for his girlfriend's daughter's birthday. Dale wasn't afraid to dream big…around this time my wife (Michelle) gave Dale her 10 speed bike so he could get around…still his focus was to make sure that this little girl had the best birthday ever (even after Dale and her Mom went their separate ways Dale still cared for and did stuff for this little girl). I was left with the impression that Dale wanted to get his business (Panther I think) and the accident behind him. Soon, Dale started working on off-shore rigs.

We e-mailed each other a few times over the years and e-mailing him again was working its way through the back of my mind onto the to-do list. The to-do list that so often defines who I am, now the sick news of Dale's passing leaves me in a position were I don't feel like doing any of the things on it.

I was surprised at what a good writer Dale was (I don't know why, he wrote for work all the time and he was a trainer, but I was – I was surprised at how much he liked cats, being the barrel of a man who worked on the rigs, kind of guy that he was).

Since we communicated infrequently his e-mails could be two or three thousand words full of his wit, wisdom, and adventures, never a bad word – his positive energy leapt off of the page. He mentioned you two often.

Dale would have been an excellent ‘social entrepreneur’; he seemed to have an interest in exporting goods from Thailand. Imagine everyone would have done very well; he likely would have given it all to the community. “I get you this and that and…you have got to come here” (I should have, knowing Dale he would have paid too)…he sounded so happy, he who loved to be loved, living the dream only to wake up in time to get his hand in front of his face as the bullets passed through it into his brain.

Mary-Jane & Richard

Dan

"There was a spate of similar killings a few years ago. A lot of the ex-patts took the opportunity ( Including me ) to tell there spouses there was a clause in there will that ment they would receive nothing if the cause of death was anything other than natural and the perpetrator wasn't caught if it was foul play." swanks

I found this while looking for more news on Dale. If only these wise words had been followed by him, he would still be alive. Let's pray that others as trusting as Dale will do the same as what the writer above is instructing them to do. It could save their lives.

This plea goes out to all of the members and non-members alike on this forum. I have just found out that as of around 5:30 today, the Canadian Embassy has done nothing except for telling Mary-Jane to call the VThai Police. As we are all aware by now, Richard and Mary-Jane are exhausted and running on empty but they will not give up their hope for justice. They need our help to see that justice is served, please do whatever you can, write letters, contact members of parliment, make phone calls to radio stations, keep the support you have for them going on thaivisaforum, anything you can do is a blessing. Saying they are grateful is an understatement,for the enormous amount of thanks they feel, not only are they overwhelmed with grief, they are overwhelmed with the kindness and support you have given them already. They still need our help.

Am I surprised that our government seems to have left Mary-Jane and Richard to fend for themselves, no, not really. Why should they change now? How many Canadians have to be murdered in Thailand for the government to say "enough is enough?" No time like the present, why not start now? I know if someone comes canvassing at my door for any of the parties running in the next election what I'll be asking of them. There will be a lot of how, what, when, where and why questions for them. I am the mother of four children, two who are able to vote already, and two that will very soon be able to vote. Although I encourage them to make up their own minds and form their own opinions, I also make my opinions known which may or may not have some influence on the way they may vote. Actions do speak louder than words, but speech is also a powerful tool when it is followed through. Talk radio, this forum, your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers, the person on the bus standing or sitting beside you, there is power in numbers, keep speaking out, we owe this much to Dale for all that we have received from him. We can't bring Dale back, but we can help Mary-Jane and Richard get justice for him. Something that might seem so small and trivial to you in the way of help you may offer, is considered a most generous and heartfelt gift to them.