Venue For St Valentines Day?

bucklt

Can someone recommend a suitable venue here in CM - where I can take my Korean girlfriend on 14th??

Requirements:

NO hotels!

No live music - but soft background music welcomed

Garden setting amongst trees/flowers.

No traffic noise.

Tony :o

Mi Casa off Suthep Road. Not cheap but ticks all the boxes. Actual trees/garden are 2mts beyond eating area which is open air or air con. Food is Meditteranean and includes a tapas menu.

If I weren't away working I would certainly be there.

One of my favourite restaurants for a great meal and off the beaten track is "Galae" at the top end of Suthep Road. Keep going past the crossroads to the TV station through the gates and follow the road round to the lake. A great setting on the edge of the lake, background music, trees and plants and of course great food. My bill the other night was under 500 baht for two with ice and a heap of mixers, and actually ended up with a "doggie bag" as we ate ourselves to a standstill. Opens early, but unfortunately closes at ten thirty. Highly recommended.....****

post-7622-1202209721_thumb.jpg

One of my favourite restaurants for a great meal and off the beaten track is "Galae" at the top end of Suthep Road. Keep going past the crossroads to the TV station through the gates and follow the road round to the lake. A great setting on the edge of the lake, background music, trees and plants and of course great food. My bill the other night was under 500 baht for two with ice and a heap of mixers, and actually ended up with a "doggie bag" as we ate ourselves to a standstill. Opens early, but unfortunately closes at ten thirty. Highly recommended.....****

Checked both places today - and they each look very good indeed.

Many thanks to both of you.

Tony :o