Best Eateries Of Pattaya, Please Add To The List....

NanLaew

It looks like the 'Worst Eateries' thread will be a mish mash of bad AND good which for an old bugger like me will be too confusing, so...

Here's (probably another) 'Best Eateries' thread and I will nominate my 3 picks.

Vientiane at it's current location on Pattaya Tai road near Big C. Actually I 'discovered' it while at the previous location at the end of Walking Street before the exit to Bali Hai and I think the food and service was a tad better at the old place; maybe because it was more 'intimate' than the new 'barn' they occupy.

Somsak's on Soi 1. Just never, ever had a bad meal here or at any of his 3 previous locations over the past +20 years.

The small garden restaurant at the 'Belgian Embassy' on Soi 3 has a truly excellent menu, great desserts and Boncafe coffee. The distaff interest eating somtam at the entrance are quite entertaining and sometimes easy on the eye (or so I have been told).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite restaurants in Pattaya is Hachiban (8) at Big-C (2nd Road) - right next to MK and opposite Fuji.

It's simple, but always good and very reasonably priced. Fast, efficient service, very clean and extremely consistent in taste and quality.

It's a great (and healthy) place for a quick bite to eat, especially if you're in a hurry.

My best eatery of Pattaya/Jomtien is, home. Unfortunately for the rest of you, it is only available for 2 :o .

That's not what your missus says :D

Alternative thread suggestions;

Best drunk food: Mama Hamburger Van (previously Soi Buakhow, now relocated to Jomtien). Runner up: Istanbul Kebab House opp. soi 7.

Best bacon & egg sandwiches: Yorkies. Runner-up: Maggs Restaurant

Best chance to spy some decent totty: Mantra.

Funny how peoples tatses differ these would all be on my list of worst eateries

Fair enough but why didn't you add your "Best" preferences? That's what this thread is about I hope.

There's a small Thai food cafe inside at the end of Big C, kinda close to Fuji that I have eaten at about 3 times. Decent priced, nice tasting Thai food, good service, never too crowded and good for people watching. I don't recall the name but it has pink neon signage. Anyone?

These are my absolute hot picks...

1. Mantra - Great food from 6 different kitchens, great ambience, great service and decent prices (good meal with drinks around 700 bath)

2. MumAroy - Amazing food to a point of the BEST sea food in Pattaya, almost no farangs there, lousy service but its VERY cheap and great value for money. (good meal with drinks around 400 bath)

3. Minus 5 Supperclub- Great food, amazing ambience and show, great service and quite high prices (good meal with drinks around 1200 bath)

4. Hopf - Great food, home brewed beer in 5 liter glasses, super service, great show and music, very expensive (good meal with drinks around 900 bath).

5. Zest - Amazing food, great ambience and live music, super service, very expensive. (good meal with drinks around 1400 bath)

Funny how peoples tatses differ these would all be on my list of worst eateries

Fair enough but why didn't you add your "Best" preferences? That's what this thread is about I hope.

There's a small Thai food cafe inside at the end of Big C, kinda close to Fuji that I have eaten at about 3 times. Decent priced, nice tasting Thai food, good service, never too crowded and good for people watching. I don't recall the name but it has pink neon signage. Anyone?

If its the one next door to Fuji you are right great food.

You are right of course so my fav's

Mata Hari - pretty much everything on the menu I like and good value as well as a great host in Louis

Au Bon Coin Simple but nice menu and another great host in Jose

Tried the new one at the irish condo on the hill last week, sorry can't remember the name but food was very nice as was service, ive only eaten their once so don't shoot me if your experience is not the same.

Manhattans, Great steaks nice atmosphere.

Thai food Rin Kitchen Thappaya soi 11

And of course can't leave out the Italian on Thappaya Rd, quality never waivers, great fast filling nosh.

Most will crucify me but I really like simons chips!!

News Cafe.. eaten 2 or 3 times and never had a bad meal

Edit added first line..

Edited by chanman

Mata Hari - pretty much everything on the menu I like and good value as well as a great host in Louis

Where are these 3 places ?

These are my absolute hot picks...

2. MumAroy - Amazing food to a point of the BEST sea food in Pattaya, almost no farangs there, lousy service but its VERY cheap and great value for money. (good meal with drinks around 400 bath)

3. Minus 5 Supperclub- Great food, amazing ambience and show, great service and quite high prices (good meal with drinks around 1200 bath)

5. Zest - Amazing food, great ambience and live music, super service, very expensive. (good meal with drinks around 1400 bath)

I don't know these 3, can you please let me know where to find them ?

Where are these 3 places ?

Au Bon Coin is on the Hill Soi 5 down towards I think its called Nka art gallery and hang a right just before the gallery

Mata Hari is under Nirvana Condo's on Thappaya Rd

News Cafe Just past Brunos on Thappaya Rd before Theprasit

Just asked the wife, it's called "Khao Suay"

Cherry Restaurant

Yorkies

Pasa Pascal (probably the best I have had in Thailand apart from Indigo in Bangkok) serving staff are great.

Molly Malone's Walking Street (maybe not as good as Yorkies but better staff and suroundings)

For those of you who like good old english food, I can thoroughly recommend "Neeroys" on Soi Chaiyapoon (off Soi Buahkow), opposite "Crazy Daves".

They do excellent Fish & Chips for 99Bht (mushy peas for 25Bht more), along with other standard dishes plus some Indian food.

Opening hours are around 2pm till 4am.

works for both threads.....

It beggars belief that people will travel halfway (or more) round the world and eat some of the crap talked about in this thread.

each to there own mate, why dont you put down some of your best places to eat, I am sure we could find something wrng with what you like.

I know the one you're talking about. I pass by it everyday, but have never eaten there. Their menu is only in Thai so I wouldn't know what to order - they don't even have photos I can point to.

I could be wrong, but I had the feeling they don't really want farangs in there. It just seemed really weird that a restaurant in one of the busiest tourist shopping malls in Pattaya didn't have an English menu.

Edited by tropo