US Fiancee Visa - Length Of Waiting Time?

How long does it take to arrange a Fiancee to the US?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Could some of the members post their experiences with arranging a fiancee visa for the US? The times are different from year to year. A few years ago it was only 3-4 months wait. Now I hear it is a lot longer.

I am interested to know the length of time - from start to finish; the time from starting the INS paperwork in the US until the fiancee is ready to travel.

Also, please share any other valuable (read: serious; no jokes) tips to speed things along with the process.

I am in the process now. Nowhere near complete. I just got approval for my I-129F Petition for an Alien Fiancée. It took 48 days or so. This was a relief as I was expecting a much longer wait because it seemed the California office of the USCIS had a 5 month backlog.

You should get a copy of the Fiancé & Marriage Visas: A Couple's Guide to U.S. Immigration. It's a fairly informative book explaining the process in a fair amount of detail. Although, you don't really need to buy the book. Since the chapters pertain to difference situations, e.g., US Citizen living in the States and fiance abroad, or US citizen living in the States with fiance also in the States, ... It may be easier to go to the library and photo copy the chapters that pertain to you. Also, the book is loaded with forms and even includes a CD with all the forms. But these can be gotten from the USCIS website.

I sent in my Fiance Visa in November 2003 I just got approval this month september 2004. I also sent in an application for an immigration visa in june of 2002 i got approval for it in March of 2004 it is no short time anymore sir regardless of what you might hear on this forum. My wife is now taken her medical checkup and she has an interview on Nov 2 2004 US immigration is lousy I worked with a man from argentina and he applied for his green card seven years ago and nothing has been sent to him as of yet I told him he needs to call and find out if not then you might have problems. I don't know if it sped up the process or not but in 2003 i wrote to my local congressman to see what the problem was, I married a Thai woman back in 1990 and she was in the states within 6 months. I was wondering why this time it was taking so long My opinion on this is the abuse by other many country's citizens and also many US citizens during the 90's that the process is much much longer now. I live in the state of florida

I live in California, submitted the K-1 in the first week of July, 2004. It was approved on Sept. 7. I was very suprised. The next step is the state dept. in NH. That's suppose to take only 2 - 4 weeks. We'll see.

I was suprised because I was told that the file would not be looked at until Dec. - Jan. If anyone has any further info as to what to expect re: the next steps, it would be appreciated.

Good luck to all.