Hill Tribe Magic Show

gerry1011

For those interested in something "different", there will be a (free) hill tribe magic show at the Chiangmai University hall on March 26th (7pm).

The show will be the first of its kind, featuring young hill tribe magicians from Chiangrai.

The show is made possible with the help of Belgian magician "Sylvain Le Magicien" (Sulvain Sluys), who came to Thailand for two months to prepare the show.

The show is inspired by the Thai and hill tribe cultures, and mixed with music, ranging from traditional to contemporary pop.

The information about this performance was on TV today (Channel11) and will be relayed regularly in the media.

More can be read here

post-12654-1203491454_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The free tickets for the Magic show of March 26th will be available as from March 14th at the following locations:

- Kad Suan Kaew Chiangmai Shopping Mall

- Suriwong Book Center Chiangmai

- Taweeheng Leasing Chiangmai

- Chomlong Leasing Chiangmai

- Radio Thailand Chiangmai

- Television of Thailand, Channel 11, Chiangmai

post-12654-1204977898_thumb.jpg

The post, and the link that was posted, say this show is held "at the Chiangmai University hall on March 26th (7pm)." Where exactly on the CMU campuses is this hall, and how does one get there? I ask because I would like to see the show, and the last cultural event I tried to attend had impossible directions.

The post, and the link that was posted, say this show is held "at the Chiangmai University hall on March 26th (7pm)." Where exactly on the CMU campuses is this hall, and how does one get there? I ask because I would like to see the show, and the last cultural event I tried to attend had impossible directions.

It's just off Nimmenhemin Rd opposite CMU's farmland / ricefields, etc.

This is a pretty handy map of the grounds.

Look for number 38.. :o

http://www.cmu.ac.th/cmu_bigmap.htm

I ask because I would like to see the show, and the last cultural event I tried to attend had impossible directions.

:o:D:D

That was a true traumatic experience, wasn't it PB?! :D :D

I ask because I would like to see the show, and the last cultural event I tried to attend had impossible directions.

:o:D:D

That was a true traumatic experience, wasn't it PB?! :D :D

Well, killing the dog in north Mae Tang was much more traumatic, and tragic. I have seen the map and seen the light. :D

It's just off Nimmenhemin Rd opposite CMU's farmland / ricefields, etc.

This is a pretty handy map of the grounds.

Look for number 38.. :o

http://www.cmu.ac.th/cmu_bigmap.htm

Thanks for that valuable map. I have added a link to the map on the website for the ones who don't know where it is.

Click here

More info will appear on TV Ch11 (Chiangmai) on the 13th early morning (between 9 and 11, forgot what time).

Banners should also make it easy to find the places to pick-up free tickets from the 14th.

Free tickets for the Hill Tribe Magic Show...

can also be obtained at the Rimping Supermarkets from tomorrow, in addition to Kad Suan Kaew, Suriwong Book Center, Television of Thailand (Ch 11), Radio Thailand, Taweeheng and Chomlong Leasing.

• 2 weeks later...
Gerry

I've tried to pick up some tickets but it seems like most of your locations no longer have tickets. Are you sold out?

Do you really need tickets or can you just show up at the door?

Indeed, I had feeback from all locations distributing tickets today and it seems that all tickets are gone.

However, Rimping supermarket manager said that 3 of his branches still have a few tickets (but sorry I don't know which ones).

More pictures of the show of 23rd can be seen here

The Hill Tribe Magic Show has been a very nice success, with over 4000 people attending the event.

Minister Jakrapob Penkair, Governor of Chiangmai and many diplomats were among the guests who enjoyed the charmfull performances.

The students will certainly have to pratice many more hours before to become perfect magicians, but they already have been invited to perform in Malaysia (!).

Let's hope that many hotels and restaurants will follow that example and give the students opportunities to make revenues with their new knowledge.

Pictures can be seen here

post-12654-1206675335_thumb.jpg

post-12654-1206675379_thumb.jpg

post-12654-1206675420_thumb.jpg

post-12654-1206675490_thumb.jpg

post-12654-1206675525_thumb.jpg

post-12654-1206675577_thumb.jpg