Who's The Owner Of A Car

Eagle3

I believe part of the Thai script on the plates designates the province in which the car is registered. You could either check with the local office of the land transportation department (car registration bureau) or if that is no help, check with the relevant provincial office.

How can I find out who the owner of a car is by the license plate number?

It really depends on the province of registration. i.e. if the particular vehicle was registered in Nan province it is no good trying to track it through the system in Bangkok. if it's a local plate from your home province, a trip to the local Lands and Transport office would be in order.

• 3 years later...

*Bump*

Would it be possible to find the information about owner and related data on the internet, now that it is 2011 in the rest of the world?

Possibly a stupid question, but still...

Now that's funny! It may be 2011 in the rest of the world, but this is Thailand. Hope you don't have a big problem to solve.

mario299 :blink:

*Bump*

Would it be possible to find the information about owner and related data on the internet, now that it is 2011 in the rest of the world?

Possibly a stupid question, but still...

Now that's funny! It may be 2011 in the rest of the world, but this is Thailand. Hope you don't have a big problem to solve.

mario299 :blink:

Thailand is way ahead of most of the rest of the world because it's 2554 here.

But I wouldn't think that sort of private information would be available for public access. If another car has hit yours report it to the police and maybe they'll trace it if you can provide evidence, otherwise a donation to the Police Benevolent Fund might prompt some action.

<br />
How can I find out who the owner of a car is by the license plate number?
<br /><br />It really depends on the province of registration.  i.e. if the particular vehicle was registered in Nan province it is no good trying to track it through the system in Bangkok. if it's a local plate from your home province, a trip to the local Lands and Transport office would be in order.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Right. The province is the Thai script under the number. There is NO national data base and you'd have to start with the province indicated and, yes, at the No 1 Land Transport office of that province.

So far as searching the net is concerned..........just hang on a few decades.

If a car hit your car and drove off. Call your insurance and tell them. Give them the number and they will chase it up for you.

Now that sounds like a good idea. They should be more interested than the local Brownies i guess. Thanks.