Need To Know Where To Get A 1 Year Tourist Visa

tomorrow my work permit expires and although i have a non imm-b visa .i understand that once my wp is cancelled then i have 10 days to leave the country.

if this is so, then i need to get a new visa,but i want one of those visas that last for 1 year with 3 month mulitple entry.

im british.

where can i get one?

that is easiest place to goto from bbk.

and is it just a case of paying your money and they grant it? or are they selective?

what paper work will i need to present?

thanks in advance for your help. :o:D

Unless he has a wife, work permit, or is over 50 then I doubt he will get a 1 year multi-entry visa anywhere these days?

The best option is the double entry tourist, which will cover about 6 months,

as previously mentioned in this section.

Penang was issuing 3x entry visas last time I was there (July)..

NJ Books outside swiss Hotel could give you an up to date report (I have tel number for them, they are a bit slow at email) as they do processing for a small fee (20 RP) they can also process it in 1 day instead of the 3 days (80RP charge including the above processing fee) ..

3 times entry was 300 RP each one good for 60 days stay and a 30 day extension (for another 1900 baht) so you effectively get 3x 90 days for 380RP and 5700 baht.

Only bugger is if you leave the country for a day trip or a short visit you lose an entry !!!! I wanted to visit a girlfriend in Vientiene but I just did a visa run a week ago and I would be wasting 90 days stay.. ARRGGGG

3 times entry was 300 RP each one good for 60 days stay and a 30 day extension (for another 1900 baht) so you effectively get 3x 90 days for 380RP and 5700 baht.

Officially any tourist visa has only a 3 month validity in which to use the entries, be it a double or treble entry.........how long validity did Penang give you to use the entries? If it was 3 months the best you can do is 180 day stay from a double entry with 1 border run and 2 extensions within Thailand......this being the case the 3rd entry is useless, unless you which to travel out of Thailand within the first 3 months to utilise the 3rd entry of course. :o

just got word that my company has extended my wp until the end of the month(contract finishes then).

so they have extended for a further 3 months as per my last entry stamp.

i asked them if they would not cancel until the middle of next month as i can sail down from phuket to langkawi with a mate on his yacht.

then i can take the ferry over to penang and get the 60 days entry visa.

ummmmmm...funny how things seem to fall in to place.

im a lucky pr!ck sometimes.

thanks guys for your replies.

:o:D

me happy chappy

Officially any tourist visa has only a 3 month validity in which to use the entries, be it a double or treble entry.........how long validity did Penang give you to use the entries? If it was 3 months the best you can do is 180 day stay from a double entry with 1 border run and 2 extensions within Thailand......this being the case the 3rd entry is useless, unless you which to travel out of Thailand within the first 3 months to utilise the 3rd entry of course.

Ahh haa but the way it works is you are valid to ENTER the country until the last day of the visa when you then START your next entry..

So enter.. Clock up 60 + 30... Visa run

Enter clock up days 90 to 179... Visa run

Enter (on your last day of the 6 month visa) and get another 60 + 30 days..

Voila 9 months living on a triple entry 60 day visa

Ahh haa but the way it works is you are valid to ENTER the country until the last day of the visa when you then START your next entry..

Sorry but dont think so somehow, because when you come to enter at the 180 day stage the validity of your visa will of already expired. :o

^ Mate LivinLOS is right for sure, 110%!

The activation period is good for 6 months, so come in get 60 extend by 30, go out come in get 60 extend by 30 (which will take you just about, or just over the 6 month activation period) and then go out come in (the day before the 6 month activation period is over) and get 60 days with the option to extend by 30 days! So almost or dead on 9 months!

I've seen it done!

^ Mate LivinLOS is right for sure, 110%!

The activation period is good for 6 months, so come in get 60 extend by 30, go out come in get 60 extend by 30 (which will take you just about, or just over the 6 month activation period) and then go out come in (the day before the 6 month activation period is over) and get 60 days with the option to extend by 30 days! So almost or dead on 9 months!

I've seen it done!

2. TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

3. VISA FEE

1,000 Baht per entry

(Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is three months.

Above quote from Ministry of Foreign Affairs website..........according to them the validity is 3 months.........i/m not saying that it isnt possible to apply for a double or treble and get a 6 month validity,i know Hull in the UK will give you a years validity if you apply for a quadruple entry. Thats why i said "officially" in my 1st post and asked how long validity was stamped in the posters passport. I/m just curious thats all. :o

Mate you can cut and paste as much as you like, but generally a triple tourist (those from Penang anyway which is what we're talking about) will have an activation period of 6 months and thus cover you for 9 months (about!).

As far as I know while the MFA may issue guidelines, they don't actually issue the Visas per se, and IMO if a Consulate is willing to give you a 6 month activation period it's still 'official' isn't it? The joys of living in Thailand!

Also as far as I know the price is well wrong it's nearer 2,000 Baht per entry is it not? They get one thing wrong, so maybe they get others wrong as well. Seeing is believing I suppose?

Also their requirements are a bit off as well aren't they (cash wise?).

a triple tourist (those from Penang anyway which is what we're talking about) will have an activation period of 6 months and thus cover you for 9 months (about!).

Thats why i wanted LivinLos to check that he was given a 6 month stamp......he said he was only there in July..........didnt want him to get to the 180 day stage only to realise he only had 3 month validity stamped in his passport. As you point out, how one consulates interprets the guidelines is not how another one does.

Yes I have 6 months and 3 entries... Thats the way it always works, the (sort of) loop hole is that they issue the visa to be so many entries and be valid for the ENTIRE time of those entries.. We then use those entries PLUS extensions to mean that the last time we enter the country is the day before the thing runs out... Even though you only have one day left on the visa you still get 60 + 30 to stay in the country...

Sorry but dont think so somehow, because when you come to enter at the 180 day stage the validity of your visa will of already expired. :o

If he times it just right and comes back on the last day of validity it is fine.

By the way you can get a re-entry permit on any visa type.

So if you need to travel in the middle of your Tourist Visa period(60 days), you pay 1900 baht

and get a re-entry to contine that period when you return.

Edited by astral