Open Ebay Account.

You try your Thai mastercard / Visa electron, and it gets rejected. :D

Then you try your good old real credit card from your bank back home, and - it gets rejected too. After some research I found out that it is because you are not back home, but in Thailand (your IP address shows it). And how could you use your credit card on the internet while being NOT at home, but in Thailand? Impossible, must be a stolen card, has to get rejected... :o

Hi again, i have used my cc from England no problem.

It runs out soon, just wanted a fresh account from here.

What happend was, i got verified for the buyer account with an old email address but when i wanted to add a cc i put the details in and a message came up saying the issuing bank has refused my request??????? :o

I've never had any problems using a credit card in Thailand, but I have had my US credit card rejected by internet vendors! When I asked, I was told that the fact that the charge was coming from a Thai IP address was the reason. Even when they knew who I was and were expecting a charge from me, they could not accept it.

I've never had any problems using a credit card in Thailand, but I have had my US credit card rejected by internet vendors! When I asked, I was told that the fact that the charge was coming from a Thai IP address was the reason. Even when they knew who I was and were expecting a charge from me, they could not accept it.

I've had the same problem.

And then, when me card expired I asked them to send me the new card to my address in Thailand. They also changed my official address for some reason and then I had problems using it all over until I got it fixed.

I've used my MasterCard (Australia) here in Thailand on the internet with no problem at all. One transaction (online/software purchase), was from the USA, the company I bought it from called me on my mobile to confirm, but usually it goes straight through.

I don't know a lot about bank accounts in thailand but i do know that i have been running an e-bay business with a Visa Credit/ATM card the card is attached to Bank of America. The card is exclusively used only in thailand by my wife who manages the business from BKK. We use it to transfer funds, purchase, and deposit. The only problem i have had is a few ATM machines for some reason read the card incorrectly, when this happens the Thai Farmers Bank still inccurs a fee of a 1.50 to our account. Always another machine will take it though. For what is worth.