How To Send A Mail On Board

legendx

Hi there.

I visited Pattaya last month and am out of Thailand now. I wonder how to send a letter to a ship which cruises within Pattaya bay. I want to contact with one of the crew there. The ship might dock just before the very sign of "PATTAYA city". So what will be the accurate address? Will the letter be sent on board or to a particular mailbox?

Or is there another way of contacting? I find that pattayacity.com used to offer a mail translation and delivery service, but unfortunately it has ended up now(http://pattayacity.com/pattaya/emailpty.html). :o

Thanks a lot for any advice helpful.

cheers

Legend

Hi there.

I visited Pattaya last month and am out of Thailand now. I wonder how to send a letter to a ship which cruises within Pattaya bay. I want to contact with one of the crew there. The ship might dock just before the very sign of "PATTAYA city". So what will be the accurate address? Will the letter be sent on board or to a particular mailbox?

Or is there another way of contacting? I find that pattayacity.com used to offer a mail translation and delivery service, but unfortunately it has ended up now(http://pattayacity.com/pattaya/emailpty.html). :o

cheers

Legend

Can't you just send an e-mail or FAX?

Hi there.

cheers

Legend

Can't you just send an e-mail or FAX?

That wouldn't go BANG when it's opened.

Hi there.

cheers

Legend

Not sure I can help you out here.

But if you do figure out how to do this, I've been trying to figure out how I can send a postcard to a big fish I almost caught.

Real feisty basterd looked at me as if to say,"You're not gonna find me again, sir."

How is that fish gonna feel when he gets a waterproof postcard with greetings from yours truly?

Yeah, you're not so smug now, are you fish?

Edited by MisterFingers

Well folks, thanks for the answers of pleasantry. :o

Sorry that maybe I didn't describe it clearly. The ship do have a name(I remember that), and I was been on board there, but no time to have a contact for detailed information. So yes it is a "finding the fish" game somewhat... I also checked online and found there had been such solutions on pattayacity.com. I think Pattaya is a place full of joy and adventure, and making a usual contact here before I come next time might be interesting...

So I'm concerning about the actual text format of the address. I see that there are 3 post offices in Pattaya and wonder if any of them could carry this out, with the address of <ship's name> of Wharf Pattaya, Phatthaya Sai 1, Chon Buri, Thailand

Legendx,

As I believe this is a local "ship" and not a foreign flagged one, all mail is most probably sent to the Captains home adress.

I do not believe the crew are living onboard but go and come morning/afternoon/evening and therefore having an adress to the ship sound a bit overkill.

I would suggest trying to find out the crew member name and adress. Ships adress will surely not work.

If it is a foregin ship, mail is generally forwarded onboard through an agent.

Good luck