Bicycle Repair & Servicing

p1p

Where can I get a mid-range mountain bike serviced. I know Top Gear on Chang Moi road, but they are bank-breakingly expensive, costing more than to service my 750. Is there anywhere else that will do a decent job without removing both arms and legs?

You might try the shop on Ratphakhinai (?) Rd. From Pratu Thapae go west toward Wat Phra Sing on Ratcahadamnoen Rd and it is the first main road after AUA, go left and straight through the stop sign at Ratchadamankha Rd, it is about 100 meters down on the right side. It would be the first place I'd try but I do not know the prices because so far I have done my own bike maintenance. They sell a lot of reasonably priced mid-range mountain bikes and are nice.

Where can I get a mid-range mountain bike serviced. I know Top Gear on Chang Moi road, but they are bank-breakingly expensive, costing more than to service my 750. Is there anywhere else that will do a decent job without removing both arms and legs?

In the past, they have refused to service any bicycle that I did not buy from them. I'm not sure if that is the norm for them, or not. :o

You might try the shop on Ratphakhinai (?) Rd. From Pratu Thapae go west toward Wat Phra Sing on Ratcahadamnoen Rd and it is the first main road after AUA, go left and straight through the stop sign at Ratchadamankha Rd, it is about 100 meters down on the right side. It would be the first place I'd try but I do not know the prices because so far I have done my own bike maintenance. They sell a lot of reasonably priced mid-range mountain bikes and are nice.

Comes with recommendations from a couple of those guys that takes a bicycle ride around the world just for fun (they say) and had to do some repairs in Chiang Mai. Spoke to one guy of the kind that had got his world tour bike fixed there because he had red a blog by another guy of the kind that had got his bike fixed there. (Know no prices neither, but the owner looks friendly and isn't big).

Thanks guys - I'll push my creaking old frame down there some time later today!

Holy smokes, sounds like that bicycle needs some serious repairs! :o

Not too sure if it's the bike ~ or my personal frame that creaks most at present!

That would be "Chaitawat" bike shop by the sounds of it.

Yes, good people there & good servicing for your bicycle. When I purchased 2 mountain bikes there a few months ago the mechanic was away in Korat at the SEA games, working on the Thailand teams' bikes.

I guess he knows his job!