Just Bouht A Nice New Condo

I just last week found a nice new condo for 800,000 baht in Suk soi 109 near the skytrain.

I want to put in a shower insted of the bath, pull the bath out as I dont like bathes at all now and this one is blue also and does things to my eyes.

Anyone know how much to get a local contracter to do something like this ?

Not meaning to sound harsh, but maybe you should ask some contractors and not a bunch of farangs on an Internet forum?

With the bare minimum information you have given, it will cost you from 10k to over 100k, depending on what equipment you use. I have seen showers at HomePro that go for 100k by themselves.

Suggest you head to your closest HomePro and talk to them. The have an installation dept that will handle for you as well.

Oh, you will need a Thai speaker to go with you.

TH

I just last week found a nice new condo for 800,000 baht in Suk soi 109 near the skytrain.

I want to put in a shower insted of the bath, pull the bath out as I dont like bathes at all now and this one is blue also and does things to my eyes.

I have a contact from a contractor I know who is honest and reasonable. I originally made the contact through Home Pro but have found him to be more reliable than most I have dealt with. PM me if interested.

Realmadrid: It is not so big just 42 sqare metres. But i only need it to sleep in when here on holiday or busines.

Schmean: How did you know this ? Maybe you know me or my wife in phuket as she was with me when this hapened a couple of years ago.

I got a dizy spell from climing into the bath and fell over and broak my nose and recked a shower screan. Aparantley I was unconshus for several minutes in the bath and lucky it was not full of water before my wife found me and spraid the toilet hose on me to wake me up. Aparentley she thought i was drunk again.

Look in the Pattaya forum, there's a guy there who renovates condos and resells them. He might be able to give you a handle on costs.

Sorry I don't have time right now to search his name but if you scroll through you'll find him.

chok dee

To pull out the tub and tile over the exposed area also possibly needing to reroute the plumbing lines for a shower head should not be more than 10,000 baht with labor an materials.

Well I got it done while I was away and it cost me 38,000 baht and they did not even take away all the rubish.

Now I have a blue bath in the middle of me kitchen.

The green tiles I brought they also put in upside down.

At least it is a shower and I do not have to worry about topling over in the bath again.

38k baht, all i can say is you must have a good heart.

assuming you retiled the whole bathroom, materials and tiles about 10k baht, depending on quality of tiles purchased.

lets say 6k for the shower unit.

2 guys taking 2 days to remove all tiles from bathroom and lets say the same 2 guys taking 2 days to retile.

assuming each guy was paid 500 baht per day, we are only talking 4k baht in wages.

assuming it took longer to complete add 1,000 baht per day.

would sure like to know the breakdown of that 38k.

It only took one day to remove the tiles and bath tub and that they dumped in the bath tub and left in the kitchen.

It did take them 3 or 4 days to tile up the area and fit the screen.

I am having trouble with the drain now though, it is seems the floor is not level and the water drains to the opposite side of the shower. So more than half the shower fills with an inch or more of water.

The building maintenance guy said I might have to rip up the floor tiles again and have the floor underneath it leveled first. Or change the drain to the other corner but this would involve going through the ceiling of the apartment below and they are already peeved with me for all the noise.

I also dropped a terracotta pot from my balcony onto theirs below and it shattered some of there tiles and left a great mess everywhere. I had to hide for a week as they were looking for me and I did not answer the door twice when I thought it was them looking for me.

Anyway hope things settle down a little and maybe I should have brought a condo on the ground floor as the height is now starting to get to me.

It only took one day to remove the tiles and bath tub and that they dumped in the bath tub and left in the kitchen.

It did take them 3 or 4 days to tile up the area and fit the screen.

I am having trouble with the drain now though, it is seems the floor is not level and the water drains to the opposite side of the shower. So more than half the shower fills with an inch or more of water.

The building maintenance guy said I might have to rip up the floor tiles again and have the floor underneath it leveled first. Or change the drain to the other corner but this would involve going through the ceiling of the apartment below and they are already peeved with me for all the noise.

I also dropped a terracotta pot from my balcony onto theirs below and it shattered some of there tiles and left a great mess everywhere. I had to hide for a week as they were looking for me and I did not answer the door twice when I thought it was them looking for me.

Anyway hope things settle down a little and maybe I should have brought a condo on the ground floor as the height is now starting to get to me.

:o:D:D:D

You have to laugh

• 4 weeks later...

but how will ypou give yourself an enima while you are in the shower, I thought you did that in the bath?