Good Thai Food At The River

Charly2008

Does anybody know a good thai food restaurant at the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, but not the high class stuff, a restaurant with perhaps mixed customer falang and Thai, with good food and resonable prices.

Some friends are coming over from Europe and they told me last time they would like to have dinner at a spot like this.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Try going to Gin Rom Shom Sapan (กินลมชมสะพาน). Here's the website: //URL removed per forum rules and below warning that it is compromised//

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.khinlomchomsaphan.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Does anybody know a good thai food restaurant at the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, but not the high class stuff, a restaurant with perhaps mixed customer falang and Thai, with good food and resonable prices.

Some friends are coming over from Europe and they told me last time they would like to have dinner at a spot like this.

thanks

Find your way to Phra Arthit Road, not far from Khao Sarn Road.

A good choice of places to eat, with views over the river.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the time go to Koh Kret or Kred. I tell you, some of the best curries I\'ve tasted came from that island. It\'s like a small pottery village in the city but they have some very good thai resturants on there. I took a tour of the island, but you can get there by water taxi. Very very nice place to visit. Thai and Mon food and deserts. Some very cool pottery also. A few Wats to visit and see. The people are really friendly and nice.

*j*

Dairy Queen Restaurant in Nonthaburi is very nice...good food...and reasonable price... And they also have a river dinner cruise, if you want to do that instead of eating riverside...

Yok Yor also has a good reputation, and has I believe 3 different locations at various spots along the river...

You can find web site references for both of the above places...