Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

Dave i saw that as well. just thinking it might have something to do with the problems they had before so hence change of owner an company name(rather than product name).

but then at my motorsi service shop he has a tiger compresser (thai brand) that uses a cheetah on the logo. eg spots not stripes. hehehehehe

Sill boy, the spotted Cheetah thay you saw on the compressor is a Tiger, but its a "Thai spotted Tiger" ( with spots not stripes ) by now you should know they do absolutely everything different here.

Tony B.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And looking at the specs it seems like a bored and stroked 200 (cos its 232cc which implies this) so engine cases and frame parts should be easy to get and cheap.

So come on guys go and buy one. or lend me the money at 10% per year and i'll go get one . :o:D :D

Allan

So, it is not a full 250, more like a 230? I am no stickler for detail, and never checked to see if my GN250 Suzuki was only a 247. Still, 232 is only 16% larger than a 200, rather than 25%. Add in the lower technology compared to the Ninja 250, and there really is no comparison, just contrast. Still, good value for the money, if you knew how to order parts for it, or lived within 300 km of a dealer.

Most countries produce motorcycle engines that are fairly reliable. There's quite a bit of stigma against Chinese manufactured motorcycles, which although can be very good if there is a foreign interest involved, usually are crap. I haven't heard of Tiger using Chinese crap, so I'd assume you should be good for quite some time on the engine. And as it's been reiterated, any Somchai can work on it; add in the fact that should something catastrophic happen engines in Thailand are generally dirt cheap, you can't lose.

Is " Chinese Crap " a recognised industry term ?

Tony B.

Yes.

Now, allow the grown-ups to converse.

Sure "Chinese Crap" is a very reliable standard, but please people not forget that China has a motorcycle industry that is so much incredible bigger then Thailand or even the US.

Even if I talk to Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki or even H-D I call the bolts they use "Chinese Crap", it is unbelievable that they keep using that crap. And like everywhere and in every market you have cheap and you have good, they both have a different price tag.

So it is what you buy is what you get, if you buy a 17,000 Baht Chinese built copy of a Honda Wave it is not as good as a same officially Honda Chinese built similar motorcycle for 27,000 Baht.

I can remember I bought a super smart looking sprocket and chain set, after one week it looked like it was years old... the teeth were who knows where and my wife was laughing as never before...

Most countries produce motorcycle engines that are fairly reliable. There's quite a bit of stigma against Chinese manufactured motorcycles, which although can be very good if there is a foreign interest involved, usually are crap. I haven't heard of Tiger using Chinese crap, so I'd assume you should be good for quite some time on the engine. And as it's been reiterated, any Somchai can work on it; add in the fact that should something catastrophic happen engines in Thailand are generally dirt cheap, you can't lose.

Is " Chinese Crap " a recognised industry term ?

Tony B.

Yes.

Now, allow the grown-ups to converse.

Having had my slap I will go & stand in the corner until playtime.

Tony B.

Sure "Chinese Crap" is a very reliable standard, but please people not forget that China has a motorcycle industry that is so much incredible bigger then Thailand or even the US.

Even if I talk to Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki or even H-D I call the bolts they use "Chinese Crap", it is unbelievable that they keep using that crap. And like everywhere and in every market you have cheap and you have good, they both have a different price tag.

So it is what you buy is what you get, if you buy a 17,000 Baht Chinese built copy of a Honda Wave it is not as good as a same officially Honda Chinese built similar motorcycle for 27,000 Baht.

I can remember I bought a super smart looking sprocket and chain set, after one week it looked like it was years old... the teeth were who knows where and my wife was laughing as never before...

You are right Richard, if one buys a half price Chinese copy of a Honda wave its likley not of the same quality & wont last as long in regular use, but there has to be some ok Chinese psrts out there.

The problem is when purchasing an item in Thailand we all rely on the manufacturer to produce his product to acceptable standards of quality & a lot of the stuff is from China,

It may look fine & pretty when being purchased & be a waste of $ £ if fitted just like your worn out sprocket & chain set, But it can in some instances be down right dangerous to your life to use.

A sobering case in point, a guy in Pattaya here bought a set of 4 copy BBS alloy wheels for his BMW complete with the required longer mounting bolts,

2 klicks down the road a front wheel parted company with the car, all the bolt heads had sheared off at various hights, damaged panels, disc & hub assembly !

The remaining broken "studs " resembled porous swiss cheese inside, clearly a case of real faulty steel used in manufacture, or the studs had not been nitrogen de-embrittled after the bright zinc plating process ( standard procedure after plating any decent quality steel bolts ) & costs a fifth of nothing to do.

So how do you find out what Chinese produced nuts & bolts ( or sprockets etc etc ) are like ?

I guess generally The Hard Way & thats a problem if something important shears off on your motorcycle after you have just replaced it.

So is this a argument in favour of finding suppliers who stock recognised European- US - Jap standards

products & when we do giving everyone else here the benefit of their names ?

It would also work to the benefit of the ok Chinese manufacturers who can & do produce something of acceptable quality & price.

Ditto, if we do buy from any supplier products that later turns out to be Total Crap name em & shame em, it might one day save someone money or more importantly their life.

Just thoughts from someone who has experienced a previous serious breakage.

Tony B.

Hi Tony, thanks for the offer. I have a feeling what I want will need to be custom made.

ThaiCBR: you can get the neoprene/velcro work support belts they have braces to stop them riding down

Hi dude, tried a couple of things, the support belt with straps and a not so sexy corset! If you work a 10 hour shift with these things on it it's not nice. I want something that puts pressure on the hips and pushes up on the back of the neck so it's taking pressure off the spin I got 3 distressed discs. Something firm that will allow me to lean forward when riding.

post-63954-1226490859.jpgpost-63954-1226490840.jpg

Edited by BSJ

After a few years of bad backs my mate had a numbness appear on the back of one leg and ass cheek.. Went and had it checked out and they said lucky he was in as it often results in loss of nerve action to the cock !! He had some surgery to remove discs and fuse a few of the vertebrae together in his lower back.. While its not been perfect he hasnt put his back out like he used to and doesnt suffer nearly as much..

Hi Tony, thanks for the offer. I have a feeling what I want will need to be custom made.
ThaiCBR: you can get the neoprene/velcro work support belts they have braces to stop them riding down

Hi dude, tried a couple of things, the support belt with straps and a not so sexy corset! If you work a 10 hour shift with these things on it it's not nice. I want something that puts pressure on the hips and pushes up on the back of the neck so it's taking pressure off the spin I got 3 distressed discs. Something firm that will allow me to lean forward when riding.

post-63954-1226490859.jpgpost-63954-1226490840.jpg

Wow BSJ & Thai cbr,

Thats a real serious belt you could hold up a condo with it, who sells it the Spanish Inquisition ?

My girls gone into a frenzy over the belt photo, she says if the big belt can make me as slim as the skinny guy in the picture I have to buy one fast,

she also wants to know do they do various colours for the ladies model & does it come with suspenders as standard ?

Breathless of Jomtien, Tony B.

Hi Tony, just type in - back support - in your browser and you'll get 100 million hits! But I suspect your companion (partner) would be quite happy to go straight to Victoria Secrets! :o

post-63954-1226618547_thumb.jpg

Now if they could only get it in black with pink highlights and rhinestones!

I just found this on the net

Tiger Motorcycle Racing ready for 2008

Sunday, January 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM ICT

Contributed by: news

topic_Motorcycleracing.jpgTiger-Motorcycle-Racing-ready-for-2008_1.jpgTeam Tiger Motorcycle Thailand Philippines made last year a successful debut in the Philippine roadracing when all of its three entries finished on the podium and took home a Manufacturer Award.

Formed specifically for Philippine IRGP, Tiger Racing went through a meticulous rider selection process and a high level of machine preparation to ensure success, all Japanese brand names where in the competition. They had a race engine built in Thailand and Thai Tiger racing mechanics were part of their Philippine IRGP team.

Led by Mr. Henry Sola and Ponciano Gebana, Tiger held numerous rider try-outs on the racetrack to determine the riders who they believed could pilot their new powerful Matrix 115 on the victory circle.

Tiger-Motorcycle-Racing-ready-for-2008_2.jpgObviously, they made the right decision as Mark Medina and Victor Laude fought hard for the lead and eventually finhed 2nd and 3rd in the Juniors Trophy while 'Ironman' Dustin Esguerra made a successful return to big time racing when he led and won the Philippine 115GP from start to finish and therefore giving Tiger Motorcycle the Philippine 115GP Manufacturer Award.

The success of Tiger Motorcycle at the Philippine IRGP immediately generated interest and exposure for the brand in the Philippine market and had many riders considering to purchase the Matrix 115.

According to Tiger Motorcycle, joining the Philippine IRGP was a good decision for their company and they are looking forward to participating in this years IR racing activities.

I´ve found this also, when I googled. It is really strange, that TIGER-Motorcycles does´nt have a website. Another case of Amazing Thailand.

Khun Parinya

from tiger confirmed me that their New site will be up and running by the end of this month.I really think their is a new wind blowing there

[ Tiger Boxer 200 ]

Hi :D

I am in Thailand in the south, where can I go to purchase a Tiger Boxer 200? :D

I thank you in advance for your info. :D

Best regards...... :o

Arjuna

Call this gsm number Khun Pariya 0898237049 or send an E-mail to [email protected] ..... If he doesnt reply he is in the Phillipines

warmest regards ,

charlie

kano you got your boxer 250 yet. if yes update please. allan

Hi Allen,

I have an appointment with khun Pariya on December 13th at Tiger Motorcycle factory in Samutprakan.Khun Pariya is in the Phillipines until 10th December.I have an appointment with tiger directly coz i want to order a different Boxer conform to my needs.

Softer absorbers than the demonstrator and radial tires.I need a topcase holder as well. That all can be done.My boxer will be delivered

within 14 days just in time to do my New Year trip to Chiang mai.

By that time you can have my GSM number

P.S> I have some close cop friends here in Suphanburi and They say that the boxer is a good fast bike without any problems at all

b4n

Charlie

kano you got your boxer 250 yet. if yes update please. allan

Hi Allen,

I have an appointment with khun Pariya on December 13th at Tiger Motorcycle factory in Samutprakan.Khun Pariya is in the Phillipines until 10th December.I have an appointment with tiger directly coz i want to order a different Boxer conform to my needs.

Softer absorbers than the demonstrator and radial tires.I need a topcase holder as well. That all can be done.My boxer will be delivered

within 14 days just in time to do my New Year trip to Chiang mai.

By that time you can have my GSM number

P.S> I have some close cop friends here in Suphanburi and They say that the boxer is a good fast bike without any problems at all

b4n

Charlie

Wow, if Tiger is really doing all that for you, perhaps they're a company that needs another look taken at.

As I said earlier, there's no reason for me to not like them (other than not being Honda :o ), and fortunately there's a Tiger dealership down in Lan Sak. Maybe I'll get one of those Boxer for the B-I-L when he finally graduates, would give me an excuse to try it out.

I really hate to drop into a dealership as if I am in the market for a new bike, when I am not. But I think the only Tiger dealership in northern Thailand may be on the opposite side of Chiang Mai from where I live. If I am in that area, I will stop by and ask. But chances are, I cannot ask in Thai any more than they can answer in English. How many Boxers did this distributorship sell this year? Why have I never recalled seeing a Boxer outside of the BKK area, even as a cop bike? Why did the Joker 125 that you sold my partner turn out to be the least reliable bike his family ever owned? How many parts do you keep in stock? Have you ever had a 250 Boxer?

Peace i would say if you don't want one don't go and look. we all know you love your Honda but please try and look at things in a different way. :D

because there are tiger boxers outside Bangkok, not many but some, mainly police bikes yes but here in Nakhom Pathom there are a couple of boxers and a couple of cbr's as well as the big bikes the cops seem to be able to afford!

Thai's don't like thai made products if there are jap or western products to match them. also in reality how many cbr150's do you see considering its been made since 2003 by Thailand's largest bike maker with a show room in every town.

Thai's don't like bigger bikes. most of the one's i see are ridden two up with the finance/repo men on board. :o

Allan

Fine, I am Thai enough to not trust Thai bikes. :o My partner tells me has has seen a couple of Boxers here in the last 3 or so years. We see CBR's every day, and sometimes when I am on mine I see two more in a matter of minutes. It is sportbikes that are not popular. Boyfriend says now the younger generation is all for the Fino and Blade automatics, Clicks, Sparks, etc.

Fine, I am Thai enough to not trust Thai bikes. :o My partner tells me has has seen a couple of Boxers here in the last 3 or so years. We see CBR's every day, and sometimes when I am on mine I see two more in a matter of minutes. It is sportbikes that are not popular. Boyfriend says now the younger generation is all for the Fino and Blade automatics, Clicks, Sparks, etc.

Hi,I totally agree with Thai CBR.I have a few cop friends they all love the Boxer,never have problems with it.I asked why they use the wave or spark then.They simply reply the Boxer is too large and too heavy for them.Thai poeple are very nice people but certainly they arent bikers at all.

good luck to you all