Shipping A Small Package With Tracking From Thailand

freitag1

I have to send some samples (1,6 kg) to the United States and really want to do this with tracking.

Here is a link to all the services of the Thailand Post.

Is EMS the only option to send packages with a tracking number from Thailand?

Mods please delete this thread there was a similar discussion before

Been using ems daily for 15 months, totally reliable, and cheaper than the others,.

I have to send some samples (1,6 kg) to the United States and really want to do this with tracking.

Been using ems daily for 15 months, totally reliable, and cheaper than the others,.

Agree, I've used UPS, Fedex, DHL and EMS. So far EMS has been pretty reliable, unlike the others. I think it was UPS that took over 2 weeks to deliver a documents package to Cambridge, England. It wasn't the Thais fault though, the thing sat in a depot in England for most of that time. Useless b****** the English! :o

Agree, I've used UPS, Fedex, DHL and EMS. So far EMS has been pretty reliable, unlike the others. I think it was UPS that took over 2 weeks to deliver a documents package to Cambridge, England. It wasn't the Thais fault though, the thing sat in a depot in England for most of that time. Useless b****** the English! :o

Ill actually go as far as to say i find the thai post superb,everything we send seems to hit country of destination within a very reasonable time, from there it can go downhill, as for the states we have had goods arrive in 3 days then take 3 weeks to destination within the states,( this is with normal post, not EMS,) i sometimes wonder if wells fargo covered wagons still run in the US,.and as for Parcelforce in the UK its still run by postman pat and ex govt employees i think as they dont give a toss,

You could send it registered mail, you get a tracking number, it's cheaper, and takes the same amount of time.

I've sent a few things ems and I'll tell you, it can't be tracked from thailandpost's

website. It was explained to me this function didn't work. You have to physically

go to the post office and they can print you off a tracking sheet. USPS is the

partner service in the states (http://www.usps.com) it usually pops up there

after about 5-6 days. I think there's a flat rate for things 1kg and under, if

I can remember it's about 1,200 baht. May well be a better serivce out there. :o

EMS can be tracked through the Thai Post website, plus once it arrives it can also be tracked through (most) countries local mail websites.

(Auspost, USPS, Royal Mail websites etc...)

EMS takes 3-5 business days.

Airmail (10-14 business days) also comes with a tracking number, but this only shows up in the tracking system once it arrives in the destination country.

(Basically it doesn't "track" the package, but just confirms that it has arrived)

UPS has detailed tracking, but from my experience they are totally crap. I had a package delivered to US and signed for by "Porch".

The person never received the package, and we called UPS to ask why. They (Thai UPS service center) said "Yes the package was signed for by Mr. Porch". At which point we had to explained to them that in US "Porch" actually means the door step, and we highly doubted the person who signed for it was actually called Porch.

They then "investigated" for about 2 weeks, we continued to call them about it, in the end they told us they had been in touch with the recipient and he had confirmed the package had now arrived.

A month later the person who had supposedly received the package contacted me asking about why the package had still not arrived.

Basically UPS had totally lied to us about ever contacting the recipient, they don't even have a record of any investigation ever being initiated.

Its now over 5 months since we shipped the package, and we are still waiting for them to "process" the refund.

Also their rates are pretty outrageous IMHO.

EMS cannot be tracked through the Thaipost website. This function does not work. I went to

the post office and had a detailed discussion with them about this. They can print you off a

tracking sheet giving you the itinerary of your package on their internal system but it can't

be checked on the internet similar to fedex. Tracking function on Thaipost's website is disabled.

You will repeatedly get an error message saying item has not been entered into system.

It does not take 3-5 days. They may tell you 3-5 days but I've sent probably 4 packages with

this method and they all arrive in 7-10 days. So, while it has always arrived it does call into

question paying a premium for a service you don't really get or is misrepresented slightly.

EMS cannot be tracked through the Thaipost website. This function does not work. I went to

the post office and had a detailed discussion with them about this. They can print you off a

tracking sheet giving you the itinerary of your package on their internal system but it can't

be checked on the internet similar to fedex. Tracking function on Thaipost's website is disabled.

You will repeatedly get an error message saying item has not been entered into system.

It does not take 3-5 days. They may tell you 3-5 days but I've sent probably 4 packages with

this method and they all arrive in 7-10 days. So, while it has always arrived it does call into

question paying a premium for a service you don't really get or is misrepresented slightly.

It's 3-5 business days. So if there is a weekend in the middle that is 5-7 regular days. I ship packages on a weekly basis. They are rarely late with EMS.

Also their tracking system is not disabled, it is available here:

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

Here's a tracking number just to prove that it works:

EE073486570TH

I know I could wait and ask tomorrow at the post office but can anyone just tell me the difference between shipping a small package (SAL) and small packet (AIR).

What's the difference? They told my girlfriend SAL is airmail so I'm a bit confused.