Naval Warships In Patong Harbour

amanda76

I drove by to have breakfast with my partners today (late breakfast) and I saw 3 Naval Warships off the coast.

Are we having a Coo? Being graced with a port of call, or am I just eating too many red chilis?

(For all in-10-sive porposes, Coo has been mispeled)

~a~

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove by to have breakfast with my partners today (late breakfast) and I saw 3 Naval Warships off the coast.

Are we having a Coo? Being graced with a port of call, or am I just eating too many red chilis?

(For all in-10-sive porposes, Coo has been mispeled) So has purposes & misspelled.

~a~

Sounds like R & R.

Please let them stay far away :o:D

They only walk around with their 7-11 bottle of cheap beer ( no money off-course ) and causing problems with their macho behavior.

Luckily the last time they where here is already a long time as the governor of Phuket don’t want them any more here on the island.

Please let them stay far away :o:D

They only walk around with their 7-11 bottle of cheap beer ( no money off-course ) and causing problems with their macho behavior.

Luckily the last time they where here is already a long time as the governor of Phuket don't want them any more here on the island.

I assume you're talking about the Thai Navy (no money of course)?

Well it sounds like they are back, irrespective of whether the governor or indeed yourself are happy about it.

Perhaps the OP would like to elaborate as to under which flag the invasion force is sailing?

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

(For all in-10-sive porposes, Coo has been mispeled)

~a~

Nothing new Amanda, the Navies of many countries make Patong a stop to let the guys "get some rounds in".

Steer clear when it's the U.S. Navy, those guys get blasted and act like idiots.....

I am no War Buff, but they looked serious. One had the Aegis Radar System (tooo much Discovery Channel), but other than that, they looked like puddle jumpers.

US Navy? I was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (USA) once and a Carrier pulled in. My god, I think the pregnancy rate in that town went up.

I was just asking because we are rolling a bundle of dough into our project and the last thing I need is another Coux.

Buy tha waye, I are a exelnt spelar, Seymor! Eye wuz jist makin a funie...

P.S. Say Hug

You Fly Ass Pimp!

, where is your restaurant? I need something new. I have beaten Kuhn Woddy's to death (but Woddy ain't complaining)

~a~

Edited by amanda76

:o I don't think the navy will be much help in launching a coup. See, the thing is those evil war machines roll on water and are not very effective in the crowded sois. Where the devil do you want those things to go when there doing their job like protecting territorial waters and rescuing fishermen? Anyways, I suspect there are plenty of ladies and hospitality trade places that would welcome some strutting young men filled with lustful desires to mount a coup for a beer and some play.

I was in Barcelona one time, when the US 4th fleet dropped there hooks. (May have been 5th)

Those guys took over the city, queues outside the nawty houses 100 yards long.

Imagine the dosh they left behind.

Be mightily good financially for Phuket.

Patong would be a warground, fights and such...... sheeeeesh.

I saw the ship as well today... didnt notice any flags on the vessel those... will look again in the morning, unless anyone else posts what flags are flying

you saw The ship? singular?

was it a "warship?"

nobody owns a camera these days?

Sounds like phase 1 of a military "coo" to me. Obviously once they have control of Patong, the rest of Thailand just falls inline behind it.

>>Sounds like phase 1 of a military "coo" to me

Isn't a "cooing" the sound of someone in love spewing strange sounds? Also isn't it the sound of these local pigeons?  Coo coo, Coo coo.

every now and then the ships come to town. i was down bangla last year i think it was when there was a ship in town. boy, did those boys party hard! but they had their own police patrolling at the same time. they had a great time, and i have to add, they were pretty easy on the eyes, girls!

According to Thai Royal Navy, the 3 in Patong Bay were from Singapore Navy.

3 more ships from US Navy just arrived off Deep Sea Port, Ao Makham, south east coast, this morning, and approx 1200 sailors including female, started to make R & R visits around island, plus 2 charity visits to school in Kamala and Life Home Project for AIDs victims this weekend.

We have an interview with their 3 commanders to be shown on Monday April 7' s Andaman News program at 8.35am, on NBT (renamed from TV channel 11) VHF dial and later that day on http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ (& http://news.prd.go.th which will be phased out end of April).

Edited by TV Channel 11

Please let them stay far away :D:D

Luckily the last time they where here is already a long time as the governor of Phuket don't want them any more here on the island.

Well it sounds like they are back, irrespective of whether the governor or indeed yourself are happy about it.

Perhaps the OP would like to elaborate as to under which flag the invasion force is sailing?

Thai Navy :D:D

I believe they have only one working ship. :o

I mean off-course the US navy which is causing the probelms.

Why do you think that the lower rank sailors are not allowed to sleep on the island any more.

Only the officers where allowed to stay after 22:00 on the island. ( this was happening one of the their last visits any way ) :D

Why do you think that the lower rank sailors are not allowed to sleep on the island any more.

Only the officers where allowed to stay after 22:00 on the island. ( this was happening one of the their last visits any way ) :D

I think you'll find that US navy sailors spend, or perhaps squander, plenty of money.

Whilst I agree that drunken sailors aren't everyones cup of tea - perhaps your comments are based on your own personal anti-US agenda?

I don't know that he is Clayton. I've been there on a few occasions when they've been in (US Navy) and on the last of those occasions their behaviour was so outrageous (including one particularly vicious assault) that shore leave was cancelled. They were going into bars and stealing drinks and walking out with them, hanging out of tuk tuks and throwing empty bottles at people, abusing tourists and Thais alike, you name it, they did it. Having said that, I have the greatest of respect for the servicemen and women from all nations and particularly those of the western allies. This particular incident brought great shame upon the US Navy and it is an unfortunate product of this that later serving naval personnel have had to suffer the ignominy and attendant restrictions caused by their predecessors.

I believe they have only one working ship. :oBefore making such statements, may I suggest you learn to research - helps to prevent you looking like a fool you know. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...ailand/navy.htm

I don't know that he is Clayton. I've been there on a few occasions when they've been in (US Navy) and on the last of those occasions their behaviour was so outrageous (including one particularly vicious assault) that shore leave was cancelled. They were going into bars and stealing drinks and walking out with them, hanging out of tuk tuks and throwing empty bottles at people, abusing tourists and Thais alike, you name it, they did it. Having said that, I have the greatest of respect for the servicemen and women from all nations and particularly those of the western allies. This particular incident brought great shame upon the US Navy and it is an unfortunate product of this that later serving naval personnel have had to suffer the ignominy and attendant restrictions caused by their predecessors.

I don't dispute that such unsavoury incidents occur, but amongst armed forces personnel, I think you'll find the US Navy aren't the only culprits.

When and where did this happen so we can look it up?

NO I’m not anti US Navy only anti absurd drunk behavior from any kind of people. :o

Most of us ( who live a long time at Phuket ) knows about the behavior I’m talking about.

I'm not saying that they always create those problems but when you have "lower" rank sailors the unrest is much greater as when you have the officers.

NO I’m not anti US Navy only anti absurd drunk behavior from any kind of people. :o

Most of us ( who live a long time at Phuket ) knows about the behavior I’m talking about.

I'm not saying that they always create those problems but when you have "lower" rank sailors the unrest is much greater as when you have the officers.

Do you see a quote from you here? If your accuracy regarding the Thai Navy is indicative of anything then I wouldn't worry about your observations :D I was addressing Ping because he made an assertion that should be easily verified but I can find no mention online.

(And if you were anti absurd drunk behavior then you would probably see very little of it :D

Well it was certainly widely reported, so it will be in the archives of the Phuket Gazette and most probably The Nation and The Bangkok Post, but it was quite a few years ago - hence my reference to the impact upon later serving personnel. The assault incident was a Thai man on Patong beach and he was beaten unconscious and nearly killed by a group of them. There was not a person on the island who did not know what was going on, so you only have to talk to people - Thai or expat - who have been in Phuket for a lengthy period.

BTW, I am assuming here that you want the reference to read for your own interest, and not because you are impugning my statements. It will be in the archives of the Phuket Gazette (obviously) and probably also in the archives of The Nation and The Bangkok Post. Other Internet references are likely to be scant, since the Internet then was not what it is today (they were the Usenet days - the days before forums such as this one). Let me know if you find it.

Wow. I spelled Cou-p wrong because, I have to tell ya, before I came here, the first thing I ran a search for was COUX. I was just trying not to flood the forum with a discussion of it, being that there have been what 172?

I love to watch wear these topics go. My last forum consisted of similiar opinions, but this one is far better.

I am addicted to reading this. My phone has this rss feed so I get beeps everytime something new is mentioned.

Look. When you live in a part of town that attracted you for specific reasons, and others flock here to bathe in those same reasons, don't be shocked if, say: You get monkey doo flung on you while standing next to the Monkey cages.

For all those that would complain about a bunch of servicemen, coming to Patong for Drinking, Partying, and Sexual Escapades, well I say to you this: It is only monkey doo.

I have never even seen a serviceman or ship, until I went to Patong. I actually never thought I would, but Patong is a place known the world over, for exactly the same reason you know it.

We are all here to tour the all night freaky factory, right?

so if you don't like wild (fantastically in shape, hard pecks, and stamina....) guys running around, then I suggest you move.

I, happen to love OUR boys, and have to remind some of you whiners that you were boys once too.

God Bless the Troops, from all the Countries with Troops.

~a~

Edited by amanda76

I think you'll find that US navy sailors spend, or perhaps squander, plenty of money.

Whilst I agree that drunken sailors aren't everyones cup of tea - perhaps your comments are based on your own personal anti-US agenda?

No basing it on the drunken rape of one of thier own US female service women on the beach.. cheered on a by a ring of many of them throwing beer over her while she fought back.. Or the one that murdered the bar girl in her room and was then hustled off the island back to his boat by the US MP's.. Or the multiple fights etc etc..

I agree its got better in last couple of years, much more policed and much younger lads.. But going back say 3 or 4 years when marines were in ample supply.. They were just drunken whooping it up and fighting smashing etc as they liked.

Thats pretty much about how I remember it back about 4 or so years ago..

Abuse, bar brawls, gang mentality.. Smashing up places as they felt like it..