House Insurance For Company House

Rob5060

I insured with QBE (Pattaya branch) and they were not interested at all.

They just insured the house - simple as that.

I have renewed 4 times.

Mind you, I have not tried to make a claim yet - so who really knows!!!

My insurance does not include contents cover.

By the way, I have no idea whether QBE are the best deal nowadays, I am sure there are people on this forum who can advise you.

I have a house that was purchased using the Company method

Do any of you guys know if that creates any problems when insuring the building and contents

Cheers

No problem at all - Thai Visa Insurance can insure your property with either your own name or the name of your company as the insured - suggest using your own name for ease.

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I insured with QBE (Pattaya branch) and they were not interested at all.

They just insured the house - simple as that.

I have renewed 4 times.

Mind you, I have not tried to make a claim yet - so who really knows!!!

My insurance does not include contents cover.

By the way, I have no idea whether QBE are the best deal nowadays, I am sure there are people on this forum who can advise you.

Nothing wrong with QBE, good solid company and on the Thai Visa Insurance 'approval list'.

Please visit our Pattaya office - see attached for map - and we can arrange contents cover together with building cover for you.

AA_Insurance_Office_Map.pdf

my office/home is in my company name and i used Allianz - excellent service and price. i use them for all my insurance needs now.

Please check to make sure Allianz knows you are using your home as an 'office' - even if it's only one room (saves any problems in the event of a claim)

yep - its a townhouse, so no probs - they are aware cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you guys know if that creates any problems when insuring the building and contents

Cheers

No problem at all - Thai Visa Insurance can insure your property with either your own name or the name of your company as the insured - suggest using your own name for ease.

Sorry to be pedantic. Would this not create a Contract conflict? The OP advices that he does not own the house - it's in the Company name. Where therefore is the "insurable interest"?

Cheers

Sorry to be pedantic. Would this not create a Contract conflict? The OP advices that he does not own the house - it's in the Company name. Where therefore is the "insurable interest"?

No conflict - whoever is named as the insured is the party who will be paid out if there is a claim.

Cheers

No conflict - whoever is named as the insured is the party who will be paid out if there is a claim.

That's strange - I was always of the opinion that you couldn't insure something that you didn't own due to the fact that you could not produce title in the event of a loss.

I'm not questioning your statement as such, but are you sure on this point?

Take this scenario - image all the Company owners took out insurance - would the Insurers pay out 7 times in the event of a claim?

Edited by The Vulcan

Cheers

That's strange - I was always of the opinion that you couldn't insure something that you didn't own due to the fact that you could not produce title in the event of a loss.

I'm not questioning your statement as such, but are you sure on this point?

Take this scenario - image all the Company owners took out insurance - would the Insurers pay out 7 times in the event of a claim?

In Thailand you can insure something you do not own - this is the best way (for example) for anyone with a property in a company name as, in the event of a claim, it saves allot of paperwork.

Would the insurance company pay out 7 times, afraid not but good idea :-)

In Thailand you can insure something you do not own - this is the best way (for example) for anyone with a property in a company name as, in the event of a claim, it saves allot of paperwork.

Would the insurance company pay out 7 times, afraid not but good idea :-)

I bet that would be an interesting one in the courts. I can just see the scenarios:-

1) But Your Honour,(or Khun somebody), I/we (all 7 of us) have a valid contract struck with the Insurance Company. A claim has occurred - why not pay?

2) One of us for sure is entitled to payment - which one?

3) The insurers reject the claim(s) because none of the 7 "owners" can prove complete title! Ouch!

Oh well, I'm glad I'm not a Company owner with a house to insure!