2 Million Baht For Apartment Purchase == Need Recommendations

Just over the other side of Taksin Bridge is an area called Klongsan there are a stack of new developments there, the new sky train stations open at the end of this year, you will be looking at 3mil Bht but they are quality developments that will soon be a 10 minute BTS ride into the City. Just an Idea

I'm not sure if they still have condo available but before Taksin bridge turning left 500 mt.from bts you can find a low rise building and the condo are going for 2mil.THB size are 38sq.m.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, considering purchasing a condo or small house (minimum 50 m2.) in Bangkok or near by. The budget is tide – 2 000 000 baht. The main questions are – what can I buy for this money and where can I buy? Suburban environment preferred, farang neighbors' is not a must. The purpose is a long term investment, consign for retirement (?). I'm not planning to stay in LOS at least for the next 5 years. Therefore the place might be offered for rent. I spent about a half year in Bangkok but still I can't make out which areas to examine and what kind of property should be preferred. Please advice… Also be kind and recommend some out-of-city neighborhoods which might be checked as well.

I want to sell a condo 186sqm 3rooms 2bathroom 4 aircon, kitchen, for 2,000,000 baht as your budget. It is near Don Muang, Rangsit University, Maung Thong Thani, chang Wattana Road, Klong prapa. It is condo but can feel like house since there is only 3 floor and only 2 room each floor. My condo is first floor so it has garden around but no need to cut tree and garden by youself. Suburban feeling but not far away. Only 1km near to express way and toll way (30mins to downtown). It was rent by english teacher and just available but now I prefer to sale (or longterm rental as 11500 baht/month). There is one unit is Farang owner and two unit may be japanese (rent).

from your explanation, I believe you will love it and also foreigner can own this condo but my opinion it is house with a big garden. There is a clubhouse with swimming pool.

I am Thai so maybe more easier to talk by email [email protected] and I can sent some picture to you.

So you realize that means you give your Thai g'friend/wife the place right? It will never be yours, forget divorce, etc. Never. It will be her place - period/full-stop. Not 50/50..

Why do people say stuff like this which is just not true and not based on the facts?

As a foreigner you are entitled to half the assets accrued in the course of the marriage and that includes half the value of any property bought even if you sgined the waiver if you can show that the money came from you either as a lump sum payment or over a period of time i.e. a mortgage.

So you realize that means you give your Thai g'friend/wife the place right? It will never be yours, forget divorce, etc. Never. It will be her place - period/full-stop. Not 50/50..

Why do people say stuff like this which is just not true and not based on the facts?

As a foreigner you are entitled to half the assets accrued in the course of the marriage and that includes half the value of any property bought even if you sgined the waiver if you can show that the money came from you either as a lump sum payment or over a period of time i.e. a mortgage.

The wavier actually says you did not give her the money.

TH

The wavier actually says you did not give her the money.

I know that but divorce law states you are entitled to half the assets accrued during the marriage and if you can show the money came from you, you are still entitled to that half even IF you did sign the waiver.