List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

I tried Caffeine in Kathu after reading the article from jamie-monk and it was top notch.

None of those canned ingredients that are so common a little further south. Easily twice as good as all the places i have been told had the best pizza on the island and as good as in italy. If you've seen the pictures on jamie-monk, my pizza's looked way better and not burned at all.

• 1 month later...

OK, please....

I'm looking for UK/US/Euro Chinese, just so we're on the same page.

Please let's not split hairs. Just imagine that you fancied a Chinese meal, the way you could get it 'at home'....

Where would you go in Phuket?

I'm pretty desperate, please help me out!

That's probably my photography!

I'm seeing a medium double patty and a surf and turf with half a lobster, all cooked perfectly.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell this place to you. We enjoyed it.

:D

Tapster, glad you liked EAT. The Owner Chris, very good guy, used to own the place across the street before some domestic matters had him sell. He's quite a good cook and typically has the staff on their toes so all-in-all for sure he's got a good operation as well as good food.

Nice recommendation for all out there. Cheers, GOM

• Like 1

On 7 August 2016 at 10:38 PM, grumpyoldman said:

Tapster, glad you liked EAT. The Owner Chris, very good guy, used to own the place across the street before some domestic matters had him sell. He's quite a good cook and typically has the staff on their toes so all-in-all for sure he's got a good operation as well as good food.

Nice recommendation for all out there. Cheers, GOM

Agree. Chris is a good friend of mine and he's a chef by trade, not a farang that's opened a restaurant as a business with no previous experience, and it shows.

The burger and fries with no add-ons is around 250 baht if I remember rightly. Drinks are a little pricey for a mid-budget place but the food price is fine for what you get. The chateaubriand is highly recommended, though he limits the number available each day so there's no wastage, the lamb shank also gets good reports, though I haven't tried it, and the duck breast I had a couple of nights ago for 399 baht was very tasty. 

The place mainly caters for tourists but a number of expats of all nationalities are also regulars. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2016 at 6:56 PM, bearpolar said:

I tried Caffeine in Kathu after reading the article from jamie-monk and it was top notch.

None of those canned ingredients that are so common a little further south. Easily twice as good as all the places i have been told had the best pizza on the island and as good as in italy. If you've seen the pictures on jamie-monk, my pizza's looked way better and not burned at all.

A big +1 for Caffeine.............best Pizza on the island for mine and well priced given the rubbish offered up in the tourist belt.

Every once in a while, I hit "Wine Lovers", next to Rosovivo in Rawai (near Chalong circle)

They now have wraps on their new menu and I had the salmon wrap with pickles and parmesan cheese I believe it was. 
Very good. 
I am usually impressed with their food. 
It is first class, complete with lovely staff. 

IMO. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is tired of eating burgers cooked by a retired accountant or some thai guy that has never cooked anything but mama noodles.

Five loave burger in kathu right before patong hill.

Amazing and REALLY cheap.  Check their facebook for pictures, i don't want to give anyone heart attacks by posting here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bearpolar said:

Anyone who is tired of eating burgers cooked by a retired accountant or some thai guy that has never cooked anything but mama noodles.

Five loave burger in kathu right before patong hill.

Amazing and REALLY cheap.  Check their facebook for pictures, i don't want to give anyone heart attacks by posting here.

Its cheap because from what I can see on facebook, is they are serving sliders (Mini-burgers).

I don't mean that in a bad way, the food looks great and can probably order 3 different small burgers for the price of 1 premium burger.

Seems a good concept, especially appealing to Thais who generally don't like to eat "Heavy" and appealing to me at least because you can try different options.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, xvend said:

ok

how hard is it to scroll down and look at an actual picture of the burgers?

The homemade buns are really filling, none of that sugar bread that others use.

I have a leftover bag of sauce, im gonna go smell it now.

13606831_10201877301772321_1765545287817

Edited by bearpolar
  • Like 1