List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2016 at 5:44 PM, patongphil said:

Anyone been to Hogfathers in Palai Chalong? Craving a good feed of ribs, pulled pork etc.

Not myself but have heard good reviews from some that have, maybe giving it a go tonight so will let you know.

Had a nice feed at  Hogfathers last night, 3 meals(2 x pulled pork, 1 x ribs), 2 beers (Heinys) and a bottle of water baht1020 the lot, decent sized feed and nice location.

If your a local and plan on going get there soon, it's the best time as there was a good breeze all night and the tables are outdoors.

Visitor time of year coming up soon so will add it to the places to take people.

• Like 1

On 25 September 2016 at 8:09 PM, beechbum said:

Had a nice feed at  Hogfathers last night, 3 meals(2 x pulled pork, 1 x ribs), 2 beers (Heinys) and a bottle of water baht1020 the lot, decent sized feed and nice location.

If your a local and plan on going get there soon, it's the best time as there was a good breeze all night and the tables are outdoors.

Visitor time of year coming up soon so will add it to the places to take people.

Also visited. Shared the sampler plate with missus. Found ribs about average, the pulled pork was too sweet for me but the brisket was really good, otherwise agree a good "change" place in the area for locals.

Will keep on being a regular at Ajarn restaurant though, for their excellent and cheap Thai food.

On Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM, robertthebruce said:

There is now a nice Coffee Shop called ''Gallery Cafe'' she also has one in ''Phuket Town'' , its excellent and its on the right hand side as you drive towards Phuket Town.., nice Yellow Building..

Great Coffee and some nice Food.. prices are reasonable...

+1

Was there yesterday. My friend had eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and I had chicken panang.  Very good.

Free wi-fi.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Gallery Cafe - which road into Phuket Town and a bit more on directions - thank you

Unfortunately, Google Earth doesn't have a recent enough Street View picture - I was going to add it to my original post.

Going north on Chao Fah East from Chalong circle, it's on the right about 100 metres after Soi Thanuthep which is on the left.

Or coming south to the circle, after the traffic lights at soi Ban Khok Tanot, it's about 125 metres further south on the left.

There's a narrow unnamed soi running next to the cafe on the south side. It has a nice low stone wall on both sides, so that is the landmark I look for. In this image looking north, Google Earth shows the previous building named "Retro House" with the Leo sign outside, but the low stone wall can be seen::

Gallery Cafe Chalong.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk

On 1/10/2016 at 2:26 PM, LivinginKata said:

^

Yes, got it now. We called in last year (?) not long after it opened. At that time they had no real food on offer. So I assume it's still only cold tasties on offer ?  We will call in and check.

You will be pleasantly surprised. I too recommend the eggs benedict although have not been for quite a while but at least do not have to go to Phuket Town for this anymore.

• 1 month later...

New typical small&simple  Thai restaurant at Ao Por. Excellent food and run by very nice people from Phanga. The place opened yesterday and the environment is still under a bit of construction. 

Open: every day from 8am to 7pm.Screenshot 2016-11-04 14.26.52.png

I got my first tasty Phat See Iu Khai in several years - 50 baht. 

(some day I'll figure out the proper way to share google photos)

Screenshot 2016-11-04 14.25.04.png

• 2 weeks later...

In Rawai on San Yuan road next to small Esan Restaurant near Stoned Crab

Is Coffee Home been there twice so far for eggs Benidict (2 eggs) & Coffee 120 Baht very tasty, Clean place nice staff can sit inside or outside open 7am till 9pm I have not tried dinner there yet.....next report for that...Nice Place..Worth a try...

Enjoy

Just back from a brand new place called the Corner on Patak Road just past Wat Kata on corner of Patak 5. Small modern coffee shop, cakes, burgers, and their corner breakfast (200 baht). No Thai food. I had the breakfast, loaded plate 2 eggs, 3 hash brown, 2 bacon, beans, fried mushroom, lot of salad stuff, toast, coffee, and orange. Far too much for me to eat. Quite good - but bread barely heated and not toasted, beans almost cold. Not sure I'll be back as quite cramped and no Thai food for the wife. I suppose I might try the burger on my own as it's quite handy for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2016 at 2:06 PM, LivinginKata said:

Just back from a brand new place called the Corner on Patak Road just past Wat Kata on corner of Patak 5. Small modern coffee shop, cakes, burgers, and their corner breakfast (200 baht). No Thai food. I had the breakfast, loaded plate 2 eggs, 3 hash brown, 2 bacon, beans, fried mushroom, lot of salad stuff, toast, coffee, and orange. Far too much for me to eat. Quite good - but bread barely heated and not toasted, beans almost cold. Not sure I'll be back as quite cramped and no Thai food for the wife. I suppose I might try the burger on my own as it's quite handy for me.

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning us in the Thaivisa forum. Just wanted to let you know i have informed our staff about the "almost" cold beans and the bread to make sure standards are kept. You are welcome to try our burgers at any time. 

We just opened 2 weeks ago and need feedback from our customers like yourself. 

As a scandinavian expat myself, its important to keep good standards and expat friendly prices.

Regarding the Thai Food, im sorry to say that its not in our coffeeshop concept for now, but concidering it, anyway Koi is just over the street, so we might see a synergy.

Welcome back!

Frode

I did go back to the Corner in Kata and try the burger. Quite good, bit pricey at 150 baht for a basic burger with no fries. But it is a quality burger. So good that I went back a few days later and had another burger. Saves me driving all the way to Happy Days in Chalong which also serves quality burger for 120 baht with fries.

26 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Kata - Karon has always been over-priced for everything............even more so than Patong.

Patong has more competition and choice for Farang style food (if you can get parked).  Kata/Karon not so much (and parking is worse).  That's why I go to Chalong.

Edit ... talking about parking with a car. Gave up m/b 10 years ago

Edited by LivinginKata
typo - as usual

On 2016-11-25 at 10:52 PM, LivinginKata said:

I did go back to the Corner in Kata and try the burger. Quite good, bit pricey at 150 baht for a basic burger with no fries. But it is a quality burger. So good that I went back a few days later and had another burger. Saves me driving all the way to Happy Days in Chalong which also serves quality burger for 120 baht with fries.

Hard to see why expat owners don't understand this..

Step to make money:

Make decent food , doesn't even need to be better than what the average mom and dad makes back home.

Price under 200b

have hundreds of expats coming back a few times a week when they don't have time to cook.

Happy days got it, it's not amazing food but for 6$ usd and less for most meals, why bother cooking if you're tired and have some pretty decent quality food for that cheap?

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent some time looking through this thread and cannot find any mention of perhaps my favourite restaurant at the moment in Patong, which is "Higher".

A concise and reasonably varied menu from steaks to seafood to sushi to Italian and Thai, along with a few other varieties thrown in. The wagyu beef tenderloin at 790 baht would have to be one of the best steaks I've ever tasted in my life. I ask for them cooked "medium" and it comes out just on the medium side of medium rare as I've always been used to in other countries......pink but not bloody.

There is a free "entree" of a few different sorts of bread (small wholemeal and olive buns, breadsticks, etc) just to stave off the hunger pangs whilst you wait for the main course.

The food is superb and the service is impeccable. Have been there quite a few times and will continue to do so at this rate.

Another restaurant I frequent in Soi Patong Resort is the Italian restaurant named "Salute" (used to be called Valerio and Alex) and I've always found the food to my liking and it is very inexpensive in my view.

9 hours ago, phuket12345 said:

No, I just tell about the new restaurant that opened in Thalang.

Sounds like an Ad.

This thread is for recommendations for restaurants serving good food, not to notify posters of new restaurants.

Where's the review?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1