List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Tried a cheese and hamburger at Catalina, yake away, and it was very good quality and reasonably prices, so excellent value. Friendly staff as well, will go again.

19.00 hours on a Friday I was the only customer BTW, as I left 2 others sat down.

Revisited Gallery Cafe in Phuket Town yesterday for a very nice eggs benedict. IMO this is a wee gem of a place. Food can be a bit slow in coming if they are busy but unless you are in a hurry it does not matter as it is pretty relaxing with a nice outdoor area besides inside with air con.

Totally agree with you, it's excellent with a good selection of food... Love it...

Revisited Gallery Cafe in Phuket Town yesterday for a very nice eggs benedict. IMO this is a wee gem of a place. Food can be a bit slow in coming if they are busy but unless you are in a hurry it does not matter as it is pretty relaxing with a nice outdoor area besides inside with air con.

Totally agree with you, it's excellent with a good selection of food... Love it...

Where is this place? Just give us a road name.

Thanks.....just being lazy.

h_contact.jpgp_contact.jpg

19 Yaowarat Road, T. Taladyai,

A. Muang, Phuket 83000

Tel. 083 103 7000

Where ever that is I forget...

Lazy is good mate......

??? You gonna be home mid August

I've been to this resturaunt but not sure where it is or how I got there happens to me alot in Phuket Town???

I do remember the day I was there was hot as Heck not feel like eating but I did have a couple nice yen yen coffee to drink...

always lost in Phuket Town running around in Circles....

Edited by glassdude007

Wife wanted to spend some time at Wat Chalong yesterday, offering her prayers for Songkran etc. I headed for some refreshment at the restaurant directly opposite the rear entrance to the Wat (Rimtang@Chalong).

Very pleasant contemporary decor, and a relaxing terrace setting next to a small lake, as well as an inside air conditioned room. They do a separate, quite low cost lunch menu, and a more extensive a la carte which is available anytime. They also have a shop selling souvenirs. We just had a couple of Phad Kra Pows, which though they were very good aren't exciting photo material. Some shots of the place instead.

Just back from having lunch there. Had an excellent Nam Tok Moo which I can very much recommend. I believe it is crowded out by the local Thai crowd over the weekends which is always a good sign for quality and price. My meal was 100 baht for the moo and 10 baht for rice.

I will definitely go back for more.

another good companion, for when you have an address in mind:\, or willing to walk into a place that simply looks good from the outside:

A web-paged streetview works on any Internet capable phone

(doesn't have to be a SmartPhone either, and no need to download some Application like GoogleEarth):

http://vpike.com/?place=patong+resort&r=e

...haven't stepped foot on Phuket itself since the tsunami, so my old diary of destinations got wiped clean

Edited by tifino

Where is this place? Just give us a road name.

I am terrible with directions and also never noticed the road name, but it's about a toe minute walk from

The Bus Stance in Phuket town, where you catch the small blue bus to Kata and Patomg.

Hope,that helps a little sorry

Tried La Butcher steakhouse in Chalong the other day...

Good Steak Not Thai beef...

reasonable price 650 and 750 thb for two different cuts...rib cut and sirloin cut...

was not cooked enough I ate mine she had little bit and we recooked it at home via a doggy bag/box..

Im sure they mixed up the cuts of meat as her small sirloin came on my plate had to trade it around..

and Two things on menu we wanted (béarnaise sauce and caramel cream dessert)

was NO HAB as seems to be the norm in Most Restaurants here in Phuket No Hab most of the menu as offered...

My steak was ok tasty meat and not way overpriced for foreign meat will try this place again for sure

worth a try if in the mood for some good tasting steak

Tried that place twice, first time meat was cold (Like yours) thought i would give them another chance as they had just opened, even worse experience, my wife had Salmon and i had Steak Hache.

The Salmon was rock hard and nearly burnt on the outside and raw on the inside, even though it was a thin fillet proving it had been thrown in the pan frozen and my Steck Hache still had the plastic underneath it showing to me that it had never seen a pan or grill but the inside of a microwave.

First time i complained, second time i blamed myself for going back...... never again.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Sala Mexical, in the last 2 months??

Yes, why?

How was it??

Never been, so I would like to know if its worth a trip

I frequent Sala Mexicali, and recommend that you give it a try. The food, although not authentic Mexican, is very good - they use fresh ingredients and no MSG. The service, in the last year, has really improved and now they have a crew of very young, sweet Thai girls with big smiles who repeat your order. I recommend you try the mango salsa, the chicken quesadilla and the margaritas.

Went there a few nights ago and was not impressed at all. Very bland and not much filling with plenty of the starches to fill the plate. Nice rustic place though and good parking for a change.

Had Sunday roast today at the newly opened Windmill Phuket Hotel.

http://www.thewindmillphuket.com/#!the-restaurant/c1yrv

Three courses consisting of Soup (tomato), roast dinner served on a large plate with a choice of beef, lamb or pork and a desert of ice-cream with brownie cake.

Everything was well cooked and presented. My lamb was cooked to perfection, thinly sliced with a hint of pink. Very tender.

Came with mint sauce and gravy in separate containers. Vegetables included roast and mashed potatoes, mixed carrot and peas, cabbage and a Yorkshire pudding. No one finished all of their plate load.

Cost 250 baht.

Wife's thai seafood something or other was 120 baht.

A large, full, glass of very drinkable white wine was only 60 baht.

Owner is English and obviously keeps a close eye on the kitchen. One of his English speaking daughters took the orders, but there was a bit of plate swapping when the inexperienced thai staff brought the dishes out.

Friends who have been there for breakfast highly recommend it.

Apparently the steak and kidney pie is special.

Located under the windmill, a short walk to Yanui Beach.

I'll return often.

• Like 2

Had Sunday roast today at the newly opened Windmill Phuket Hotel.

http://www.thewindmillphuket.com/#!the-restaurant/c1yrv

That sounds interesting. I closely checked the website but no location information. Can you give a Google location? Wine at 60 baht !!! Not come across that sort of price for a very long time. We will be there very soon.

Found a good cheeseburger in Rawai today...

Mad Omalleys next to White Heart in Rawai,

140 bht real meat and cheese with fries and salad was very good.

Lads next to me had pork chop dinner plate loaded with gravey and fresh veggies and spuds not sure of the price

I have walked by this place many times but always empty and tried the burger in the past but it sucked big time. But It seems now the resturaunt is run separate from the bar which explains the 2 checks bins i received..

The food now is really good give it a try..

They open at 8am for breakfast 180 bht gonna try it soon cheers

Edited by glassdude007

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to a report some weeks ago in the 'other' online Phuket publication, my favourite beach bar/restaurant ("The Beach Bar", Khao Khad on Chalong Bay side of Cape Panwa) opened again as usual (they close between May and September). Only change is that they won't be putting their 2 iconic tables and stools back in the sand anymore (ironic as the Thai Tourism Authority once pictured them on one of their publications). They will however carry on with their normal routine of putting tables and chairs on the beach at sunset, putting them back in the restaurant at their normal closing time (circa 10 p.m.).

Good food, which along with drinks, are sold at 'Thai' prices, not tourist prices. Great views, and just a generally chilled place to spend some time.

I was actually their first customer yesterday, their first day of the new 'season'. Photo of Jang, the owner:

post-62520-0-77689200-1410483525_thumb.j

Anybody been to La Boucherie Chalong? The old horrible Chinese Restaurant? I've seen the menu, looks pricey but if its good, might be worth a try.

Been there twice don't waste your time or money.

If you are going to dismiss a place in that way you should give your reasons.

They advertise that their beef and lamb are imported, so it's going to cost more than your average noodle bar. If cost is your main complaint it would say more about you than the restaurant.

If they don't know how to cook or prepare their food or if the service is bad please elaborate, I'm planning a visit there soon.

There are some fair reviews already about this place on here and its below average food and poor cooking no issue with price or compare to noodle stall either.

Edited by glassdude007

Anybody been to La Boucherie Chalong? The old horrible Chinese Restaurant? I've seen the menu, looks pricey but if its good, might be worth a try.

They advertise that their beef and lamb are imported, so it's going to cost more than your average noodle bar. If cost is your main complaint it would say more about you than the restaurant.

If they don't know how to cook or prepare their food or if the service is bad please elaborate, I'm planning a visit there soon.

There are some fair reviews already about this place on here and its below average food and poor cooking no issue with price or compare to noodle stall either.

The fact that neither I, nor GOM, failed to notice previous reviews didn't make Andymans post any more illuminating.

Been many times to the "original" restaurant at Phawadee Village and enjoyed eating my Chateaubriand for 1. Nice al fresco dining and it was only on special occasions. Meal with wine +/- THB 1000.

Went to the new restaurant on Soi San sabai (original had a fire) and it just wasn't the same. Inside with air-con, but no outdoor seating. Chateaubriand was sold out unfortunately.