List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

There is a new Mexican place in Kata at Dragon Layre bar. The cook is Mexican and everything I had was good. Tostadas nachos salsa and guac. All very authentic. American owner a nice guy named Randy. My friend could not finish his combination plate bcz he was stuffed--it had so much food on it. Its on Patak Rd, the main road in Kata, opposite the Kata market and opposite a dental clinic Good stuff.

I had a stop at this place. Disappointed after the positive report. Not really a restaurant type place, really a big bar (maybe I was at the wrong Dragon Layre?). No dining tables to be seen, unfriendly feel, ended up going round to the Blue Fin for our Margaritas and Bean Tacos.

Indeed. I went there last week. The home made chorizo was dry, nothing more than some spices added to the ground pork. I ordered the flautas. It came fried. Antonio the chef came by and I told him I have never seen it fried. I had them in California, NM, CO, and it always came with cheesy tomato sauce.

Salsa was not tasty. The pickled carrots were nice. Service was dismal. The skinny Thai girl with all the tattoos knew nothing about the menu. The burritos were tiny and the fried rice and refried beans came cold.

Never again.

With regards to the Texmex by Nai Harn lake. Los Amigos. Since the Thai cook left him a couple of years ago, his new lady has tried to make it work and it also sucks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone tried the little Mexican place just near the north end of the lake at Nai Harn?
Also some other little places near it that looked quite busy on sunday arvo.

Can't beat Blue Fin for the tacos and the fresh salsa.

Wheres Blue Fin?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone tried the little Mexican place just near the north end of the lake at Nai Harn?

Wheres Blue Fin?
Thaina road, kata center (road at traffic lights at PTT station).
  • Like 1

Wheres Blue Fin?

About half way along Thaina Rd, right side (from light), not far past Dr Cusak's surgery.

• Like 1

i sometimes call past shakers in rawai and have the bbq chicken , they have them cooking outside on a rotiserrie , good chicken and good value with salad...

Either you got lucky or i was unlucky, I ate there and it was absolute carp.

i sometimes call past shakers in rawai and have the bbq chicken , they have them cooking outside on a rotiserrie , good chicken and good value with salad...

i only eat the bbq chicken from the rotisserie many times now , always perfectly cooked ,, what did you order ?

i only eat the bbq chicken from the rotisserie many times now , always perfectly cooked ,, what did you order ?

The chicken

• 1 month later...

If you like Vietnamese food, you need to try a great new Vietnamese restaurant. It is in Patong on 37 Soi Phra Barami (close to a wat). It is called Pho House by Mama Phung.It has only been open about 1 month. I read the raves about food and service on Trip Advisor and took the songtaew(30 baht) from Patong Beach towards Phuket town.I have travelled extensively throughout Vietnam and this food is the real deal. Not only was the food great (one of the owners mom's recipes are used) but so was the service. They have a Vietnamese cook. The mom whose recipes are used will be coming to Phuket in a month or so with some special promotions.

Talking with the owners (2 couples) they all have extensive backgrounds in the hospitality industry (hotel and food/beverage management). This is reflected in their personable, friendly and great service. I had beef pho, shrimp on sugarcane sticks (the sweet dipping sauce is quite spicier than I have had in Vietnam think they are doing it for local tastes), and a banoffee dessert with iced Vietnamese coffee(they import coffee from Nha Trang where one of the owners family lives).The banoffee was quite sweet-I've never has this dessert before so I can't comment on that relative to other restaurants. For the interim they will be closed on Sundays otherwise I would go back again today before heading back to Bangkok. I asked them to open a branch in Bangkok as haven't found very good Vietnamese food there!

For tourists note that the songtaew goes toward the restaurant on Beach road but returns to Patong on Rat Uthit road and only until 6 PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Wheres Blue Fin?

About half way along Thaina Rd, right side (from light), not far past Dr Cusak's surgery.

As good as any Mexican I've had in LOS. Margaritas good too. Night and day compared to the Coyote in Patong which was without a doubt the worst Mexican food experience I have ever had anywhere in the world.

As good as any Mexican I've had in LOS. Margaritas good too. Night and day compared to the Coyote in Patong which was without a doubt the worst Mexican food experience I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Completely agree.

There's a new Thai restaurant called "Tom Yam Talay" at the Fisherman's Way Park near Makro on Viset road. Very good menu, introduced me to "Khao Pad Tom Yum Gung" which is fried rice cooked in the Tom Yum (soup). Also try the Laab Nua (beef salad). I'd suggest you request that they serve everything "medium spicy" even if you usually can eat spicy food, it's extra spicy here.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to 'Bake' on Chao Fa just near Wat Chalong, remembered pretty quick why we stopped eating breky there, the food is crap, poached eggs were like water and served on some toasted brown bread that was saturated with water, 1 piece of bacon,

Also ordered a Lime soda,it never appeared but was on the bill,

Went to 'Bake' on Chao Fa just near Wat Chalong, remembered pretty quick why we stopped eating breky there, the food is crap, poached eggs were like water and served on some toasted brown bread that was saturated with water, 1 piece of bacon,

Also ordered a Lime soda,it never appeared but was on the bill,

Tried the Bake past Index on the bypass just the once. Ordered the Tag and cream sauce, delicious. Also order a glass of wine, which was nice, but not 250 baht nice when I read the bill. Never been back.