List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

There is a Thai restaurant (sorry don't know the name) which is excellent value and superb Thai food just opposite the entrance to Rawai Temple and Norbu's Steakhouse. Their Sweet and Sour Pork is fabulous.

Good breakfasts can be had at Laguna on Viset Road and Orchid Gardens (Saiyuan Road).

The Restaurant that really does it for me is The Fashion Cafe on Chaofa Road East, halfway between Phuket Town and Chalong Circle. Ambience is very relaxing (sofas, bookcases, good, quiet music). The food is very good, varied and reasonably priced. Also has a lovely Spa at the back if you want to get your hair done after.

• 2 weeks later...

Chalong.

Flintstones has been mentioned. The bread indeed is sometimes stale which is naughty, however they do bake freshly on the premises, so at certain times of the day it's very fresh. I think by late afternoon it may be stale because they dont use preservatives (?)

Anchor Inn (also been mentioned) on the chalong pier road next to sea bees dive shop. Thai food for mainly farang customers - but they do it how it should be done. Quick service, the kitchen is open, the prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. I eat there often and have never had a bad meal. Two of the waitresses are also exceptionally cute too. Other restaurants should take a leaf out of their book. (for taste, service, quality, price, quantity and cuteness of staff!)

Pizza place on Chalong Pier road. As you're heading down towards the pier, it's virtually the last restaurant on the right before you hit Kan Eang seafood, virtually opposite the 7/11. It's got a blue and yellow triangular pizza shaped sign outside. It's basic inside, with stone chippings on the floor and only about 6 tables. The Italian owner is so fierce that you feel he would stab you as soon as serve you. HOWEVER his pizzas are awesome and reasonably priced. I know it's all subjective, but i think his pizzas are the best on the island and shit all over M and M's in Rawai.

Bagels and Beyond closed down about 2 or 3 years ago at least.

Mr India - i found to be quite expensive. 30 baht for a popadom? You're 'avin a larf mate. Our 10 popadoms between 3 of us added 300 baht to the bill. Portions were a bit small for food too as i seem to remember.

The Family in Chalong moved 6 months or so ago. I actually think he picked the place up, put it on 4 samlors and reinstalled it in the new location because it's EXACTLY the same as before. Go south over Chalong circle towards Rawai. It's just before the 7/11 under the footbridge. Very extensive menu of Israeli/Mediterranean food plus some Thai. Quite reasonably priced. Decent service and good food. He is one of the few places that seem to be enforcing the no smoking rule 'inside' though he you can have a fag in the sala 'outside'. Good food and a Heineken at 60b nicely rounds things off. Phuket needn't be expensive!

Kan Eang at the pier. Ate there 4 times recently after the refurbishment. The setting is second to none, absolutely beautifully done. However, i dont know if they were having teething problems but 3 of the 4 times i had problems. The food was very average to poor. The service was a joke, though i wasnt laughing, and the bill was a work of fiction and had to be returned 6 (SIX) times. That's just not acceptable and i've voted with my feet. It may have changed, but i'd prefer to not bother. It's expensive too, but it's one heck of a location.

The Fashion Cafe/Perfection Spa that Tonyks mentioned. Only eaten there twice and the food is top notch. I'm really fussy about pasta - and theirs is spot on! Nice surroundings if you like antique/quaint/homely kinda stuff. Give it a try

Jimmy's Lighthouse. On the beach front at Chalong - you cant miss it, it's got a big light on the top! I only have breakfast in there which is nice. It's got a lovely 'Colonial' feel about the place, huge, breezy open windows, substantial chairs and tables. One cute waitress too. Offers free wi-fi which means you can get a few grizzled old ex-pats in there hogging the bar and tables whilst nursing a Liptons Yellow Label and surfing the net for hours. Reasonably priced and a good view once the speedboats have departed. Free newspapers and magazines too. Always seems busy at night but i've never eaten there after dark.

Edited by markg

Chalong.

Jimmy's Lighthouse. On the beach front at Chalong - you cant miss it, it's got a big light on the top!

Not "Jimmy's" Lighthouse anymore, he sold it a while back.

Just The Lighthouse now, if you need a name the owners name is Aurra......so I guess it would be Aurra's Lighthouse (maybe not the same kinda ring though :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, the Italian restaurant near Robinson's is La Gaetana and is really, really good. Another great Italian is Capanina in Kata. Would not recommend Mr India in Chalong at the moment, the curries have deteriated, I think the chef left them. Also Mando's in Rawai Beach is certainly worth a mention.

Mom Tri's Kitchen Kata Noi, hands down best in Phuket for quality of food, ambiance and service. They also have a spectacular wine list. Expensive but worth the experience.

I agree, but with an average price of 1.500/2.000 baht without wine, good quality and ambiance/service is the minimum that you expect...

• 2 weeks later...

Today I eat dinner in Kata, Steak House COFFEPOT Kata centre Thaina Rd.. .

Restaurant: Table with plastic cover, toys and rubbish in the corner.

Service: unfriendly

Food: Tenderloin, potato, salad, small Singha: 900 Baht!

Overpriced and bad quality (like local Beef).

Here I’m eat two times: first and last time

For good Steaks: Karon-Café, Norbus (if open), Djbuk (Lamp), Aroi-Corner (if Boss present), K-Hotel

Pizza, Pasta: Capannina

There’s an exceptional, relatively new, little restaurant in Rawai/Sai Yuan on the soi with the boxing gym on it. It’s called “Cashew Nut’s Food” [sic]… Don’t ask!!

Nice atmosphere – very friendly staff – great Thai food (haven’t sampled the farang menu) – very clean. My Thai girlfriend says the Pad Thai is just about the best she’s ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Sanook

German style food, huge portions, good quality, not too expensive, just past "Land & House" housing estate on the right (resturant looks like a boat)

I'm not sure if this was the old name but it is now called "FATTY'S". It is run by JP who also ran the world famous "FATTY'S" on Phi Phi Island prior to the Tsunami, which decimated his restaurant. It is by far the best value for money restaurant in Phuket with the tastiest food and the only downside is the calorie count, hence the name of the restaurant. JP and his wife Bae are amongst the nicest people you could find and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who appreciates good food. :o

• 3 weeks later...
We have become big fans of 'Black Cat' 100ms from Chentelay police station. Lovely food, and the waiter, or bar manager is really good and nice!

The Black Cat is one of my favourites too, along with the Italian in that little stretch before Laguna (can never remember its name). Also a big fan of Dibuk in Phuket Town.

I've just come across this list and it really does have some great recommendations.

I just want to add one more:

Foccacia Pizzeria on the Chalong pier road. It's by far the best pizza I've had in all of S.E. Asia. He also makes fresh buccotini and other types of pastas My friends and I call it grumpy pizza, because the owner is an angry Italian man. However, he does make sure to check up on you every so often to make sure you're enjoying your meal, even if he is a bit harsh. However, he warms up at the end of the meal and gives a smile which looks like it might hurt, but still makes me feel warm inside!

Try this place out people, the food is so good it makes me want to cry tears of joy!!!

I've just come across this list and it really does have some great recommendations.

I just want to add one more:

Foccacia Pizzeria on the Chalong pier road. It's by far the best pizza I've had in all of S.E. Asia. He also makes fresh buccotini and other types of pastas My friends and I call it grumpy pizza, because the owner is an angry Italian man. However, he does make sure to check up on you every so often to make sure you're enjoying your meal, even if he is a bit harsh. However, he warms up at the end of the meal and gives a smile which looks like it might hurt, but still makes me feel warm inside!

Try this place out people, the food is so good it makes me want to cry tears of joy!!!

Yes Yes. Do i know you? We also call it grumpy pizza!

His pizza's are sooooooooooo good.

Now then, some bad news............this might be his last year in business. Last week in there he really opened up to us (only been going in there about 3 years!) and said he just doesnt make enough money and the rent is going up etc. I love it when he gets angry (often) and excited as he intersperses his rants with Italian, "the renta his going up, porca mizeria, and i go a back to milan, ah! va fanculo, "

It would be a CRYING SHAME if a restaurant selling really good food were to go out of business.

Please check this place out.

Just to refresh, its almost opposite the 7/11 on the Chalong Pier road. Its a very small place with a fierce Italian man in there!

MASSIVE thin pizza for about 200 baht.

Service with a smile, extra!

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to Orchid Gardens (Off Sai Yuan road) the other day for breakfast and I have to say that it was awesome. I was really pleasantly surprised. HUGE breakfast for 99 Baht, 2 proper english sausages, real back bacon, not the stringy stuff you normally get, and eggs, baked beans with bread and butter. You can have black pudding too if you like that sort of thing. Also had an option for 'Fat Bastardos' but that was gut bustingly huge!

Lovely surroundngs too. Recommend you check it out.

Well, Have to throw a few of my favorite restraunts out there.

Coffee Pot - Kata . it was already mentioned, but worth mentioning again, has to be the best steak on the island.

Come Inn Bar - Rawai Beach Rd. - Bit of a sleeper, but has a good breakfast, and great fish and chips.

Idian Cuisine - Rawai Beach Rd - Right beside come inn bar, Much better then Mr. idian, and much cheaper. try it!

Checked yesterday, Family restaurant did move, is now on the same road after the post office on the left hand side (direction Rawai).

The Family is always good was there last night and love that spicy sauce! Now fully enclosed with a/c next to the Tesco Lotus.

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of Thai food, burgers, pizzas, steaks and fish and chips provided by various people but no mention of a Chinese restaurant. Does anyone know where there is a decent one? Could only find 'snack' type ones in Chinatown. Long time without Peking duck. Also appreciate info as to the whereabouts of a good Greek restaurant

• 2 weeks later...
Plenty of Thai food, burgers, pizzas, steaks and fish and chips provided by various people but no mention of a Chinese restaurant. Does anyone know where there is a decent one? Could only find 'snack' type ones in Chinatown. Long time without Peking duck. Also appreciate info as to the whereabouts of a good Greek restaurant

Surprised to get no answers at all! Assume that there are no Chinese or Greek restaurants among the thousands in Phuket

If you want to get away and eat a lovely meal at a low price in exquisite surroundings try the Peang Phai restaurant by the side of the lake at Bang Pae waterfall

• 3 weeks later...
Surprised to get no answers at all! Assume that there are no Chinese or Greek restaurants among the thousands in Phuket

If you want to get away and eat a lovely meal at a low price in exquisite surroundings try the Peang Phai restaurant by the side of the lake at Bang Pae waterfall

Chinese restaurants at

The Royal paradise Hotel, Patong, costly but good

Peking House, near Bangkok bank, Phuket town, cheap and good

MC

• 4 weeks later...

What about best Chicken Rice, Roast Pork Leg, Red Pork and Crispy Pork in Patong?

I vote for Nong Pohrn's at the Lotus Guest House. South end Nai Nai road about 50 meters north of where Ha-Sip Pee road comes back down. Next to the TungTong Mansion. That girl knows what she's doing.

Briley Restaurant at Talad Arun Som is good too...Representatives of the local constabulary are frequent customers and its always packed.

Gotta get there early though...by 2pm its pretty much over and done with.