List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

I just received an email saying Fashion Cafe (Chai Fa East) has had to close down although Perfection Spa will remain open. I used to enjoy eggs benedict (I don't know where I can get this now in Chalong area) & apart from the unique version of hot chocolate at Les Anges the one at Fashion was simply far & away the best.

I just received an email saying Fashion Cafe (Chai Fa East) has had to close down although Perfection Spa will remain open. I used to enjoy eggs benedict (I don't know where I can get this now in Chalong area) & apart from the unique version of hot chocolate at Les Anges the one at Fashion was simply far & away the best.

Karon Cafe has delicious egg benedict in the 150 baht buffet breakfast.

That's a real shame Valentine. The guy tried so hard too. It's such a terrible shame when a restaurant selling good food closes for whatever reason. Is it a permanent closure? Wonder what he will do with the restaurant space?

anyone know of a place that serves a sunday carvery close to chalong??

As has been mentioned on another thread somewhere, Happy Days on the left hand side on the road going to the pier is excellent value at 300 Bt. Fromm 2 o clock onwards. Roast beef, pork, or, chicken, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatos, mash, mixed veg, gravy and coffee. Horseradish or, Dijon mustard.

That's a real shame Valentine. The guy tried so hard too. It's such a terrible shame when a restaurant selling good food closes for whatever reason. Is it a permanent closure? Wonder what he will do with the restaurant space?

He closed as revenue continued to go down & is unsure of future plans although open to any ideas. He did try hard , the food was good & the staff were really nice.

Edited by Valentine

A Few of my favourites for a neewbie in town.....

Ellis a small Italian in Naiharn area.......its in the back of beyond and you have to follow the signs dotted around the area ( im new to the area and not even going to attempt to give directions). An old Italian couple have it and its the best pizza in the area......proper traditional Italian food. Basically its a few tables in front of their terrace cottage. Ambience is'nt great but food is good and its well cheap.

Morning Coffee in Naiharn village on the main drag good food both Thai and Western and at a good price.

As has been mentioned on another thread somewhere, Happy Days on the left hand side on the road going to the pier is excellent value at 300 Bt. Fromm 2 o clock onwards. Roast beef, pork, or, chicken, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatos, mash, mixed veg, gravy and coffee. Horseradish or, Dijon mustard.

Thanks for that,i will be trying out there sunday roasts, for sure,, it must be better than the GM,, :)

you see i do like BIG portions,, coz i trying to put wheight on,,lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DaVinci in Nai Harn is worth a mention, my favourite restaurant down the South of the island.
Had a take away pizza there a few days ago, thought I'd give it a go but normally go to M&M.

I was left standing while waiting, nobody told me where to sit down, I was shown a menu but when the bill came it became clear that the VAT was not included in the menu prices (I don't like the menus without VAT and/or service charge). All minor, but showing a lack of interest in the guest.

Most importantly: the pizza bottom was like cardboard, and the rest of the pizza was awful, the cheese e.g. tasted like ansjovis (maybe done with the same spoon).

Never again.

If you liked the ribs of old at Don's cafe, I recommend trying a new place, especially since Don's is going away. Ricky Zen put in a BBQ at his new Rick'N Roll Music Cafe and last night I tried the ribs and wholly cow was it good! Dripping off the bone adn the sauce was delish. Quite a nice vibe with some good live music and pool table. Most nights he is up there entertaining as well.

RickNRoll's Music cafe is on Kata new road between Club Med and The Beach Center.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News !

Grumpy's pizza has reopened !

grumpy's (actually called La Calamita) is on Chalong Pier Road. As you drive towards the pier, its on your right just before the 7/11 (which is on the left)

He has been away in Italy sorting out a few things, but we ate a delicious hand crafted large pizza tonight for 200 baht. And he is grumpier than ever which is a bonus.

Check it out. It's one of the best pizzas in Phuket in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

Don who is actually a rocket scientist, is throwing in the towel, or should I say slowing a bit, shame lovely man, a pioneer in Naiharn,

Mimis is nearly a shop house, Hen Chef opp' is good & cheap.

Recommend Da Vinci expensive but delux, also Magie & Marios pizza near Rawai turn off, Nee just around the corner good, Lagoon res'

down towards the lagoon also good & cheap, further down near the lagoon best mexican & margaritas, best poached eggs at coconut

next to the yacht club,yacht club also has buffet breakfast on the terrace.

Fish & chips at Lan Yai Ma near Kiwi bar 95 bt good, on the road to Rawai, the Islander down the hill has great roasts cooked by poms.

• 2 weeks later...
I've checked back on this post a couple times and gone out to try these restaurants for myself, not a bad list I must say.. Except for one thing, I am amazed you have all missed Big Mike's just off of chalong circle on the way to Kata. burgers are excellent, by far the closest you will get to home. The chili dog and onion rings are reason enough to make the trip to chalong no matter where u stay in phuket. I eat there atleast 3 times a week(which could explain the 3 kilos ive put on since discovering this hidden gem) i would definitly go check the place out. the owner is a nice young canadian kid who just loved thailand so much he didnt want to go home, hes doin a great job running it.. Tell him Rob sent you, maybe ull get a discount. :)

And grab a milkshake to go.

Big Mike's has changed owners. It's now called Steveo's and it's run by any American guy named Steve. I tried it for the first time today and the burger was home made and very good. It's worth trying if you're a burger lover.

I went to Bake the other day, aka Belgian Bakery opposite Wat Chalong, & had my favourite ham & egg sandwich which is still good but pricier. It was not a cosy atmosphere as in the old shop & felt quite sterile. There is garden seating. Cake display did not look as enticing as before.

I went to Bake the other day, aka Belgian Bakery opposite Wat Chalong, & had my favourite ham & egg sandwich which is still good but pricier. It was not a cosy atmosphere as in the old shop & felt quite sterile. There is garden seating. Cake display did not look as enticing as before.

Agree with you.

They want to look very trendy & cool.....

Gerd

The old place was IMO excellent but pricey. Still, worth to go there once in a while for something different.

Do I understand correctly that you thought it less good and more expensive?

The old place was IMO excellent but pricey. Still, worth to go there once in a while for something different.

Do I understand correctly that you thought it less good and more expensive?

The sandwich I ordered was 200 Baht compared to 160 in the old shop. As Gerd said "the ambience sucks".

• 2 weeks later...

Rum Jungle in Rawai across from Ayuthaya Bank gets the thumbs up on really tasty food. Family ate there a couple of nights ago and we had a really nice seafood pasta dish and a couple of very tender New Zealand steaks with a pepper sauce and a gorgonzola sauce. Highly recommended, but beware you'll pay for the quality, but it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently tried 'La Chaumiere' in Rawai... delicious! I can't believe I have never been there before having lived in the area for sometime now but shall make it a regular from now on.

The quiche starter, in particular, was fantastic with the quiche pastry being crispy & the filling smooth & rich.

My boyfriend tried the duck breast and I had the poulet chasseure dish. Both sauces were amazing using lots of fresh herbs. We both had mashed potato, huge! portion... next time I'll just share his portion of mash!

I've heard that they do a couscous night as well. Can anybody give their opinion on this and what night is that held on?

Samkhong Steak at Home Pro Village is OK for reasonably priced English food. You have to walk around the kiosk to view the menu though until they get menus printed. Pleasant dining in an outdoor setting.

Yes, same owner as the original Steak50 on Samkong Rd. We have been eating there since he opened in Phuket Town about 10+ years and offers good value for money & service. I noticed his new place in HomePro last week. Kitchen looks a bit small to prepare food, but I'll try it out soon.

Update - Just back from lunch at Samkong Steak HomePro Village. Limited menu, no Thai food. We had the fish steak at 79 baht. Very fresh piece of fish, chips, and salad. Very very nice and very good service from the Thai manager who is just back from working in the US (cruise ships) and knows all about service.

Samkhong Steak at Home Pro Village is OK for reasonably priced English food. You have to walk around the kiosk to view the menu though until they get menus printed. Pleasant dining in an outdoor setting.

Yes, same owner as the original Steak50 on Samkong Rd. We have been eating there since he opened in Phuket Town about 10+ years and offers good value for money & service. I noticed his new place in HomePro last week. Kitchen looks a bit small to prepare food, but I'll try it out soon.

Update - Just back from lunch at Samkong Steak HomePro Village. Limited menu, no Thai food. We had the fish steak at 79 baht. Very fresh piece of fish, chips, and salad. Very very nice and very good service from the Thai manager who is just back from working in the US (cruise ships) and knows all about service.

is this the one at villa you are talking about with the tiny kiosk ??