List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Went and had a pizza at a place called Aglis something, or other. It's just a few shops down from Pizza 2000 in Chalong.

The place was totally packed with customers whilst Pizza 2000 was empty.

I have already tried Pizza 2000, but, they pissed me off by drizzling olive oil all over my salami pizza without asking me.

Looking at the crowd, I had high hopes for this place.

The pizza I got looked huge, but was incredibly thin. The cheese and salami was very sparse. I didn't even get a slice of salami for each slice of pizza.

A very average pizza. I don't see the attraction, they're not exactly budget prices.

The two cooks are white fellas.

Edited by KarenBravo

Went and had a pizza at a place called Aglis something, or other. It's just a few shops down from Pizza 2000 in Chalong.

I have already tried Pizza 2000, but, they pissed me off by drizzling olive oil all over my salami pizza without asking me.

The pizza I got looked huge, but was incredibly thin. The cheese and salami was very sparse. I didn't even get a slice of salami for each slice of pizza.

A very average pizza. I don't see the attraction, they're not exactly budget prices.

If you like salami pizzas, I would recommend those at Falang Paradise in Chalong, though unfortunately they're only available on Friday nights unless you phone a couple of hours beforehand and order for either eat in or takeaway. I think they're 12" size, and around the 180 baht mark:

post-62520-0-97065200-1380358634_thumb.j

That looks excellent. Unfortunately, I'm still in the process of actually finding the restaurant.

I've got the right soi, and I branch left as per the sign, but, I didn't find the place.

I always do take-away. I usually order a pizza to be ready two to three hours ahead, so I can pick it up on the way home after an evening out.

Aagggghhhhh.............just expanded the picture and saw pineapple together with salami on a pizza! Sacrilege!

When I finally find the place, I'll give my usual order: salami, onion, green-pepper and olives.

Edited by KarenBravo

That looks excellent. Unfortunately, I'm still in the process of actually finding the restaurant.

I've got the right soi, and I branch left as per the sign, but, I didn't find the place.

I always do take-away. I usually order a pizza to be ready two to three hours ahead, so I can pick it up on the way home after an evening out.

Aagggghhhhh.............just expanded the picture and saw pineapple together with salami on a pizza! Sacrilege!

When I finally find the place, I'll give my usual order: salami, onion, green-pepper and olives.

The normal salami is sin pineapple for sure, and you can tailor it with whatever you want.

Re directions, around 200 metres or so south of the entrance to the 'new, huge' Tesco, and on the same side, and there's a new signpost on the soi entrance. Keep going circa 400 metres and left into a small soi.

Went last night and had the breaded fish 'n' chips. Not bad, not bad at all. The fish was massive and I couldn't finish it.

Open every day except Monday. Close around eight thirty in the evening.

I prefer the battered fish with wedges which are actually large home made chips but at 170 Baht is good value. Looks like they do a good breakfast there too but have not tried it yet.

Edited by Valentine

Went to Tandoori Nights Indian restaurant at Fisherman's Way business centre.

Thought the food was excellent. Almost the best Indian food I've had on the island.

Not particularly cheap, 200 Bt a curry, but, in this case, you get what you pay for. Also very good selection of flat breads.

Can recommend the chicken rogan josh and the mango lassi was delicious.

Worth a visit for any curry aficionados.

Beer battered fish & chips at the Slug and Lettuce Thalang. The piece of fish covers the whole plate literally, huge! One would think that it would be hard to get a consistantly cooked batter on this would they not? Wow! Blew me away, just as good as anything by the beach in Australia! Crispy, light, fan-bloody-tastic! 140THB, well worth every cent.

Thought the food was excellent. Almost the best Indian food I've had on the island.

Not particularly cheap, 200 Bt a curry, but, in this case, you get what you pay for. Also very good selection of flat breads.

Tried it yesterday with a reluctant partner but she & I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Extensive menu, staff maybe fresh from up country as at one stage they were all standing there watching us eat, something I have not noticed for a long time. Yesterday morning I thought I saw another Tandoori Nights on Sai Yuan.

If you like salami pizzas, I would recommend those at Falang Paradise in Chalong, though unfortunately they're only available on Friday nights unless you phone a couple of hours beforehand and order for either eat in or takeaway. I think they're 12" size, and around the 180 baht mark:

The name of the place is called "Agli Amici" .

The two white fellas are Italian.

They can cook. #3 of 26 restaurants in Chalong. Trip advisor.

I like thin Pizza.

If you like thick Pizza you should maybe try the Pizza Connection. They even put pineapple an it.

De gustibus non est disputandum!

Not exactly haute cuisine but Steve, the former cook at the Ship in Kata and a couple of places prior to that, now has his own place next to Harry's in Karon.

Steve's Cafe sells typically English cafe style food. Prices are OK and the portions are large. I haven't tried the Sunday roast but I have had a couple of people recommending it.

Ubon Vietnam Food on Soi Saiyuan in Nai Harn has quickly become a favorite. I wouldn't honestly classify the dishes as Vietnamese, perhaps Issan food with a twist, but the ingredients are fresh, the prices cheap & all of the ladies who work there are really friendly. I recommend their fresh spring rolls and the fried som tam.

• Like 1

Speaking of Indian, I tried the new Bistro India in Phuket Town last night. It's next to Salvatore's & Anna's Cafe, and across from The Brasserie. Although not particularly cheap, the food was good and the menu extensive. Not quite sure if I'd list it as a favorite right off the bat, but I'll definitely go back. Another option for those looking for a good Indian meal. I recommend the chana masala with spinach, and for those interested, there was a decent selection of appetizers & flat breads.

Directions? smile.png

Sorry mate been OS for a week. I see someone else posted directions. A couple of English guys I know here reccomend the Sunday roast. Havn't been yet, Sunday is all to near, will give it a try this weekend.

Speaking of Indian, I tried the new Bistro India in Phuket Town last night. It's next to Salvatore's & Anna's Cafe, and across from The Brasserie. Although not particularly cheap, the food was good and the menu extensive. Not quite sure if I'd list it as a favorite right off the bat, but I'll definitely go back. Another option for those looking for a good Indian meal. I recommend the chana masala with spinach, and for those interested, there was a decent selection of appetizers & flat breads.

i tried that place 2 days ago, amaaaazing lamb but expensive and small portions , the menu they using are from restaurant in kata/karon no way that place will survive in phuket town! locals sexpats and thais will not come for sure..

had 3 starters (bread) 4 main dishes and water/soda 1800bath..

someone should send a message to the owner and tell him that price work in the tourist-ghetto but not in phuket town!

M&M's has always been my first choice for pizza in Rawai/Naiharn area. Another EXCELLENT restaurant is the beach one on Ya Nui beach.

Try the chicken cashews... oh my goodness. They have a large restaurant accross the road and bring the food over to the beach, and it is really top quality food in a great location. you wouldn't think it'd be so nice as it looks like just a beach shack and the menu looks a bit pants.

Another amazing place I found last week was Raw Cafe on Wiset Road on corner of soi Mangosteen. Didn't think I would be into Raw Food but a friend showed me and the flavours were incredible. I had a raw lasagna which was better than any lasagna I've ever had! And then had a chocolate cheesecake for dessert! I was a bit confused as to how they made a raw chocolate cheesecake from all natural uncooked ingredients and still made it taste excellent. It's still a bit of a mystery.

Actually, the Raw place probably deserves a thread of its own. maybe i'll start one

M&M's has always been my first choice for pizza in Rawai/Naiharn area. Another EXCELLENT restaurant is the beach one on Ya Nui beach.

Try the chicken cashews... oh my goodness. They have a large restaurant accross the road and bring the food over to the beach, and it is really top quality food in a great location. you wouldn't think it'd be so nice as it looks like just a beach shack and the menu looks a bit pants.

Another amazing place I found last week was Raw Cafe on Wiset Road on corner of soi Mangosteen. Didn't think I would be into Raw Food but a friend showed me and the flavours were incredible. I had a raw lasagna which was better than any lasagna I've ever had! And then had a chocolate cheesecake for dessert! I was a bit confused as to how they made a raw chocolate cheesecake from all natural uncooked ingredients and still made it taste excellent. It's still a bit of a mystery.

Actually, the Raw place probably deserves a thread of its own. maybe i'll start on

Yes, ran into Anna from Atsumi Healing a couple months back, thats her place The Raw Cafe. Quite a great lady, I'm still blown away by John's passing, he was a character, anyway....

Did make it to Farang Paradise for the fish and chips yesterday. Quite good and heaping plate for 180thb thats for sure! Going from Chalong to Central left hander after the Big Buddha turnoff, look for the yellow sign.

stuckinphuket, (although I hope you don't really feel that way) from your Yannui Beach restaurant take the road toward Rawai Beach and just before the end that meets the Orbitor rd. intersection,righthandside, stop in at Kates. Quite good Thai food as well as western, reasonably priced, also has good breakfasts.

• Like 2

Actually, the Raw place probably deserves a thread of its own. maybe i'll start on

Yes, ran into Anna from Atsumi Healing a couple months back, thats her place The Raw Cafe. Quite a great lady, I'm still blown away by John's passing, he was a character, anyway....

Did make it to Farang Paradise for the fish and chips yesterday. Quite good and heaping plate for 180thb thats for sure! Going from Chalong to Central left hander after the Big Buddha turnoff, look for the yellow sign.

stuckinphuket, (although I hope you don't really feel that way) from your Yannui Beach restaurant take the road toward Rawai Beach and just before the end that meets the Orbitor rd. intersection,righthandside, stop in at Kates. Quite good Thai food as well as western, reasonably priced, also has good breakfasts.

And now Kates has free wifi as well....see ya there

• Like 1

The name of the place is called "Agli Amici" .

The two white fellas are Italian.

They can cook. #3 of 26 restaurants in Chalong. Trip advisor.

I like thin Pizza.

If you like thick Pizza you should maybe try the Pizza Connection. They even put pineapple an it.

De gustibus non est disputandum!

I went to Agli Amici on Tuesday night; first time I'd ever been. The place was completely packed and remained that way until I left. The wait staff, although super busy, were attentive and friendly. The menu is extensive ... the pizza I ordered was huge, and opposite to the experience posted above, the toppings were plentiful. The pizza was great, and I will definitely go back.

"Not exactly budget prices" is mentioned above - the prices of Agli Amici are on par with M&M's, Modena and Cappanina's. For Italian food, in my opinion, Agli Amici isn't expensive.