Cng(ngv) Or Lpg?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not read of any subsidies towards NGV, unless there is?

YEs there is!

Real price of NGV is around 14 Baht/kg, so there currently is about 5-6 Baht subsidy...

Source:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/040708_Business...l2008_biz01.php

thanks for pointing that out Monty. I was in the impression that NGV was not being subsidised since there is not much talk about it. At least CNG is more stable since its not traded on the futures markets.

I have not read of any subsidies towards NGV, unless there is? Or am i missing some piece of information here. Can someone with more information shed some light on this?? It is however anticipated the the price of NGV shall rise by 50% in the year 2010 as quoted by a Bangkok Post Motoring journalist in today's Bangkok Post ie: 7th July.

Also what gives a whopping 17+kml?

The Thai government are pushing NGV because they have gas fields and will be self sufficient in the supply but are still subsidising it to encourage people to convert.

They were an exporter of LPG but as they fixed the domestic price at $320 a tonne people started converting their cars to run on LPG and the demand became so great that they had to IMPORT LPG at the world market rate of $900 a tonne.

Buying at 900 and selling at 320 makes Mr. McCawber a very unhappy chappy so they removed the subsidy.

They are also an importer of petrol.

Also what gives a whopping 17+kml? Answer a petrol driven Toyota Vios.

Being self sufficient is soooo important during these days isnt it? thanks for the info !

I sense the return of the 1.3 liter & 1.5 liter engines & manual transmissions.

Have they ever gone away? My new Vios is 1.5 litre engine and manual transmission.

I would always opt for a manual transmission for anything at 1.5 or lower.

YEs there is!

Real price of NGV is around 14 Baht/kg, so there currently is about 5-6 Baht subsidy...

Source:

thanks for pointing that out Monty. I was in the impression that NGV was not being subsidised since there is not much talk about it. At least CNG is more stable since its not traded on the futures markets.

I have not read of any subsidies towards NGV, unless there is? Or am i missing some piece of information here. Can someone with more information shed some light on this?? It is however anticipated the the price of NGV shall rise by 50% in the year 2010 as quoted by a Bangkok Post Motoring journalist in today's Bangkok Post ie: 7th July.

The Thai government are pushing NGV because they have gas fields and will be self sufficient in the supply but are still subsidising it to encourage people to convert.

They were an exporter of LPG but as they fixed the domestic price at $320 a tonne people started converting their cars to run on LPG and the demand became so great that they had to IMPORT LPG at the world market rate of $900 a tonne.

Buying at 900 and selling at 320 makes Mr. McCawber a very unhappy chappy so they removed the subsidy.

Being self sufficient is soooo important during these days isnt it? thanks for the info !

Have they ever gone away? My new Vios is 1.5 litre engine and manual transmission.

YEs there is!

Source:

NGV IS CNG, SAME SAME, NGv refers to thailands Natural gas vehicle, CNG is compressed natural gas. On that subject again thailand does not now nor will have in the future, sufficent reserves of CNG. They are buying from Burma and will get it whre they can. they are so retarded on this issue as on most that require a stable government and common sense