Pattay Beach - Open Sewer?

BugJackBaron

Wow wow wow. I coudnt believe my nose walking down Pattaya beach

in the last few days. In font of the new Mall being built the smell was like,

er, shit! Is this a seasonal thing? This is my first time in P during the low season

but can't recall it smelling like this last Xmas.

Maybe the mayor should invest less in new malls and more on upgraded

treatment plants?

I have absolutely no idea why so many whingers (I like that word) would want to stay in a shithole like Pattaya or even Thailand for that matter. It would be much more pleasant for those of us who happen to like Pattaya and Thailand if the moaners just went back home to their wonderful countries.

I have absolutely no idea why so many whingers (I like that word) would want to stay in a shithole like Pattaya or even Thailand for that matter. It would be much more pleasant for those of us who happen to like Pattaya and Thailand if the moaners just went back home to their wonderful countries.

I like Pattaya and like to moan too. Is that a paradox?

Ever heard of "constructive criticism"? It's a constructive thing.

As for Canada being wonderful. Yes , but only if you are rich.(check housing prices these days)

I like Pattaya and like to moan too. Is that a paradox?

Ever heard of "constructive criticism"? It's a constructive thing.

As for Canada being wonderful. Yes , but only if you are rich.(check housing prices these days)

Someone else apparently doesn't like Pattaya.

Quote - What do you expect a shit-house to smell like?

i saw somebody mentioned canada on this post.then we saw shithole refered to as pattaya.seems to me that toronto is just as much as a shithole with some of the worst racism i have ever seen worldwide,and there are slum areas too.

mmmmmmmmm sounds like pattaya doesnt it lol

I love Thailand

Do you? Love is a very strong emotion, e.g. I love my wife, I love my family, I love my life.

Unless you are Thai (and if you are, I apologise for the following), I think you are full of sh*t like the sewers that the OP is moaning about.

Bloody noobs!

I like Thailand a lot and I also like Pattaya just the way it is. Those that discover that it isn't quite the tropical paradise it appeared to be in the brochures or on their infrequent vacations here, sorry you didn't pay attention now that we are asking questions about what you really love.

I love Thailand

Do you? Love is a very strong emotion, e.g. I love my wife, I love my family, I love my life.

Unless you are Thai (and if you are, I apologise for the following), I think you are full of sh*t like the sewers that the OP is moaning about.

Bloody noobs!

I like Thailand a lot and I also like Pattaya just the way it is. Those that discover that it isn't quite the tropical paradise it appeared to be in the brochures or on their infrequent vacations here, sorry you didn't pay attention now that we are asking questions about what you really love.

Correction:-

I love coming to Thailand. I really, really like the place, the people, the culture, the food.

Pattaya is still a shit hole and please refrain from personal insults.

What do you expect a shit-house to smell like?

This was not meant as a disparaging remark. I've been in many shit-houses in my life. Pattaya just happened to be one of them, and, I'm glad someone said something about the moaning thing. I only moan when asked for money.

What's a whinger anyway? Serious.

Edited by Shotime

Pattaya per se is not a shithole. fact however is that thousands of "shitholes" (Thais and Farangs) are on the loose in Pattaya trying hard to convert the city into a shithole :o

What's a whinger anyway? Serious.

A whinger is one wot whinges (like the OP). Serious.

and then there are the whiners. unlike me (who loves wining) they prefer whining to wining :o

Pattaya per se is not a shithole. fact however is that thousands of "shitholes" (Thais and Farangs) are on the loose in Pattaya trying hard to convert the city into a shithole :o

Moment, I have tears in my eyes. OK. I wanted to say They're doing a pretty good job.

I do agree with the OP, sewage treatment plants in Thailand would be a wonderful idea. The smell upon your entrance to Walking street can be somewhat intense.

I did see Canada mentioned here and I have to hang my head in shame. Since Victoria BC, one of the more affluent cities in Canada, per capita anyways, basically just has an open sewer as well. The only difference is, they have a longer pipe and dump all there raw, untreated sewage out in the middle of the Straight of Georgia.

So if Victoria can’t do it with all the money they have I don’t think Pattaya can afford a suitable solution. Unless they start taxing the ladies perhaps. Would be funny actually to get a receipt with VAT added to it.

The brochures don't mention that beach road smells and looks like a Shithole? I think City Hall needs a new Marketing Director.

I think they should include the disgusting sights and smells in the new scratch n sniff advertising campaign. The truth hurts. Some people may actually enjoy true advertising. Hotel bookings may even soar with such honesty.

Headlines for new marketing ads:

Welcome to Poo Poo Paradise!

Pattaya, The Proud Toilet of Thailand!

If you are looking for Shit, We HAVE IT.

Take a romantic stroll down our disgusting beach and enjoy the dangers, criminals, trash and shit smells during your honeymoon.

Family Holiday Destination in hel_l

I do agree with the OP, sewage treatment plants in Thailand would be a wonderful idea. The smell upon your entrance to Walking street can be somewhat intense.

That would be the sewage treatment plant at the entrance that you are smellling.

I did see Canada mentioned here and I have to hang my head in shame. Since Victoria BC, one of the more affluent cities in Canada, per capita anyways, basically just has an open sewer as well. The only difference is, they have a longer pipe and dump all there raw, untreated sewage out in the middle of the Straight of Georgia.

Would it be correct to say then, that like Pattaya, Victoria BC is one of the more effluent cities?

So if Victoria can’t do it with all the money they have I don’t think Pattaya can afford a suitable solution. Unless they start taxing the ladies perhaps. Would be funny actually to get a receipt with VAT added to it.

Not such a far-fetched idea. If they can charge customers in Texas strip clubs a surtax that goes to rape relief and battered wives, I reckon them what frequents with the working girls should chip in as well. Reasoning? I stayed at the Dynasty on Soi 13 a couple of years back and twice saw the poor bellhops out with bamboo poles, trying to unblock the drain right outside their front door. The tank was chock-full of condoms and the poor buggers were trying to poke holes in them so they would sink and float away.

Edited by NanLaew

That would be the sewage treatment plant at the entrance that you are smellling.

Would it be correct to say then, that like Pattaya, Victoria BC is one of the more effluent cities?

Not such a far-fetched idea. If they can charge customers in Texas strip clubs a surtax that goes to rape relief and battered wives, I reckon them what frequents with the working girls should chip in as well. Reasoning? I stayed at the Dynasty on Soi 13 a couple of years back and twice saw the poor bellhops out with bamboo poles, trying to unblock the drain right outside their front door. The tank was chock-full of condoms and the poor buggers were trying to poke holes in them so they would sink and float away.

Well I know I'm never complaining about my job again

Actually no smell in Victoria, they pump it out a mile or so and release it several hundred feet down. Washes up down south of the border.

The problem in Pattaya is somewhat easy to address: A sewage treatment plant that can handle the waste produced in the area. This would require additional capital outlays which would most likely be raised through property tax assessments.

Question; Who do you think would lead the hue and cry that would rumble through the land when it was proposed that additional taxes be collected for the building of such a facility.