2 1/2 Visa Pages Left On Passport..

Hi ,

I will be going to vientiane soon to get a non-imm b visa. I have 2-3 visa pages left on my passport. Should that be enough? 1 page for lao visa, 1 page for non-imm b visa and some space elsewhere for stamps.. Or is there a law that stipulates that one needs to have at least a couple blanc visa pages in order to get a non B.

Hi ,

I will be going to vientiane soon to get a non-imm b visa. I have 2-3 visa pages left on my passport. Should that be enough? 1 page for lao visa, 1 page for non-imm b visa and some space elsewhere for stamps.. Or is there a law that stipulates that one needs to have at least a couple blanc visa pages in order to get a non B.

Not sure where you are from, but at the US embassey it takes about 30min. for additional papes and is free...

Hi ,

Not sure where you are from, but at the US embassey it takes about 30min. for additional papes and is free...

Is that right? I'm a US citizen. Where is it located?

Thanks

One word of advice, watch out for where the cheese at immigration on your way out of Thailand stick the exit stamp as they are likely maybe to stick it right in the middle of one of your empty pages.

That is a bit unlikely. Thai Immigration normally put the departure stamp adjacent to the arrival stamp.

Hours of Operation

The American Citizen Services unit is open to the public Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., except Thai and American holidays. (In addition, the consular section is closed to the public on the last Friday of every month.) Be sure to bring your passport for identification when you come. For general recorded information, please call (02) 205-4005. The ACS unit's fax number is (02) 205-4103, and the e-mail address is [email protected].

map.gif

One word of advice, watch out for where the cheese at immigration on your way out of Thailand stick the exit stamp as they are likely maybe to stick it right in the middle of one of your empty pages.

Last time I was down to one blank page in my passport and I was on the way to get a new Non Immigrant B in Malaysia I used 4 paper clips to fasten two adjacent pages together and 'hide' the blank page.

My theory was that the time it would take for the immigration official to get the clips off would allow me time to plead for that page to kept blank for a new visa before it was stamped.

It worked for me that time as the officer did not even remove the paper clips. This 'method' assumes that your current entry stamp is else where in the passport and you have space nearby for at least a couple more.

Edited by digitalchromakey

I don't find this so much of a problem in Thailand, my pet peeve is when I return through US immigration where the immigration guy seems to go out of his way to find a "fresh new page" to place the stamp. When I was down to a couple blank pages I stapled a "sticky note" on each page and wrote "reserved for full visa stamp!" Never had a problem with this sticky note method. About a half hour at the U.S. Embassy and they will add more pages.

Okeydokey.

Edited by karazyal

When you go to the consulate, please note that you do NOT need to draw a number and wait your turn. You simply find the correct form on the wall, fill it out, and then deliver it to correct window which is posted there.

Back in April I left the country and the Thai agent stamping my exit noted I only had two pages left. He cheerfully recommended I get the extras added soon so I went and did it. Took about an hour so take something to read. This is a nice service the consulate provides and greatly appreciated. Make sure you check the hours of full service on the Chiang Mai consulate website before you go.

I've seen a wad of about 100 documents (an annual visa extension) hurled back across the desk at Suan Phlu into the lap of the Thai bloke who does immigration documentation at our company. The reason? Only one complete blank page in my colleague's passport. This was deemed insufficient.

So you never know.

(He got the extension later that day from a different officer).

Hey man,

If you are American, just go to the embassy and ask for extra pages. They charge for this service back home but in Bangkok it is FREE. Just fill out a form, wait a few minutes, and they give you a bunch more pages. I don't know if other embassies do this but it's well worth it, considering all these <deleted>' Thai, Cambodia, Laos, etc visas take up a whole page just for one!

I got a new passport in December, and went to the embassy right away to add extra pages just so I already have it. My last passport quickly filled up, and government people frown on stamping on pages not intended for visas.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

A little off topic, but has anyone every had problems with the immigration office not accepting the extra pages. This should be a no brainer.. yet the clerks seem to like to pull your chain about obtaining a new passport even when it has not expired?

Cheers mates

Extra pages are an official document and of no concern - what is a concern is expiration date of passports as they must have six month validity for entry into most countries and condition of passport if very beat up.

When you go to the consulate, please note that you do NOT need to draw a number and wait your turn. You simply find the correct form on the wall, fill it out, and then deliver it to correct window which is posted there.

Back in April I left the country and the Thai agent stamping my exit noted I only had two pages left. He cheerfully recommended I get the extras added soon so I went and did it. Took about an hour so take something to read. This is a nice service the consulate provides and greatly appreciated. Make sure you check the hours of full service on the Chiang Mai consulate website before you go.

Make your appointment online - this way you don't need to get a number and wait for 1 to 2 hours to be called! here is their website: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/

• 2 weeks later...

The Thai Embassy in DC says OK to use inside of rear cover page for my forthcoming Non-immigrant O-A visa (even though there is not a page number on it). This surprises me because I thought I read somewhere here that page could not be used. I am tight on time before I leave the U.S. for Thailand and don't want to pay a fortune for expedited extra passport pages to be added before I send in my application and passport for the visa, so this would be very good news if true (it worries me a bit about trusting the person on the phone, who may not be 100% sure but too lazy to verify). Anybody use the inside rear cover page before? (Once in BKK I can get more pages added quickly and without cost at the U.S. embassy for future use).

NO, it's not OK to use back cover page.

To follow my gut feelings, I called the DC Embassy again and asked the question again, this time to a different person. Sure enough, this person said this page could not be used. I asked if he was sure and he said yes, to which I responded the person I talked to before ALSO said she was sure :o . As a final double check, I called the Chicago embassy and talked to the Consul himself, and he told me the inside of the back cover could not be used because their maching couln't affix the visa on it.

So this is the final final - can't use the page!! Get new pages by expedite (as I have now done) if necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Thai Immigration just used that page for my one year visa although there were a few other pages available that I had marked to point them out to officials. I don't think that it will hurt anything because the Thais don't care and as far as U.S. officials go, it wasn't my choice to put it there.

Edited by Ulysses G.