Kuala Lumpur: No more double Tourist Visas

I was in KL at the beginning of the month and I've applied for a 6 months tourist VISA. The answer I got was that they give the classic 2+1 Tourist VISA. A friend of mine is about to go to Penang where, accoarding to his tourist agency, the Thai Consulate there will be able to issue the 6 months Tourist VISA: is anyone able to explain me why each embassy has a different policy about the same matter ? :o

Thanks

Cekipa

I was in KL at the beginning of the month and I've applied for a 6 months tourist VISA. The answer I got was that they give the classic 2+1 Tourist VISA. A friend of mine is about to go to Penang where, accoarding to his tourist agency, the Thai Consulate there will be able to issue the 6 months Tourist VISA: is anyone able to explain me why each embassy has a different policy about the same matter ? :o

Thanks

Cekipa

I think it is simply "Up to them". :D

Thanks

Cekipa

I think it is simply "Up to them". :D

You are correct RDN The head of mission determines policy. Thus the rules vary from place to place.

I believe a quick rule of thumb is that you will receive minimum at an Embassy location and more likely receive the best service at a stand alone Consulate location. A visa is a chore at an Embassy and the reason for being for a Consulate.

Is that bad news?

I thought you can get a reentry permit on any tourist visa. Or am I wrong?

So it is same if you get a double entry visa or a single entry visa and a reentry permit. The only difference is 1900 THB (but the single entry visa is cheaper in the beginning)

Marco.

Is that bad news?

I thought you can get a reentry permit on any tourist visa.  Or am I wrong?

So it is same if you get a double entry visa or a single entry visa and a reentry permit. The only difference is 1900 THB (but the single entry visa is cheaper in the beginning)

Marco.

Yes very bad news for those who want to stay longer than 2-3 months.

You can get a re-entry permit on a tourist visa,

and it allows you to go out and in again on the same visa over a period of 2 months (plus one extra on the extension).

The double visa in you passport means you can do it twice,

making a stay of six months, or even 9 if you get the triple.