6 Months In Pattaya

BerndK

Hi guys,

I will be staying in Pattaya for 6 months. Arriving the beginning of August.

I was hoping some of you may be able to give me advice.

The Visa I have is a six month 3 entry visa. If I would want to stay longer than that...what will I have to do?

Also I am looking for an apartment or condo not too expensive (don't know the going rate). Just like a studio.

A safe place where I can leave my LapTop.... and when I return it's still there.

Bedroom kitchen bath. I do need internet access.

I don't mind if it is a little further out since I will have transportation and I prefer to stay a little further away....

like past soi Buakao and even third road.

Maybe even Jomtien or Naklua.

Would I be better off to buy a used scooter than rent?...if so where and for how much?

Thanks

Hi guys,

The Visa I have is a six month 3 entry visa. If I would want to stay longer than that...what will I have to do?

Also I am looking for an apartment or condo not too expensive (don't know the going rate). Just like a studio.

A safe place where I can leave my LapTop.... and when I return it's still there.

I don't mind if it is a little further out since I will have transportation and I prefer to stay a little further away....

Would I be better off to buy a used scooter than rent?...if so where and for how much?

Thanks

i say buy a used scooter......as i have one for sale but i think it will be sold by the time you come.if you are planning to come back again and again then buy a bike for sure otherwise easier to rent as dont have to put in your name etc.rental places eveywhere and many bike shops.visa advice then ask in the specific visa section of this forum.lots of condos everywhere for rent as low season and probably many on this forums classified section or many pattaya real estate advertise on the internet,but you could come here and find what you want in one day visiting a few real estate agents or receptions of any condos you fancy staying at.

"The Visa I have is a six month 3 entry visa. If I would want to stay longer than that...what will I have to do?"

it's not a big problem, i dont actully know the visa your on and at a guess i would have thought its a 60 days at a time, so you would be able to extend that every time for another 30 days on top, maybe?

either way if im wrong (quite often am) you will be able to sort another visa out in local bordering countrys or do border runs so dont worry about that one till ya here, then nip back on here and repost with what youve got and what ya need!

"Also I am looking for an apartment or condo not too expensive (don't know the going rate). Just like a studio"

as a rough guide, very small room 3000 bhat a month

basic room air con 7/8000 a month

nice one 15/35000 a month depending on spec and area

on top of all are normally water an electric, no air con cheap charlie 1000 bhat a month, top of range air con on all day/night 15000

save more on above if go jontiem/ nakula/ soi bhukow, and all price are a rough guide and may increase as the high season kicks in!

"Would I be better off to buy a used scooter than rent?...if so where and for how much?"

rent for amonth or so at first would be my advice, just make sure ya like it and bargains always tend to come up with time!

chris

Hi guys,

Thanks

Hi Berndk,

I have a 45m2 fully furnished condo that might be of interest to you in Jomtien, pm me for more details and contact info. Also have a Honda Wave that you can rent.