Just Got New Passport What Next?

I just got a new UK passport, in my old passport I have a double entry tourist visa from laos which expires on 4 Aug and my first entry stamp which expires on 5 July.

I understand that I have to go to immo to have these transferred to my new passport. I also intend to extend my first entry by 30 days.

Can I do the transfer and extension at Suan Phlu at the same time??

What is the earliest date I can/should go for my extension?

For your info, Price of new passport was 9340 baht for 48 page passport. 10 working days to process application.

Thanks in advance.

Only the current permitted to stay stamp will be transferred - you will need to enter with both passports to use the second tourist visa entry.

Believe they will provide the 30 day extension of stay two weeks early but normally we recommend doing the last week.

I have only been to Thailand once and it was utterly amazing, and now I'm currently in the process of arranging another visit. The only problem being is that I'm not sure how long a UK Citizen can stay in Thailand on a normal passport? and how I would go about staying there longer.

I aware that alot of people enter the country and stay for 30 days, then leave (they go to Laos or elsewhere) and re-enter the country. IS THIS CORRECT and if so how many times can you keep doing this and remaining in Thailand?

It depends on the visa you obtain:

Multi entry non immigrant O visa from (Hull or similar Consulate) = 90 day stays on each entry for one year.

Tourist visa from any Consulate = 60 day stay that can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days.

Visa exempt entry = up to 30 day stay but limited to 90 days in any six month period.

How difficult are these visas to obtain? The Multi entry non immigrant O visa entitles you to 90 day stay on each entry, can you only do this 90-day period for one year. Do you basically have to wait again for a year to pass, before applying again?

The Tourist visa allows a 60 day stay, that can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days but is there a fee

The Visa exempt entry allows up to 30 day stay but is limited to 90 days in any six month period, so what would you advise? is it possible to leave Thailand, go to say Cambodia/Vietnam and then re-enter Thailand 3 months later?

All visas and extensions have fees. Only the 30 day visa exempt is free. Yes if you qualify for entry into another country you can do so. But even after using 90 days visa exempt entry you can still enter using a visa.

The multi entry O is only available at a few honorary Consulate locations unless married to a Thai or some such other valid reason for frequent stay.