Two Armed Men Rob Bangkok Bank's Suvarnabhumi Airport

george

I'm a bit surprised these guys have been arrested. During the robbery they showed daring and a degree of shrewdness.

I guess one of the culprits was known to the police (facial ID from CCTV pictures - camera outside bank).

Unlucky. They're all looking now at thirty years inside.

Surprising how few - if any - bank robbers in Thailand appear to get away 'scot free'!

Surprising how few - if any - bank robbers in Thailand appear to get away 'scot free'!

I think the city is too dense in Bangkok and word tends to get around. It's hard to hide things from the family and usually it goes from there. Thais are gossipy and neighbors are nosey so you'd have to be one hel_l of a criminal to get away with it. I imagine the perfect Thai caper would be if a upper-middle class thai person decided to rip off a bank and just leave the country for an extended hi-so holiday. They would never suspect someone like that because they are already economically mobile and socially respected.

Maybe Heng can get in on this idea. :o:D

btw. Name me one European country where a Bank Branch is open on a Sunday. You're right. None.

Cameron Toll branch of Bank of Scotland in Edinburgh definitely used to be open on Sundays, and I assume it still is... Last I heard Scotland was also in Europe.

Admittedly I never used it on a Sunday as the queues were horrendous.

Edited by bkk_mike

btw. Name me one European country where a Bank Branch is open on a Sunday. You're right. None.

Cameron Toll branch of Bank of Scotland in Edinburgh definitely used to be open on Sundays, and I assume it still is... Last I heard Scotland was also in Europe.

Admittedly I never used it on a Sunday as the queues were horrendous.

ha ha ha > When I lived in Scotland fishing was banned on a Sunday. They had some really stupid drinking laws too.