Looking To Make Friends Before I Get To Bangkok

mickey001

Looking to make friends here or find out about other websites that would be a good place to meet people. I'm 23 year old female moving to Bangkok this month and never been there or know anyone on who lives there so I thought it would be a good idea to meet some people online before I get there. I've lived in the UK for 6 years and I'm from the Caribbean. I'll be there doing a dressmaking course but I get the strange feeling there aren't many people that speak english at the school I'll be going to. Any way its be good to meet new people I easy going, fun, enjoying socializing. Kinda hard describing oneself humm here's what anything else you want to know just ask.

Michelle

Looking to make friends here or find out about other websites that would be a good place to meet people. I'm 23 year old female moving to Bangkok this month and never been there or know anyone on who lives there so I thought it would be a good idea to meet some people online before I get there. I've lived in the UK for 6 years and I'm from the Caribbean. I'll be there doing a dressmaking course but I get the strange feeling there aren't many people that speak english at the school I'll be going to. Any way its be good to meet new people I easy going, fun, enjoying socializing. Kinda hard describing oneself humm here's what anything else you want to know just ask.

Michelle

Hello!

First question, why the username Mickey001?

Michelle

Hello!

First question, why the username Mickey001?

maybe she could not get Mickey 002 :o

A warm welcome to Thailand and i hope you find the country to your liking.Have a look at the many posts on here and you will have a better idea of what you face in bangkok.I assume you like the weather to be very hot and humid so no problems for you young lady lol.

Nice to meet you Michelle. It looks like i'm in the same boat as you, am moving to Bangkok in September and would love to get to know a few people before I arrive. I actually worked in Mae Sai (far North Thailand) for a month at the start of the year, so I got to learn a bit of the culture and language and stuff there. You'll have a blast, Thailand rocks! Hopefully see you around..

Dj.

lol Thailandfriends is the quickest cheapest way to get laid only.

I was referring to alexth post link btw

I made friends there, never got laid with any of the members, that is just not my thing, plenty of girls in the real life, thank you.

lol Thailandfriends is the quickest cheapest way to get laid only.

I was referring to alexth post link btw

I made friends there, never got laid with any of the members, that is just not my thing, plenty of girls in the real life, thank you.

when meet up in real life they feel parity real to me :o

Nice one rak,maybe you both dates the same lady.One got laid the other didnt lol.

hehe, it's ok, you guys can have them all :D

I don't use play TF anymore for the same reason. Its stupid

dress making or shoe making? :o

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you

Ok its about time I came back to my post. I'll be doing dressmaking in central Bangkok.

Mickey 001 cause some of y friends use to call me mickey and that was the first no that came to mind. LOL

Ok its about time I came back to my post. I'll be doing dressmaking in central Bangkok.

Mickey 001 cause some of y friends use to call me mickey and that was the first no that came to mind. LOL

Hi Mickey, my name is Pluto, where have you been as I had arrive here in Pattaya for 2 years now but you are no where to be found. Don't you know I missed you dearly?

Donald, Goofy and the rest of the gang have been laughing at me saying you have dumped me for Minnie which I think is just sH-t coz I know you will never leave me.......

Currently my new master is taking care of me daily while I wait for you to contact me at [email protected]

Hi Mickey, my name is Pluto, where have you been as I had arrive here in Pattaya for 2 years now but you are no where to be found. Don't you know I missed you dearly?

Donald, Goofy and the rest of the gang have been laughing at me saying you have dumped me for Minnie which I think is just sH-t coz I know you will never leave me.......

Currently my new master is taking care of me daily while I wait for you to contact me at [email protected]

Oh Pluto you know I would never leave you for Minnie. You have always been there for me I'm sorry I made you feel neglected.

ermmm..... am i the only one who felt this conversation is kinda strange....

the girl sounds kinda goofy in the head..... not to mention that the KrisakornWIlson "Pluto" guy registered a brand new thaivisa account only just to reply to Mickey... :o

the girl sounds kinda goofy in the head..... not to mention that the KrisakornWIlson "Pluto" guy registered a brand new thaivisa account only just to reply to Mickey... :o

Yes I am kinda goofy in the head but its better to be like that it makes life more interesting don't you think?

Yes I am kinda goofy in the head but its better to be like that it makes life more interesting don't you think?

It all depended on how goofy you want to get. Roll playing with some random dude about cartoon romance is just BIZZZZZARRRRRRRRR

It all depended on how goofy you want to get. Roll playing with some random dude about cartoon romance is just BIZZZZZARRRRRRRRR

:D

Join some clubs when you get here, if you're not here already. 2 examples off the top of my head.

Southerners - ignore the Southern hemisphere bit, they have members from everywhere. Great club if you want to play team sport, or just meet people at social functions, watching/after games etc.

British Club - good facilities, membership price reasonable

Heaps more to be found via google or searching forums here.

Just be careful meeting people 'randomly' in pubs and clubs etc, there's some real nutters out there, and it's hard at first to tell tourists from expats, sane from insane, financially comfortable from desperate, etc. And those just out for a shag (tourists and expats).

Also expect occassional resistance from some people - people are quick to brand expats as snobs, stand-offish, etc, but that's due to people sometimes being a little more protective/careful when meeting strangers who come-on with the friendly too hard/fast partly due to the above.

Khao San Rd (backpacker area) is the meeting place for typically young inexperienced tourist types, and whilst it's probably easy to meet people there, if you're staying long term and looking for long term friends, I'd suggest not going there to look for any more than casual company, and pen pals.

Edited by guava

Join some clubs when you get here, if you're not here already. 2 examples off the top of my head.

Southerners - ignore the Southern hemisphere bit, they have members from everywhere. Great club if you want to play team sport, or just meet people at social functions, watching/after games etc.

British Club - good facilities, membership price reasonable

Heaps more to be found via google or searching forums here.

Just be careful meeting people 'randomly' in pubs and clubs etc, there's some real nutters out there, and it's hard at first to tell tourists from expats, sane from insane, financially comfortable from desperate, etc. And those just out for a shag (tourists and expats).

Also expect occassional resistance from some people - people are quick to brand expats as snobs, stand-offish, etc, but that's due to people sometimes being a little more protective/careful when meeting strangers who come-on with the friendly too hard/fast partly due to the above.

Khao San Rd (backpacker area) is the meeting place for typically young inexperienced tourist types, and whilst it's probably easy to meet people there, if you're staying long term and looking for long term friends, I'd suggest not going there to look for any more than casual company, and pen pals.

Ill be staying about 9 months was hoping to be there by then end of this month, but i have not received the letter for my visa yet. (humm wonder if I could get a tourist visa and when i get there sort it out?)

As for random people in clubs there are nutters every where and those trying to get up my skirt. (i tend to be careful about people met in those places.

thanks about the clubs anyway i'll check them out