Blatter/ Platini Anti Epl

telaksslave

Blatter needs to go - and followed by Platini. Both are very anti EPL and anti English football and Blatter should spend some time with a shrink! Slavery? Paid 100K a week to kick a ball around and be worshipped by thousands - I wouldnt mind a couple of years of this kind of slavery! People sign contracts of their own free will and if they really want to get out of them, they should either buy it out or wait for a club that is prepared to pay their current clubs pricing. If we lived in a world with no contracts, it would just be anarchy and a free for all. I think it is becoming clear that clubs are beginning to hold the upper hand and quite rightly in most cases now. Long ago, the players were hard done by but now?? In the cases of Barry, Adebayor, Lampard and Ronaldo, it seems that self gratification is all they care about and it would not surprise me to see fans beginning to vote with their feet and attendances come down soon - or, the grounds will be full of people that know and care nothing about the clubs and are there just for a one off trip. Crazy times and a game seemingly being run by even more crazy people!

Its Platini who is really driving the whole anti Prem League attitude at the moment. Blatter will say anything if someone tells him it will make him popular. Since Platini took over as president of EUFA the anti English rhetoric from him has been getting louder and louder.

Long ago, the players were hard done by but now?? In the cases of Barry, Adebayor, Lampard and Ronaldo, it seems that self gratification is all they care about and it would not surprise me to see fans beginning to vote with their feet and attendances come down soon - or, the grounds will be full of people that know and care nothing about the clubs and are there just for a one off trip. Crazy times and a game seemingly being run by even more crazy people!

Attendances will be own anyway, given the hike in prices and the economic climate.

As for grounds being full of fair weather supporters. That trend too has been going on for a decade or more as traditional working-class supporters were priced-out of going to matches. Ever been to Stamford Bridge ? :o

Septi Bladder is a <deleted>, and he should resign. He has no place discussing the Ronaldo transfer, and considering his recent comments, it's no wonder that Real Madrid were let off the hook regards ilegal approaches.

If Blatter thinks contracts should be thrown in the bin by players at any given opportunity, then surely he must also believe that clubs should be able to get rid of players contracts when he is underperforming.

Ronaldos seem to believe all the hype surrounding him, wonder if he'll end up as crap as others that have done this, such as fowler/ronaldinho/ronaldo/kewell etc....

The Independant, Saturday, 12 July 2008

James Lawton: In devotion to greed, Ronaldo and Real is a match made in hel_l of modern football

Cristiano Ronaldo bites his European Cup winners' medal in Moscow in May

There is not much point in lecturing Cristiano Ronaldo on the meaning of slavery or loyalty or reasons why he might be grateful for being young and beautiful and receiving a huge weekly wage from a great football club who invested in his talent and sang his glories when he was still just a bright little show pony. Highly gifted no doubt, but still a stepover trickster who wasn't yet fit, if he ever would be, to rinse out George Best's empty vodka glass.

The futility of advice, strictures and blandishments was clear enough at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow a few weeks ago. He had the post-match demeanour of someone so high on himself you wondered whether he might need a few whiffs of oxygen.

Someone had the temerity to ask about the missed penalty which might have left a gaping hole in Manchester United's season and his own undoubtedly brilliant contribution to it. He snarled: "Why do you ask me about that? Why don't we talk about the fantastic goal?" Why didn't we do better than that? Why didn't we touch our forelocks and genuflect and shield our eyes against his brilliance?

Could he make any promises for the future? "I don't make promises to anyone, not even my mum." It figured and it also told you where the Real Madrid story, and United's humiliation, was heading.

It was going to a place now apparently approved of by the top man in football, the Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, where contracts do not matter, nor good manners, nor even basic human decency. A place occupied by grab-all players who are now encouraged to believe, from the highest authority, that it is perfectly all right to march through the world with only one consideration, how you feel about how it is today for you, without any reference to the past or future, any vague notion that the best of what you can do will always be a result of working with and respecting other people. This is because football, as we saw in the recent European Championship – and we are still shaking our heads in wonderment – is meant to be a team game.

It is meant to be inhabited by young players like Cesc Fabregas, whose stunning contribution to Spain's triumph came despite the fact that, unlike Ronaldo, he hadn't been feted at every turn. Indeed, he spent quite a bit of his time on the bench, waiting to make his impact, which was never less than brilliantly dynamic and often quite exquisite, and finally returned to it shortly before the climax of a superb campaign.

Maybe Fabregas will display his own self-indulgences somewhere along the road, and we should brace ourselves for this because at the moment the contamination of greed and self-importance seems to be eating into every corner of football. For the moment we can only hope that he continues to turn his back on the impending departure of Arsenal players like Emmanuel Adebayor and Alexander Hleb and the haggling of Frank Lampard, who kisses the shirt whenever he scores and was not so long ago telling us that he could envisage an old age of shuffling down to Stamford Bridge and supporting, with other old geezers, his "team".

We have to be practical, of course. We cannot reinstate the values of another age. We cannot cite the experience of a Wilf Mannion, one of the most gifted players ever bred in England, who once returned from Hampden Park, where he had won the grudging admiration of roughly 120,000 Scots, sitting on his cardboard case in a crowded corridor of a third-class carriage. We cannot talk about men like Sir Tom Finney and the late Johnny Haynes, who after long years of brilliant service for their clubs, Preston North End and Fulham, were told, quite curtly, to forget about overtures from Italy that would have changed their lives. No, that water gurgled and sighed under the bridge quite some time ago.

But maybe we can hope that the slavemaster Sir Alex Ferguson will make good his promise to stand, rock-like, in his defiance of Ronaldo's contemptuous desire for defection to Real Madrid, a club which until the recent renaissance of title wins had become a parody of what one of the world's most famous clubs should be.

When you think of it, perhaps it is true that if Real Madrid do prevail, if United decide to cut their losses and take the largest profit in the history of transfer dealing, their marriage with Ronaldo will indeed be one made in today's version of football heaven. They have certain things in common, after all. Real use up coaches, even when they win the European Cup and the Spanish title, as did the new manager of Spain, Vicente del Bosque, as though they are discarding dirty napkins. Now they want Ronaldo, and he wants them, so why would anyone stand in their way?

Why would anyone endorse slavery? Only because, maybe, that don't quite realise how long the values of football have been residing in a rubbish bin.

Unquote

I to would love to see him confined to the stands as " alledged " slavemaster Sir Alex Ferguson threatened.

Sadly it is an unrealistic scenario, as we all have to accept, and anyway why would they want to keep him now he has shown what an ungrateful arsehol_e he truly is, not to mention his priorities, which obviously do not include the loyalty to Man U and it,s various intersted groups.

:D as in WNKR comes to mind

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

If Ronaldo is a slave for being under a contract im presuming he will be on a pay as you play deal at Real Madrid the jumped up pr7ck.

I personally don't like Ronaldo -- even though most English, other than Man u fans, still bear a grudge from that Rooney World Cup incident, I still wouldn't like the bloke.

But to be fair he's not changed his stance for a couple of years. Yes he wants to play for Real Madrid. No he doesn't want to live in Machester (no blame there :o ) because if he lived in Spain he'd be nearer his Mum. He's not refused to turn up for training or the like with Man u , as has happened with players elsewhere when they really want out. Is Ronaldo's position at Man untenable now? Maybe. I tell you what though he'd already be in Madrid if Ferguson didn't want him there. No player leaves Man u unless Ferguson wants them to -- as has happened before.

Finally , if he agrees with Blatter about being a "modern day slave" then there's one solution. Let him play the season in leg shackles and let's see if he can score 42 goals then. :D

Septi Bladder is a <deleted>, and he should resign. He has no place discussing the Ronaldo transfer, and considering his recent comments, it's no wonder that Real Madrid were let off the hook regards ilegal approaches.

Yes,I think that sums up Mr.Blatter correctly Mr.T.

As for Ronaldo.....well,if hes not happy and just going to sulk for the season then United should cash in on him whilst he still holds a high value.

If Real Madrid are willing to pay 75m upwards for him then United would be able to add three world class players to the squad with that money.

He has changed his stance of wanting to join Real from a couple of years ago as he signed a 5 year contract with Manure in that time.

Even though he was under contractual obligation before signing a new one he always said that he'd like to play for Real Madrid. That's what I'm saying. These contracts mean nothing in todays game. That's one very good reason that I'd like to see him having to play for Man u next season, even if only for a season. It's about time that these contractual obligations were enforced rather than got out of when something else comes along.

He has changed his stance of wanting to join Real from a couple of years ago as he signed a 5 year contract with Manure in that time.

Even though he was under contractual obligation before signing a new one he always said that he'd like to play for Real Madrid. That's what I'm saying. These contracts mean nothing in todays game. That's one very good reason that I'd like to see him having to play for Man u next season, even if only for a season. It's about time that these contractual obligations were enforced rather than got out of when something else comes along.

I totally agree HH, it's about time that these guys lived up to their contractual obligations. They are happy enough to take the ludicrous amounts of acash that are splashed at them, yet when they decide that the grass is greener on the other side they cry foul. Septic Bladders comments are a total disgrace comparing slavery with contractual obligations. If I remember correctly, this is what Real Madrid mentioned 6 weeks ago. The big question is, how much is Bladder being paid by Madrid?

BBC Sport 12-07-08 12:03 GMT, Saturday, 12 July 2008 13:03 UK

Pele orders Ronaldo to stay put

Pele believes Cristiano Ronaldo should stay loyal to Man Utd

Pele insists Cristiano Ronaldo should forget about moving to Real Madrid and honour his Manchester United contract.

The Brazil legend also dismissed Fifa president Sepp Blatter's claim that there is "modern slavery" in football and Ronaldo should be free to move.

Pele, in Stoke for a charity match for the Gordon Banks Foundation, said: "You are a slave if you work without a contract or you don't get paid.

"If you have a contract then in any job you have to finish the contract."

Pele added: "I think that when he finishes his contract, then he should be free to go wherever he wants to go."

Ronaldo has four years left on his Old Trafford contract and is currently recovering from ankle surgery which will rule him out of the start of next season.

Former England goalkeeper Banks accused Cristiano Ronaldo of showing a lack of respect to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Banks said he could not understand why Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals for United last season, would want to move away from Old Trafford to Real Madrid.

He said: "I can't understand why he said he felt he was being treated like a slave. If he has just signed a new contract then he should respect his manager and honour it. It's stupid.

"I don't understand what the problem is. He plays for a team that has just won the European Cup and the Premier League. He plays for his country. What more does he want?

"It's like anything in life. If a businessman signs a contract then he has to honour it. It' s no different than a professional footballer."

Banks was speaking at a press conference ahead of a charity match in his honour on Saturday when a Banks XI will take on a Pele XI at Stoke's Britannia Stadium.

The former England keeper pulled off arguably the best save in history from a Pele header at the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.

Unquote

Also :-

Pele and Gordon Banks disagree with Fifa President Sepp Blatter's comments about Cristiano Ronaldo and likening transfer trends to 'modern slavery'.

Audio report

Ref url :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7503452.stm

Recorded at a Pele / Banksy charity match in Stoke yesterday.

These guys still demand respect for their contributions to football, along with retaining their obvious humour that comes across in their comments.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags