Is There One Business You Wish There Was In Pattaya?

immortalinthailand

Pattaya has bars, clubs, go go bars, massage, restaurants etc by the hundreds if not thousands (most all of them copy all the others).... but is there one you wish was here but cannot find?

a custom condom manufacturer, the durexes go about halfway down !

Pattaya has bars, clubs, go go bars, massage, restaurants etc by the hundreds if not thousands (most all of them copy all the others).... but is there one you wish was here but cannot find?

a custom condom manufacturer, the durexes go about halfway down !

Huggy - you are supposed to unfurl them :o

I should like to be able to buy good quality cosmetics like Guerlain, Lancome or Estée Lauder.

Watson is OK but they do not sell the kind of stuff I like to use.

you can get all those brands in Robinsons in Siracha

Yepp, that is the point. It is not in Pattaya.

:o

A good Mexican Taco/Burrito place with reasonably priced food: Tequila Reef, Soi 7.

That's not a Taco/Burrito place (plus the food isn't that good). I'm talking about one like in the Mission district in San Francisco. There is one, Miguel's, in Chiang Mai, and a couple inferior ones in Bangkok. Nothing in Pattaya.

A printing shop where I could get professional quality large-sized prints of photos I have taken: Several in and around Tukcom.

I have used a couple of those shops--they are sign makers. The best is actually Sign Tech on Sukhumvit, in my opinion. They don't know have the correct equipment nor expertise to work with photographers.

Reasonably priced American sandwich shop: Soi Yamato (we'll reasonably priced ... depends on your wallet)

I'll take a look--what's the name of the restaurant?

Edited by Jimmyd

A Western style gay cruise bar with music/comedy/soft core large screen videos. no drag queen lip synch shows, with no commercial sex transactions allowed, and reasonably priced drinks. The kind of place that shows campy tv series videos and comedians like Margaret Cho, not too loud though. I know what you are thinking, but there are more and more younger Thai, Russian, Singaporean, and even farangs visiting Pattaya, and the only choices now are commercial beer bars, commercial go gos, or Thai style discos.

Tequila Reef is not real Mexican food. We are still waiting for Sunrise Tacos to come here.

I agree real New York bagels and deli (not fake stuff) would be a big draw. Heck, even just good bagels with cream cheese spreads would be good enough ...

I have mentioned this before but I think a Peruvian cevicheria would be a great fit for a Thai beach resort. You have all this cheap fresh fish and citrus to cook the fish to source, plus it can be spiced up big time with chilies for both the Thais and others that appreciate that. Peruvian is the next big thing on the world food scene, what Thai food was to the 80's worldwide, Peruvian is on the up and coming.

Edited by Jingthing

2) A good Indian restaurant with prices only a bit above Thai food (the ingredients are not *that* expensive).

There is a great Indian restaurant on Soi Bua Khao, If your driving from south to klang on Soi Bua Khao, it is just past club Blue on your right hand side, just before Sawasdee hotel. Its opposite the soi next to Sawasdee hotel.

Lovely indian food. Curries around 120 baht (Chicken Tikka Masala - Yummy) Yellow rice 40 baht . Tried it once not expecting too much and have been a regular customer ever since... Its best to sit outside as the inside of the restaurant can get quite hot and its fans only...

..... My mouth is watering now.. :o

Edit: They also deliver

Edited by Meg_ken2003

A gogo bar where the girls know how to dance would be nice (Angel Witch excluded) not that Im complaining.

Indoor sports centre where theyve got Ice Skating, Ice rock climbing, indoor wall climbing, skateboarding, snow boarding, etc in Pattaya.

Internet access same as the rest of the planet.

Gymnastics classes for the kids.

I would like to see worldly Thai ACTORS who have lived abroad start to put out live topical entertainment for the tourist market, in English. I am thinking something like the Second City improvisational acts you see in Chicago and Amsterdam. The Thais could make fun of themselves, the farangs, and the craziness in the city. Getting work permits for farang actors would be too expensive. Pattaya needs more nightlife alternatives. If it doesn't want to be sex city forever, it is going to have to get creative, and that usually means more ARTS.

Edited by Jingthing

I will tell you a business that we not only need, but the person who starts it will make a great deal of money with it. And that is a cheese factory that makes a wide variety of great cheese so that the cost of chesses is not triple of what we pay in the west do to the import duties.

In fact, my of the better cheeses are made with buffalo milk, which god knows we have enough of here.

There you have your idea to become a millionaire in Thailand. If I did not do so well with my other business ventures I would have done it a long time ago. Also, I am kind of lazy and working over three hours a day is just too much for me.

I should like to be able to buy good quality cosmetics like Guerlain, Lancome or Estée Lauder.

sorry i thought it would help you

i will mind my own business in future

I will tell you a business that we not only need, but the person who starts it will make a great deal of money with it.

It is not that simple.

We have a cheese factory in Chiang Mai, but only a few of the cheeses are as good as imports - cream cheese, goat cheese and feta are the only three that I can think of - and mostly customers don't want them. Sometimes, restaurants mix them with imported cheeses to cut costs, but it is just not that easy to make quality cheeses in Thailand. :o

A good Mexican Taco/Burrito place with reasonably priced food: Tequila Reef, Soi 7.

That's not a Taco/Burrito place (plus the food isn't that good). I'm talking about one like in the Mission district in San Francisco. There is one, Miguel's, in Chiang Mai, and a couple inferior ones in Bangkok. Nothing in Pattaya.

A printing shop where I could get professional quality large-sized prints of photos I have taken: Several in and around Tukcom.

I have used a couple of those shops--they are sign makers. The best is actually Sign Tech on Sukhumvit, in my opinion. They don't know have the correct equipment nor expertise to work with photographers.

Reasonably priced American sandwich shop: Soi Yamato (we'll reasonably priced ... depends on your wallet)

I'll take a look--what's the name of the restaurant?

Subs And Suds.........038414280 delivery.........219/20 Soi Yamoto.

Have the menu infront of me (6 month old one anyway) , prices...............

Philly Cheese Steak sarnies in baguettes run from 135-185 baht

2 Tacos 200 baht

Most sandwiches seem to run fron 80-200 baht (1/3 pound roast beef and melted cheese)

Picked up menu from Friendship.......just on right as you go in.

Edited by thaiflyer1

I'd like to see a big public park, where you can rest, play sport, picnic, walk etc. A bit like Lumpini and for everyone to enjoy. A public amentity with facilities instead of concreate and any spare land being built on.

King Rama IX Royal Park near Big Buddha is nice and pleasant.

You can too walk inside the National Park till the sea.

I have mentioned this before but I think a Peruvian cevicheria would be a great fit for a Thai beach resort. You have all this cheap fresh fish and citrus to cook the fish to source, plus it can be spiced up big time with chilies for both the Thais and others that appreciate that. Peruvian is the next big thing on the world food scene, what Thai food was to the 80's worldwide, Peruvian is on the up and coming.

I like that Jing. That stuff is an AWESOME hangover cure. Served with 2 or 3 bottles of ice-cold Crystal or Cusquena... Bugger me... I am drunk again!

So most of the ideas are - more restaurants, better class retailers and parks, with a gay entertainment complex.

What's new there?

No one have any ideas of new business opportunities?

There was a nice candle shop at the Southern end of Second Road about three years ago, but it closed.

You cannot rely on tourist dollars - must be something that locals, both farang and Thai, would support.

sorry i thought it would help you

i will mind my own business in future

Hi Timekeeper,

Sorry, I did not mention to hurt you. I apologize.

Thank you for the information.

I know that it can be bought in Sri Racha but not having a car and be too lazy to take a bus trip there, I wish a shop in Pattaya.

Best regards,

Madame