Expat British Handyman Needed To Fit Kitchen

cjmcnicol

Hi we have just bought a house on Koh Mak (off Koh Chang). Didnt fancy the standard cement look, and so will be looking to buy a western style kitchen in Pattaya when we are there in 2 weeks. Anyone know of someone who could fit it?

The kitchen sellers or makers in Pattaya quote their prices with fitting included. Usually 12000bt - 18000bt per sq mtr depending on the style and qaulity of the units.

Also remember that expats can't work over here unless they have a work permit, otherwise could end up getting deported.

Edited by sotsira

There are quite a few kitchen manufactures in town. All of the big building supply stores represent factories from Bangkok with up-scale kitchens. These are very high quality kitchens, but they can be very costly. The kitchen studio is a fine company and offers a wide variety of different styles of kitchens, but they are expensive.

I renovate quite a few condominiums and I use a firm named PK kitchens which has a showroom in Jomtien. The owners name is Yothin, he speaks English and his number is 089-832-6325. You can expect to pay approximately 18,000 Baht per linear meter excluding your granite counter top and tile backdrop.

More than likely you will also need to have plumbing work done as well as electrical work. As for your appliances I find the best buys can be found at the large stores, such as Tesco-Lotus, Care 4 and Big C. Although, if you really want or need a large refrigerator or an oven you will need to shop at the building supply stores.

There are quite a few kitchen manufactures in town. All of the big building supply stores represent factories from Bangkok with up-scale kitchens. These are very high quality kitchens, but they can be very costly. The kitchen studio is a fine company and offers a wide variety of different styles of kitchens, but they are expensive.

I renovate quite a few condominiums and I use a firm named PK kitchens which has a showroom in Jomtien. The owners name is Yothin, he speaks English and his number is 089-832-6325. You can expect to pay approximately 18,000 Baht per linear meter excluding your granite counter top and tile backdrop.

More than likely you will also need to have plumbing work done as well as electrical work. As for your appliances I find the best buys can be found at the large stores, such as Tesco-Lotus, Care 4 and Big C. Although, if you really want or need a large refrigerator or an oven you will need to shop at the building supply stores.

PK kitchens actually fitted a kitchen for me too 3 years ago at a much lower cost to Kitchen Studio, unfortunately they are no longer open and the shop has changed to another estate agent. Unless they relocated i can only presume they went out of business.

PK relocated to Thepprasit Road and are very much alive and kicking.

Don't expect much in the way of kitchen design from them though.

Oh, well thats good to know that they're still in business as they do give better value for money than most other euro style kitchen retailers.

As for design, what i did with mine was drew the kitchen that i wanted with dimensions and then they ordered, supplied and fitted it, and did a pretty good job, as i actually got what i designed, would definately use them again.