What Is The Professional Status Of Your Thai Partner?

ade100

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I ask this question is that I am planning to bring my Thai partner to Singapore where, I am sorry to say, there is a rather negative impression of Thai folk. The assumption is that Thai guys are construction workers and Thai women; prostitutes or maids.

While my Thai GF is professional, I am sure there will be assumptions that she fits into the prostitute or maid category. I don't think either of us will lose sleep over it but I am sure it could become irritating.

Anyway I was just curious to see if the Thai Visa demographics support or contradict the Singaporean view of the Thais.

Poll is open to all with a Thai partner regardless of gender, sexual orientation, length of relationship, etc.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit worrying.

My wife and I lived in Singapore for a year before we were married. We married in Singapore during the last week we were living there.

My wife loved Singapore and we had a great time there. The Singaporeans we met and worked with were nothing but courteous and well mannered. My wife often comments how easy and comfortable life was in Singapore and how she would like to go back there some time if the option comes up.

Look for the experience of Thai/Farangs who have lived in Singapore and forget your silly poll.

With the rather limited choices, I chose Professional, although manager/supervisor would have been more accurate. His business card said "Assistant General Manager" of a rather large tourist hotel, but he was basically Housekeeping Manager. Now I gave him a promotion to HouseHusband. :o

I would bet that a fair nunber of farang are married to Thai teachers. Not a bad idea, either.

there were rather limeted choices,so i put professional as her familly are quite well off and she used to work in her sisters buisness which was a large restaurant in bangkok . she is also well educated and read ,but i suppose she is now just a houswife looking after me and our 14 year old son.

My wife is a IT manager in one of the biggest IT companies in the world in Sydney

my wife is the CEO of Exxon, possesses half a dozen PhDs and treats me quite badly because i'm rather uneducated :o

Seems like this is a thread for proudly broadcasting to the world the TW/BF/GF's moralistically acceptable position in society.

So if your partner is a manager in a condom factory, does that make them a sex worker? :o

P.S. Get a life Cynthia :D

v

id figgure results would be 19 sex worker marriages and one professiomal type.

dam_n its the complete opposite.

ps i voted for sex worker wife, i knew no one else would.....lol.

My wife is a IT manager in one of the biggest IT companies in the world in Sydney

my wife is the CEO of Exxon, possesses half a dozen PhDs and treats me quite badly because i'm rather uneducated :o

:D:D:D

Well, females of all types are attracted to me, what can I say?

Quit worrying.

My wife and I lived in Singapore for a year before we were married. We married in Singapore during the last week we were living there.

My wife loved Singapore and we had a great time there. The Singaporeans we met and worked with were nothing but courteous and well mannered. My wife often comments how easy and comfortable life was in Singapore and how she would like to go back there some time if the option comes up.

Look for the experience of Thai/Farangs who have lived in Singapore and forget your silly poll.

Silly Poll? This is the cutting edge of demographic research here!

Glad to her your experiences of Singapore were entirely positive. I think most “Ang Mos” (as we tend to get called here) have similar experiences in spite of occasional stereotyping.