Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

I would be content with 3 points. After the 9-0 win I could not help thinking we got plenty of goals when they were not needed. I felt they would be a few instances in future games when they were needed and we could'nt get them. :huh:

Celtic 1 Aberdeen O

No 9-0 this time which is not suprising. Nerve wracking waiting for FT result but 1-0 will do for another 3 points which puts us 5 points ahead of Rangers who have 2 games in hand.

Dramatic game at Tynecastle earlier where Rangers lost after battering Hearts for the 1st 45 minutes. Hearts goalie had a blinder and kept Rangers at bay. Over the 90 minutes McGregor had very little to do. It is a 3 horse race at this stage and we face Hearts at Parkhead on Wednesday. You would have to hope that Celtic get the finger out from the start and not ponce about like they did at Tynecastle. :ermm:

Plan B worked a treat there, Salty old son.

And, as you said, back to 5 points diff.

Now here's Plan C. What we need here is 'our'

half of Embra to pull their socks up on Wed

and give it their best, while we stonk the

Jam Tarts at Paradise. Not much to ask!

An alluring scenario CB,

'Our' half are having a terrible run and surely lightning can not strike again as it did at Ibrox. The other half are flying at the moment and we will need to be at our best to have a chance of winning. In the circumstances I would be very happy to preserve our lead. :huh:

Any good pubs in Sukkumvit area to watch the Old Firm cup game on 06/02/11? Want one that's guaranteed to show it, I don't want to get there and find some crappy baseball or something!

I have watched games in Gullivers in Soi 5 before. Many screens in the place but a lot of noise. There is a pub down in Soi 22 on the same side as Imperial Queens Park but further down the soi. I damned if I can think of the name. The place is owned by a Glaswegian I believe and will always show Scottish matches if screened in Thailand.

Celtic 4 Hearts 0 :

Seems to have been a very good display by the Celts. I was hoping for 3 points but I certainly did not expect such a strong performance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/9372934.stm

CB should have a spring in his step when he wakes up in the morning. :rolleyes: As expected Rangers won at Easter Road so we still lead by 5 points having played 2 games more. But it has been a good few days for us and hopefully we can keep these type of performances going.

It is a lovely morning. To wake up to a 4-0

scoreline for the 'Tic is just what one needs.

Wee bit of a shame that the Hibs are as bad as

they are, but I care not a jot. 5 points clear,

a mighty 10 goals amassed over 'them', and top

of the league all year.

I'm off for an early beer!

League Cup Semi Final:

Aberdeen 1 Celtic 4.

A stunning opening from Celtic saw them wrap the game up just after the half hour. New signing Kris Commons scored after 6 minutes with a superbly measured chip from outside the box. It curled into the top corner with the Aberdeen goalie a yard or two off his line. Just 4 minutes later when a corner was returned into the danger area Charlie Mulgrew soared to head the 2nd against his old mates from a yard out. Celtic were lucky a minute later when the Dons hit the outside of the post.

Celtic made it 3 after 21 minutes following another corner. It was returned into the area and Rogne made the most of a free header form 10 yards. It got worse for Aberdeen on 33 minutes. A free kick by Stokes from outside the box cleared the wall but was handled by Young. Stokes scored from the penalty.

Not surprisingly the game was pretty uneventful after that. The faithful were in full voice. Aberdeen showed a bit of spirit in the 2nd half and Maguire rounded Forster but from a tight angle he was not able to control and shot over. They pulled a goal back after 61 minutes when Vernon headed in after a free kick. Aberdeen kept pressing and might have got another but Celtic at this stage were just going through the motions.

So another Old Firm meeting looks a distinct possibility in the Final. Meanwhile its Aberdeen again away on Tuesday night in the League.

Aberdeen 0 Celtic 3

Another 3 points puts us 8 in front having played 3 more games. An even more dramatic start than Saturday. In the 1st minute Scott Brown taking advantage of a great cross field ball from Commons was caught by defender inside the box and then tripped. Penalty and a slightly harsh sending off. Stokes penalty was saved by Langfield who was at least a yard off the line. Aberdeen had to make 2 substitutions due to injury and not surprisingly Celtic dominated. They went ahead in the 12th minute. An one two between Hooper and Stokes put the former through and he controlled and finished expertly. Celtic kept up the pressure and Langfield made a few good saves, ball was blocked on the line and Kayal hit the inside of the post but still only 1-0. In the last 10 minutes Aberdeen began to show and for the last 10 minutes you would have thought they had the extra man as they created danger on a few occassions.

In the 2nd half Aberdeen were still full of fight and the feeling of unease grew. Only 1-0 and worried that Celtic might manage to drop a couple of points. It was maddening to watch Celtic just poncing about creating nothing and Langfield could have read the paper.After 65 minutes Paddy McCourt on for Kayal and things began to happen again. Commons was put through straighaway with a superb pass rounded the keeper but hit the outside of the post from a tight angle. Celtic were looking much more menacing and finally after 72 minutes from a corner forced by McCourt a 2nd goal from of all people Mark Wilson. After 5 years his first Celtic goal. Relief all round. Within a couple of minutes it was 3-0.Hooper played the ball back to Stokes in the area who took a touch and shot past Langfield into the corner. Game over.

Rangers 2 Celtic 2

A cracking game finished all square as Celtic behind 2-1 at HT down to 10 men fought back to equalize and were slighty unfortunate not to win it.

Rangers made a sensational start against a sleepy Celtic. After a corner was cleared Ness from well outside the area scored with a terrific strike into the top corner. Within a minute Kayal carelessly gave the ball away and Davis hit the bar with Celtic all at sea.

Celtic gradually began to get into it and Commons made it 1-1 after 16 minutes with a good finish after a fine cutback from Ledley. Very happy to be level at this stage. For about 20 minutes Celtic seemed to be in control but what was worrying was the careless play at times in defence. Majstorovic gave a hospital back pass to Forster instead of clearing. Forster took a touch and Jelavic charged down his clearance. Fortunately Forster dropped on it and danger was averted. As Rangers began to press Commons gave the ball away and Naismithn was put through. Majstorovic far too slow to see the danger I felt. Forster came out dived but Naismith was to quick for him. Forster stupidly took him down stonewall penalty and a sending off. He had forced Naismith wide and it is doubful if he would have stopped the ball from running out. At best he still would have had a lot to do. After a delay when Zaluska was introduced and Commons was taken off Whittaker finished emphatically to put Rangers 2-1 ahead at half time and Celtic down to 10.

As so often happens when a team is a man short Celtic began to show admirable fighting spirit and were dominating the game in the 2nd half. Samaras came on for Kayal and began to create problems.They kept pushing forward and were rewarded with a superb equaliser by Brown curling a superb ball into the corner of the net. Good to see him on the scoresheet but bad then to see him standing in front of Diouf with his arms in the air. I thought that type of gloating was disgusting and full marks to Diouf for not reacting. If the situations were reversed I could imagine the bitching and whining from Brown. Brown was booked by the referee who had an excellent game.

Rangers were almost ahead straight away but Davis just failed to reach the ball with an open goal. That apart Celtic were still dominating. With 15 minutes to go Rangers were down to 10 when Naismith got a 2nd yellow for diving. He had already been booked early on for a reckless challenge. McGregor made a terrific save from a Samaras header and the same player was flagged for offside incorrectly when through on goal.

So a titanic struggle ended all square and they will replay in a few weeks at Parkhead. I would say it is wide open. Thw winners will face Inverness Caley away in the 1/4 final.

Dundee United 1 Celtic 3:

Another win for the Bhoys which puts us 5 points ahead again having played 2 more games. There were a couple of pitch inspections after heavy overnight rain before the decision was made to go ahead. Apart from one corner which was badly cut up the pitch stood up well to the constant rain.

A bright start from both sides with Celtic having more possession and they grabbed the lead after 16 minutes. Stokes made a run on goal from a wide angle and his shot deflected off a defender for a fortunate opener. DU were by no means out of it and Forster had to make a smart block to deny them. Celtic were bossing the game and were constantly looking dangerous. They went 2-0 up in the 36th minute after a good move saw Brown cut the ball back to Wilson whose shot deflected in for a 2nd goal.It was again tinged with good fortune.He foolishly then got himself booked for a very brief celebration behind the goal. DU survived a barrage from Celtic in the last few minutes of the 1st half without futher loss.Though both goals were deflections Celtic deserved to be ahead on play. They had looked dangerous all the way through the half.

The first stage of the 2nd half saw DU giving as good as they were getting and they looked quite dangerous on occassion. They got back into the game from a free kick conceded by Wilson who might well have picked up a 2nd yellow. Majstorovic almost headed an og, Forster made a good block but was helpless when the ball deflected to Goodwillie who swept home from close range. Anything but comfortable now the home team had 72% possession in the next five minutes. Ki on as a sub lost the ball and Forster made an important block from Goodwillie with the ball going over the bar. Celtic began to assume command again and Hooper had a shot deflected by the goalie on to the post. In the 78th minute a Celtic free kick by Mulgrew was headed home by a diving Majstorovic to restore the 2 goal lead. That killed off a game DU and Hooper miskicked with the goal

at his mercy and had a goal disallowed for a dodgy offside in the closing minutes. Although Celtic enjoyed good fortune on a few occasions they were deserving winners.

So on to Parkhead for the next Old Firm instalment next Sunday with the title race very finely balanced.

That's us 17-1 against the 'sheep' this

season, Salty old son.

Now, if the Jambos can visit Ipox tonight

and get a result they'll take second spot.

How I would love to see that!

RIP Reamonn,

Turns out he was a brilliant academic and a genuine nice boy. Heart goes out to his family and friends. Hope the scum that did this get the maximum sentance.

Ahinkel

I'm hearing of a bar on Sukhumvit 23 that

has 'every' game on as it happens. If this

turns out then me, Mrs CelticBhoy and the

2 lads will head off for a nosey. Just waiting

for confirmation via sms. Fancy popping over

for a Singha or two with us, Salty old son?

I'm hearing of a bar on Sukhumvit 23 that

has 'every' game on as it happens. If this

turns out then me, Mrs CelticBhoy and the

2 lads will head off for a nosey. Just waiting

for confirmation via sms. Fancy popping over

for a Singha or two with us, Salty old son?

CB, Soi 23 passes by one end of Soi Cowboy does it not? This is the first February since 2002 that I am at home and not in Thailand. With CL matches in midweek I always said to little ladies in previous years I wish I could be beamed home as in Star Trek by Scotty for a couple of nights, so I could watch the matches in the evening rather than the middle of the night.

I am due to have a replacement knee op week after next and after that 2 weeks in nursing home so my viewing options will be severly curtailed for a few weeks. As regards Sunday let us hope for good news whereever we watch. :unsure: