Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Yea, good idea like the level playing fields in England,Spain, Germany.

If we were turning out players of the quality those countries are then I would be happy enough.

Have a think about it salty old son. wink.png

Oh wait a minute....you couldn't care less could you...?

I watched you beat Caley in the cup a few years ago up north....I wasn't surprised although you were <deleted> for most of the game.

Congratulations on willing a worthless league title. I am sure you are all proud of it.

I think we will be "willing" it for the next few years. Get used to it.

• Like 1

A 1-1 draw away to Ross County today. Celtic rested several regulars with an eye to the minefield of qualifying rounds for the Champions League beginning in early July. In a lively start they went ahead in the 4th minute after a corner when Stokes given far too much room was able to turn and blast home from close range when Ross County failed to clear initially. Celtic had the better of matters for the first 20 minutes but County began to come back into it. They equalised 5 minutes before half time when from a cut back free kick Vigurs curled a superb shot into the far top corner taking full advantage of a dozing Celtic defence. Celtic should have been ahead again on the stroke of halftime when Watt netted from close range but was incorrectly flagged for offside.

In contrast to the first half the 2nd half was much less eventful and as the half wore on Ross County looked more likely and Celtic had to survive some anxious moments in the closing stages before the game ended with honours even.

Celtic rested several regulars with an eye to the minefield of qualifying rounds for the Champions League beginning in early July.

Why has the winner of the SPL got to do the qualifying rounds?

I think poor performance in previous years.....although of course Celtic did well recently.

Meanwhile other countries have three in the pot directly.

Totally unfair of course.

Neil Lennon 5/1 3rd favourite as of now for the Everton job behind Roberto Martinez 6/4 and V Pereira (Porto Manager). Di Matteo and Mark Hughes 14/1 and Michael Laudrup 16/1. To say I am surprised is putting it mildly.

With survival for Wigan looking unlikely you would imagine Martinez would not turn it down if offered.

A 4-0 win over St Johnstone at Parkhead was a fitting display on the day we collected the League trophy.

Celtic ahead after just over a minute. Terrific strike from Joe Ledley though St Johnstone will be aggrieved a clear handball by Hooper just before was not picked up by the officials. Celtic were well on top for most of the game. Mulgrew from a free kick had Celtic 2 up at half time. Fine 3rd goal by Forrest early in the 2nd half who then missed an easier chance soon after. In the closing minutes an og from a Mulgrew corner.

Congrats to Shaun Moloney and Gary Caldwell who won FA Cup medals with Wigan at Wembley today.

A 4-0 win over St Johnstone at Parkhead was a fitting display on the day we collected the League trophy.

Celtic ahead after just over a minute. Terrific strike from Joe Ledley though St Johnstone will be aggrieved a clear handball by Hooper just before was not picked up by the officials. Celtic were well on top for most of the game. Mulgrew from a free kick had Celtic 2 up at half time. Fine 3rd goal by Forrest early in the 2nd half who then missed an easier chance soon after. In the closing minutes an og from a Mulgrew corner.

Congrats to Shaun Moloney and Gary Caldwell who won FA Cup medals with Wigan at Wembley today.

Yeah you played well today.

Celtic finished the league campaign with a 4-0 win at Dundee Utd. A 3 goal blitz in the first 30 minutes settled the game (Commons 11, Samaras 17&27). Stokes on as a sub got No 4 in the 85th minute.

You would hope this Celtic turn up next Sunday, but they have been anything but assured so far in the Cup.

Hibernian 0 Celtic 3

Celtic completed the double at Hampden Park today. Hibs made a lively start and nearly went ahead in 6 minutes. Doyle met a cross with a firm header but Forster made a full length block to deny him. Within 2 minutes Celtic were ahead . Stokes chased a ball towards the touch line which was poorly cleared after a cross from the opposite side. He whipped in a superb cross and Hooper took advantage to turn it in at the far post. From a Hibs point of view it was a poor effort to cut out the cross and an element of ball watching. Celtic took a grip on the game, Stokes shot into the side netting, Ledley had a good chance but made poor contact and Williams saved. Celtic's doubled the lead in 31 minutes when Commons set Stokes away and he whipped in another terrific cross which Hooper finished with a header back across goal. Again a poor attempt to prevent the cross. To add to Hibs woes Griffiths was showing signs of the injury that had made him a doubtful starter. He resumed after treatment and reached a ball almost on the end line but he had no angle and his effort rolled harmlessly across the goalmouth.

Celtic were well in control at half time.

Hibs made a decent start to the 2nd half but were unable to trouble Celtic. The goal they needed never looked likely and the 2nd half was by and large uneventful. Celtic without being brilliant were cruising and they wrapped it up with 10 minutes to go. Lustig burst down the right and his cross was scrambled away only to Ledley who finished emphatically for the 3rd.

So Celtic completed the double and given their CL exploits it has to be considered an excellent season. It remains to be seen if they will lose some of their marquee players for next season which is only about 6 weeks away with the first round of CL qualifiers.

• Like 1

A very fine final report of the season there Salty old son. And a fine score to go with it. Getting the double is fantastic. Me and Mrs CB will get the treble this July as the doctor has confirmed by ultrasound that we are having our third son! Looking forward to that and a new season. Have a great summer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Celtic drawn against Cliftonville of Northern Ireland in 2nd qualifying round. Although it will hardly be a stern test the worrying aspect of the game is Belfast is that it gives an opportunity for the scum of both persuasions to create trouble. I doubt if the PNSI will be jumping for joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh come on CB. These guys have played a few recent campaigns in the CL. There are from Transylvania. Not sure whether Dracula supports them but I hope the Bhoys stayed in the hotel at night.whistling.gif

• Like 1

CB, I believe the next one up is Union Berlin. I can pronounce that one so things are getting better already.rolleyes.gif

So Victor Wanyama transfer gone through. A great bit of business for Celtic.

Like all Celts I would wish him well. I fear he may struggle a bit as he can be ponderous in possession.