Scamp's Next .....................

nogutsnoapplepie

You're awful opinionated for someone with three posts.

Thank you. How many posts do I need before I can make an opinion? Is there a set number? Some people really don't like newbies here do they.

You should comment on my opinion, ie. whether you think it is right or wrong, not comment on whether I should be allowed to voice my opinion or not.

For your information despite hardly any posts I have been reading about Scamp and the thaivisa forum in general for a long time now.

I just got a polite warning from FTH about personal flaming so I take the bit back about full of shXt and publicy announce my apology for that, I see now it's against the forum rules.

I do still wish I was that skint though! :o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a life,

Scamps got a tough go of it, and sure a lot of it his making, but no reason to hit a brother when he's down. That's my only point. It's easy to mock and be self righteous until you're in a similar situation.

That said, congrats on your 4th post. With 3 and a warning, you as well need all the encouragement you can get. :o

That's a real problem with flaming. If I say "Scamp is full of shit" then it's taken to be a personal flame. However, it has to be said that, having read about him over several months and what he appears to be saying about what's going on, I think that a lot of what comes out of him IS shit!

Now when does a valid opinion based on lots of evidence, both from those who know him and what he's been typing, become a personal flame?

Will I get warned for typing this? Will I get banned for it? Who decides what's a valid comment and what's breaking the rules? Will the decision differ from mod to mod?

What a life,

Scamps got a tough go of it, and sure a lot of it his making, but no reason to hit a brother when he's down. That's my only point. It's easy to mock and be self righteous until you're in a similar situation.

That said, congrats on your 4th post. With 3 and a warning, you as well need all the encouragement you can get.  :D

I follow what your saying, and I'm not being self righteous. I have been in similar and worse positions many times and am as critical of myself as I am of others.

I don't think he's having it that tough though is he? Most posts by him do generally have a reference to being in the pub, being hungover, or going out for a drink in the South of Thailand. That's not the worse position in the world. If he's got money for a drink then he's got money for food and shelter and I'm pretty sure that if he spent a little less time down the pub then it would be easy enough for him to find a decent job and the life he wants in this country.

He could quite easily pick himself up and sort himself out, it's not that hard unless the drinking really is a more serious problem, a lot of people over here do go that way.

I hope for his sake he does sort himself out, perhaps an occaisional kick is what he needs, as oppose to all the pats on the back and the "it'll be alright scamp" stuff. It will not be alright unless he makes it alright.

The mockery and the drinking jokes whilst travelling round Thailand is kinda funny and kinda true I think, no need to treat him with kid's gloves all the time.

Anyways, not sure if this is flaming of another member (having your member flamed, ouch! :o ), so I better lay off it before I get a less polite warning on my 5th post!

:o:D:D:D

Where did the drink idea come from???

P.S. It's true that most of what comes out of me is shit, though I'd put urine a close second.

Drinking alcohol also adds a horrendous side affect to my heat rash causing days of itching and red blotches, so it's not in my interests to be pissed everyday - from member benevolence or otherwise.

hmm, hes been drunk in Hua hin, then down to Phuket for a bit more drinking, and now Samui for another drink, travelling round Thailand on the pXss with always that same "1000 baht left".  Wish I was that skint.  :D

He'll be in the maldives next week looking for work.  Or is there no thaivisa members there? lol. :D

For a guy that is trying really really hard (honest guv) to find work in Thailand, seems to spend a lot of time in the pub.  I think most people have worked out on here that he's full of shXt.

Where did that come from??? :o:D:D

From What a life

I have little to add only this..

When I heard Scampy was down locally and knowing Tornado well (who spoke nicely of him) I told him to hook up for a drink.. He replied citing lack of funds and I offered a night on me anyway which was declined due to not wanting to be a bludger..

If he was as bad as he is being painted he would have taken me up on the offer and bludged away...

Also it is easy to say simply go home but theres a lot to stop you.. I left england when I was about 19 or so and apart from a couple of visits I have not been back.. I dont intend to and there would be no point in me doing so (what possible benefit is here to being there.. No job, no connections, vastly increased cost of living, social secirity payments that I could drink in a night.. Forget it)...

I have also been sleeping on the streets in Europe.. Robbed of everything I posessed during Mardi Gras in N Orleans.. and had many other charachter building situations while isolated and without support..

With the right attitude you CAN pull through, Thailand is not an easy country to make a buck in but it is possible.. Personally if I was really on my ass I would head for Oz (or maybee US) where casual wrk is ok paid and easy to find..

Igotworms and I are movie buffs.

He's seen more than me but we've both seen the film 'Cool Runnings' which is about a Jamaican bobsleigh team competing in the Calgary Winter Olympics.

What does this have to do with Thailand I hear you ask?

Well, Don Chale who was the movies lighting director on the Calgary team, his brother has a Thai wife - she's from Khon Kaen.

Ha! You're one up on me for obscure Thai-related trivia. That's some hilarious stuff. I've done some research, and the brother's Thai wife, Mrs. Kwang (Steven) Chale was born in Chiang Mai but was raised in Khon Kaen.

Oh, speaking of John candy films, have you given Planes, Trains and Automobiles a chance yet?

The bloke seems to be on his back, metaphorically if not in actuality, and appears to have been so for some time now. It's OK saying "Don't kick a bloke when he's down" but sometimes that's the only way to get him to his feet. what a life made, I think, some perfectly valid observations and his opinions ring true, not only about scamp but also for a lot of others I've physically known over the years, and why would scamp be substantially different from them?

The old saying "If you're in a hole stop digging" rings true for what I've gleaned from the posts over the months. Perhaps it's time for scamp to call it a day and find another hole. In the meantime Blighty is the obvious choice as they CAN'T refuse him shelter, food and enough funds to at least survive without cadging off others. Use the opportunity to build up a wad and then give it another try. Of course, if Plod is waiting for a 'chat' then it may not be such a good move. :o

My only regrets about the six week struggle in Phuket are as follows...

1: That Tornado and I had that fall out.

2: That I didn't meet LivinInLOS or re-meet Igotworms.

3: That I fell asleep whilst having sexual intercourse with that Soi Eric bargirl with the silicone boobies and the cowboy hat.

All in all it was a life building experience and I will remember it far better than I would remember sitting in the local JobCentre reading a rain flecked Daily Mirror and waiting for my name to be called.

Last night I landed the best job I could possibly find over here.

Today I move into a five star hotel and I start work as soon as the wk permit comes through.

I will on a set wage, which is paid weekly, and the pay is almost too good to be true... Weekly it is what the avarage teacher earns in a month.

The job will last only three months. (In Thailand)

Oh yes my friends, followers and detractors with selective memories - things are finally looking up for Scampy. :o

My only regrets about the six week struggle in Phuket are as follows...

1: That Tornado and I had that fall out.

2: That I didn't meet LivinInLOS or re-meet Igotworms.

3: That I fell asleep whilst having sexual intercourse with that Soi Eric bargirl with the silicone boobies and the cowboy hat.

All in all it was a life building experience and I will remember it far better than I would remember sitting in the local JobCentre reading a rain flecked Daily Mirror and waiting for my name to be called.

Last night I landed the best job I could possibly find over here.

Today I move into a five star hotel and I start work as soon as the wk permit comes through.

I will on a set wage, which is paid weekly, and the pay is almost too good to be true... Weekly it is what the avarage teacher earns in a month.

The job will last only three months. (In Thailand)

Oh yes my friends, followers and detractors with selective memories - things are finally looking up for Scampy. :o

Good for you Scampy. I hope it all works out for you. The best of British luck :D

Last Night was good, I met Scampy, Tornado, Nogutsnoapplepie and his Thai boyfriend (French Fannies) - Bangkok seems to shut early these days and I went home. I saw Tornado leave and Scampy, noguts and hubby went into a Katoey pub for a lock in.

Nice guys BTW.

Last Night was good, I met Scampy, Tornado, Nogutsnoapplepie and his Thai boyfriend - Bangkok seems to shut early these days and I went home. I saw Tornado leave and Scampy, noguts and hubby went into a Katoey pub for a lock in.

Nice guys BTW.

Ahhh,lamb chops.

Hi French Fannies, it was great to meet you and your boyfriend (Nogutsnoapplepie) last night. I enjoyed the night and say hello to Scampy for me. :o Your a very nice man.

Last Night was good, I met Scampy, Tornado, Nogutsnoapplepie and his Thai boyfriend (French Fannies) - Bangkok seems to shut early these days and I went home. I saw Tornado leave and Scampy, noguts and hubby went into a Katoey pub for a lock in.

Nice guys BTW.

Jeeez ... is Scampy into a bit of the other ? Batting for the other team :o

i think scamp takes what he can get doc :D

Bit harsh DN.

True noguts, but funny though :D, no harm intended

i think scamp takes what he can get doc :D

Up on his knees for his friends ... or is he perchance a giver rather than a receiver ?

Maybe now whe now why he had a fight in phuket with tornado ??? :D:o

I remember celebrating my new found sucess with nogutsnoapplepie, and Tornado, and as far as I can recall, French Fannies - who at some point in the evening spilled his calamari and his beans. :D

I (Scampy) have have woken alone for the past three weeks but this is not due to any transitional chnage in (sexual) identity - more to do with the fact that any women interested had a better offer at the 11th hour, which was probably more than my e-mail address, a beaker of tepid Sprite and a lift home which was all I had to offer at the time, but all that will change.

Celibacy is good for the soul, not to mention the tissue manufacturers.

:o

Just remembered - I have no soul because I sold it on E-Bay last week which is how I got the cash to fly back to Bangers, not to mention get a round in last night. :D

Yes really...  Scampy actually got the beers in.  :o

Try to maintain dignity Scamp. This isn't a good example.

Speedy correction Doc.

Just remembered - I have no soul because I sold it on E-Bay last week which is how I got the cash to fly back to Bangers, not to mention get a round in last night. :D

Yes really...  Scampy actually got the beers in.  :D

Come on Doc old son, it's a start. :o

Yes really...  Scampy actually got the beers in.  :D

Come on Doc old son, it's a start. :o

You are heir apparent to being a superstar Scampy. Superstars are discrete :D