Free Water Bill

Thai at Heart

Just received the water bill, and written on the bottom of it was that the government will pay it until January. Anyone else have the same strange phenomenon?

Whilst I am enormously grateful for the generosity of the Thai goverment, I would rather you fixed the bloody massive pothole in the road outside.

the government are to cover electricity bills under 80 units, or something like this, I didn't know about water bills, but it is likely to be on a threshold basis too. Unfortunately my bills are 600 baht a month, most probably over threshold....... TaH, what is your normal usage?

the government are to cover electricity bills under 80 units, or something like this, I didn't know about water bills, but it is likely to be on a threshold basis too. Unfortunately my bills are 600 baht a month, most probably over threshold....... TaH, what is your normal usage?

It came in at 400 and something and we run a pretty big house. I can understand wanting to help the really needy, but believe me, no one in our moobhan needs the cash that badly.

I don't care what they do, but doesn't seem like much of a real benefit if my bill is this much, the maid's is probably about 50 baht but in the words of Tesco's "every little helps".

It's no breaking news.

The fact that nobody talked about it before says a lot of who's posting here !

Exactly.

Covered many times already.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Water-Bill-t203798.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Water-Bill-S...se-t205713.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Free-Water-t205528.html

It's no breaking news.

Please keep up Pierrot: :o

It's no breaking news.

Please keep up Pierrot: :o

You're right, :D

Apologies, too, but since people were writing about this in early July, how come it took until now for here to get to zero. Obvioulsy money doesn't filter up country that fast.

I'm not retracting my apologizes, obviously I should have read more carefully the other threads before making any comments, but what had me confused is that all threads are dated August but we received a note informing us of this matter in July.

Actually at the time, I was quite surprised that nobody in TV mentioned this fact because in my “village” we don’t really need it, people spend more in gas for their car in one day than for water in 6 month.

So I should have make this comment one month ago :o

... Actually at the time, I was quite surprised that nobody in TV mentioned this fact because in my “village” we don’t really need it, people spend more in gas for their car in one day than for water in 6 month...

Indeed. And I just hope the government stop this silliness before the dry season next year. There must be other ways to help the poor (and strange how many farangs appear to be getting their water for free :o ) than encouraging them to waste water.

They could subsidise the price of rice, for example, but that would probably be much more expensive to implement, and much easier for the government's money to go "astray". :D

Just this hour received my electricity bill.

Electricity used, inc VAT, 380 Baht.

Subsidised by local government office, 190 Baht.

Remainder for me to pay 190 Baht.

So a resounding THANK YOU for the mutton head who came up with this. At the end, unless the Thais have come up with a means of producing electricity out of thin air, somebody has to pay.

Now tell me who has the worst populist policies, Samak or Frank?

... Actually at the time, I was quite surprised that nobody in TV mentioned this fact because in my “village” we don’t really need it, people spend more in gas for their car in one day than for water in 6 month...

Indeed. And I just hope the government stop this silliness before the dry season next year. There must be other ways to help the poor (and strange how many farangs appear to be getting their water for free :o ) than encouraging them to waste water.

They could subsidise the price of rice, for example, but that would probably be much more expensive to implement, and much easier for the government's money to go "astray". :D

Well technically my wife is getting her electricity for free, since I am not allowed to own the house, lest we forget.