PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protesters will be dispersed in 24 hours: Gov't spokesman

BANGKOK: - Police are expected to complete clearing protesters off the grounds of Government House within 24 hours, government spokesman Wichianchot Sukchotrat said on Tuesday.

"Government House will open for business no later than Wednesday and everything will be backed to normal in 24 hours," he said, voicing confidence that police could evict protesters.

The crowds would be dispersed and the prime minister deems the situation unwarranted to declare a state of emergency, he said.

-- The Nation 2008-08-26

People don't get it? There will be NO VIOLENCE. If the violence was to take place, it would have been before they seized the government house.

We are already in the end game. Samak is just negotiating his resignation at the moment and trying to play any remaining cards he has left in the deck.

Since this has happened Samak has said and done little to nothing. There is nothing for him to do. He is finished.

Protesters will be dispersed in 24 hours: Gov't spokesman

BANGKOK: - Police are expected to complete clearing protesters off the grounds of Government House within 24 hours, government spokesman Wichianchot Sukchotrat said on Tuesday.

"Government House will open for business no later than Wednesday and everything will be backed to normal in 24 hours," he said, voicing confidence that police could evict protesters.

The crowds would be dispersed and the prime minister deems the situation unwarranted to declare a state of emergency, he said.

-- The Nation 2008-08-26

Sure it will :o

People don't get it? There will be NO VIOLENCE. If the violence was to take place, it would have been before they seized the government house.

We are already in the end game. Samak is just negotiating his resignation at the moment and trying to play any remaining cards he has left in the deck.

Since this has happened Samak has said and done little to nothing. There is nothing for him to do. He is finished.

Do you know much about Samak's personal history?

Civil disobedience is not to be tolerated, it leads to anarchy. Sometimes you need the 'burning skull" bridgade to stand between them and you, but we are used to being looked upon as thugs until you are the one being threatened.

Civil disobedience is not to be tolerated - I only thought dictators had this point of view.

Sometimes you need the 'burning skull" bridgade to stand between them and you, but we are used to being looked upon as thugs until you are the one being threatened. - A thug is a thug is a thug.

I won't be responding to you any more as you are obviously trolling.

Well, I'm not but I'll miss your precious posts.

I put gymshark on ignore hours ago!

If you don't believe there are conspiracies inside conspiracies in this place,

you've spent to much time bellied up to the bar.

Miltary reshuffle coming up. Thaksin's guys in old guard out

They are about to take 75+ BILLION of Thaksin's money...

Not a trigger eh?

And courts are breathing down the necks of most all the government people.

In most cases for good cause too.

Kuhn Newin banned from politics is one of the gang of four..

Hmmm good ban eh. PAD no doubt feels they are still cleaning house.

Right or wrong.

Remember the Caravan of the Poor attacking the Nation.

I can't imagine that PAD rank and file hasn't been well infiltrated by moles

waiting to instigate violence and cause a dust up.

Sure PAD sent their people out to protest,

but a few guys is all it takes to create a mob mentality

and off it spins out of control.

The PAD leaders are playing catch up as inteligence info comes in.

I think the PPP side is playing them, as well as they are over reaching.

Thaksins money about to go bye bye is a major trigger in this make no mistake.

76 billion baht is worth a lot to some people. Enough to throw several million

at a last gasp try to regain control.

Naw, there are no conspiracies in Thailand. Who could imagine such a thing....?

And no I don't think Bush did 9/11, but he has milked it for all it's worth

at the expense of the american people. I couldn't be happier than to see his backside.

Seeing him an Samak in the same photo almost made my gag.

When you buy an election and step on toes,

the feet attached will eventually kick back.

The people of Issan and the rest of the north have

been played as pawns and puppets, and it still goes on.

Playing them was the cheapest route to power,

and now that power is being reapportioned.

Hopefully the little people will still get a decent slice of the pie.

I'm laughing in listening to Samak's rambling explanation...

He started by admitting that Thaksin had returned to the country "a little early"...

He's portraying the PAD movement as just the work of a handful of people who have "seduced" all their followers....and restated the protesters have been ordered out as of 6 pm today...

He's saying he won't resign, and his govt didnt do anything wrong...

He's also talking about dealing with the protesters at Govt. House "soft and gentle" by blocking new people coming in, surrounding them with police and not having any "spark" to more confrontation....

"We think by tomorrow morning we can finish..."

Does anyone understand what Samak is trying to say? Geez...

He's not so bad - did you ever hear Thaksin speaking in "English"? :o

Thaksin's speech turning down foreign aid for the tsunami must be somewhere... And it was pretty poor.

You and your father in law are talking complete and utter crap. My Thai husband is there, Thai friends have been there off and on, when they can spare the time, and NOT ONE OF THEM GETS PAID A SINGLE SATUNG. They are there because they feel passionately about the future of Thailand the the continuing pillage of their country by Taksin and Samak.

That's the stuff, Tamsin! About time those greedy swine (T & S) were shoved out, time for new snouts to have a turn at the trough of corruption!

Deary me, nobody ever said that there weren't some real hard-core PADites leading the mob (but does your husband really believe in ending democratic elections in favour of an appointed, military-approved oligarchy?), but don't deceive yourself into thinking that the numbers aren't swollen by thousands of paid helpers!

Oh oh, he's done it now.

He didn't know the English name of PAD - so he asked someone to translate... then he said "I don't know what is wrong with these Buddhist people"... referring of course to Chamlong, but the faux pas is unmistakable.

He also treaded very close to lese majeste... his head is getting the better of him but his brain and tongue can't keep up...

It's the top story on the Beeb's International page now. And as usual, it takes the BBC to call things accurately. Calling a spade and spade..Here's an excerpt.

BBC>

This is a mass protest movement with a difference, according to the BBC correspondent in Bangkok, Jonathan Head.

Despite the name, the People's Alliance for Democracy is actually campaigning for an end to democracy, arguing that in Thailand Western-style elections have only led to corrupt and ineffective governments.

Instead, it wants a largely appointed parliament, and a legalised role for the military as a kind of referee in Thai politics, our correspondent adds.

I reckon if that's what it wants, then Thailand will need to change its name to Burma, eh?

I am sure the BBC is properly providing unbiased news. </sarcasm>

BBC is not wrong I read the following articles in the Bankok Post

General News [TEXT]

Topic & Description Published

THAI RATH EDITORIAL :

Category : TEXT / General News 9 Jul 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> SHORT TEXT <

(Full-text contains 273 words)

The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has called for "New Politics," an obscure proposal that is stirring heated debate in the country.

Topic & Description Published

The charade of Sondhi's 'New Politics'

Category : TEXT / General News 8 Jul 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> SHORT TEXT <

(Full-text contains 1326 words)

No longer content with the old slogan of "Thaksin Tid Khook, Samak Awk Pai" (Thaksin in gaol, Samak get out), Sondhi Limthongkul, the core leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), has called for "New Politics".

Found these short text with search but don't want to spend the time tobuy the full text. If somebody has old copies of the post they couls scan them

Samak's well into his speech (in 'English') to the foreign media out-lining his views concerning today's developments.

He's talking about huge numbers of up-country police officers converging on government house and the possibility of a siege.

He sounds so 'sincere' and 'earnest' in his commentary.

Now Samak's turning on a foreign reporter who had the temerity to suggest he was a proxy for Thaksin.

And so the nationally televised BS continues!

Edited by bulmercke

If you don't believe there are conspiracies inside conspiracies in this place,

you've spent to much time bellied up to the bar.

Miltary reshuffle coming up. Thaksin's guys in old guard out

They are about to take 75+ BILLION of Thaksin's money...

Not a trigger eh?

And courts are breathing down the necks of most all the government people.

In most cases for good cause too.

Kuhn Newin banned from politics is one of the gang of four..

Hmmm good ban eh. PAD no doubt feels they are still cleaning house.

Right or wrong.

Remember the Caravan of the Poor attacking the Nation.

I can't imagine that PAD rank and file hasn't been well infiltrated by moles

waiting to instigate violence and cause a dust up.

Sure PAD sent their people out to protest,

but a few guys is all it takes to create a mob mentality

and off it spins out of control.

The PAD leaders are playing catch up as inteligence info comes in.

I think the PPP side is playing them, as well as they are over reaching.

Thaksins money about to go bye bye is a major trigger in this make no mistake.

76 billion baht is worth a lot to some people. Enough to throw several million

at a last gasp try to regain control.

Naw, there are no conspiracies in Thailand. Who could imagine such a thing....?

And no I don't think Bush did 9/11, but he has milked it for all it's worth

at the expense of the american people. I couldn't be happier than to see his backside.

Seeing him an Samak in the same photo almost made my gag.

When you buy an election and step on toes,

the feet attached will eventually kick back.

The people of Issan and the rest of the north have

been played as pawns and puppets, and it still goes on.

Playing them was the cheapest route to power,

and now that power is being reapportioned.

Hopefully the little people will still get a decent slice of the pie.

I'm just playing the devil's advocate right now. So if Samak resigns or is deposed tonight the PPP is behind it? Is that what your saying? I thinking you may be watching a different government crisis. I think the military will intervene if there is a confrontation between the PAD and the police who should have arrest warrants for the "big five" PAD guys by now. The military will step in for the same reason they did last time. That was to prevent violence. Same deal with different players. I hope the new interim government will be a bit more productive than the last one. Please don't kill the messenger.

Can I ask a simple question ?

Why is it that Gymshark has so much to say today ?

Today's postings so far :-

..............Member Joined ...Total Member Posts..... Posts Today........... % of today's posts

gymshark 2008-06-03 ............400 ..........................89 ..................3.84%

george ... 2002-11-20 ...........19,896....................... 49 ...................2.11%

Classifieds 20.07-09-23 ........7,851......................... 37 ....................1.59%

LOL, yeah I was wondering that myself!

LOL wouldn't be beyond the pale for

some interests to try and sway the fahrang point of view'.

Moles within conspiracies within fortune cookies.

It might fit some nationalist agenda that Farhangs

need to be cleaned out for 'fomenting revolution'.

There is a long history of 'official Thailand' demonizing

all 'non Thais' as an effort in 'nation building'.

Khemers, Burmese, Mallays and of course whites and blacks.

Only the converted Chinese seem to get a pass.

Sad isn't it, show concern,

but for the wrong side, and bye bye.

Opinions are not always welcome it seems.

Look how welcome PAD's opinions are in some quarters.

Who's the control freaks, who are the observers,

and who's just going along for the ride!

Can I ask a simple question ?

Why is it that Gymshark has so much to say today ?

Today's postings so far :-

..............Member Joined ...Total Member Posts..... Posts Today........... % of today's posts

gymshark 2008-06-03 ............400 ..........................89 ..................3.84%

george ... 2002-11-20 ...........19,896....................... 49 ...................2.11%

Classifieds 20.07-09-23 ........7,851......................... 37 ....................1.59%

LOL, yeah I was wondering that myself!

LOL wouldn't be beyond the pale for

some interests to try and sway the fahrang point of view'.

Moles within conspiracies within fortune cookies.

It might fit some nationalist agenda that Farhangs

need to be cleaned out for 'fomenting revolution'.

There is a long history of 'official Thailand' demonizing

all 'non Thais' as an effort in 'nation building'.

Khemers, Burmese, Mallays and of course whites and blacks.

Only the converted Chinese seem to get a pass.

Sad isn't it, show concern,

but for the wrong side, and bye bye.

Opinions are not always welcome it seems.

Look how welcome PAD's opinions are in some quarters.

Who's the control freaks, who are the observers,

and who's just going along for the ride!

The once great Whitney Houston said it best, "Crack is whack!"

Samak just finished up his English news conference...a bit past 6:30 pm...

Among other things...beyond those already cited above...

He ducked a question on what he thought of Thaksin's claims about bias in the Thai judiciary... "For me..I must keep my mouth shut.... Feel for my difficulties not to ask about the court."

He replied to the question about whether he was Thaksin's "proxy"... "When he asked me to hold the flag, I hold the flag." But he said since then he runs the show himself. "I use my own ability to be the leader of the party."

And... he said the PAD leaders want the military to stage another coup, but said that will not happen.

He also said he had the Thai people on his side... "I touch with the people. I know what they think," he said, referring to 30,000 or 40,000 demonstrators out of 63 million Thais...

You and your father in law are talking complete and utter crap. My Thai husband is there, Thai friends have been there off and on, when they can spare the time, and NOT ONE OF THEM GETS PAID A SINGLE SATUNG. They are there because they feel passionately about the future of Thailand the the continuing pillage of their country by Taksin and Samak.

That's the stuff, Tamsin! About time those greedy swine (T & S) were shoved out, time for new snouts to have a turn at the trough of corruption!

Deary me, nobody ever said that there weren't some real hard-core PADites leading the mob (but does your husband really believe in ending democratic elections in favour of an appointed, military-approved oligarchy?), but don't deceive yourself into thinking that the numbers aren't swollen by thousands of paid helpers!

How very cynical.

Do you have (no, really) Do you have any evidence, at all, for this last statement? I've just posted my personal experience. Where is your's. Nah. Didn't think you had any. Ignorant stupid post.

Samak wasn't offended when the journalist asked if he was a proxy, he just didn't seem to fully understand and went round in circles talking about carrying the flag and someone having to rally.

Between the lines of what he said, his plan is clearly to surround the protesters until they get hungry ... then he's going to cook dinner for them and send them all home with a pat on the back and a 'mai pen rai' in their ear. No harm done ...