Allergies And English Books On Phuket

DonaldFreeman

Hi

New on Phuket 6 months ago and 2 unrelated questions:

1) The past 2 weeks my kids and I have been sneezing and I have even had almost asthma, usually from allergies back home but have not had them here yet.

Are there things blooming now or is it the humidity I am allergic too?. Anyone else sneezing?

2) We live in Rawai and would like to find books in English to read to our kids and I would like

English literature books (Dickens, Walt Whitman, etc... ) the classics or autobiographies. I know that may be asking for a lot but if you know am in need of some inspiring books to read. (Library or buy)

Thank you in advance,

RE allergies there might be something in the air I dont' know.

At any Pharmacy you can get zyrtec over the counter (good indoor/outdoor once a day allergy pill)

and at most you can get an inhailer. I just showed them my old one and asked for a refill. no problem (did this at the tesco pharmacy)

Books:

B2S Central

B2S Jungceylon

Next door to swensons and boots at the front of jungceylon there is an internation book store

closer to your neck of the woods coming form chalong circle towards town on Chaofa Rd East. on the left hand side of the street there is a used book store with a pretty good selection.

and your last option if you can find a free /copyright free (e.g. OLD text) on the internet. there are coppy shops that could print up and bind the book for you at just about the cost of buying it in a store

Try the second hand book shop near the turning to Phuket Zoo.Don't know if they have the classics but they have thousands of English language books

There is an even bigger 2nd hand bookshop in Phuket Town called South Wind Books not far from the market round about, (I think the name of the street is Phang-nga Rd -it's one -way) 'Tis a great shop but it's not easy to find books in, as shelves are packed and the aisles are narrow, however the effort is worth it as there are some treasures to be found amongst the dust & gloom. (and you get money back on any books returned in good condition when buying again.

This place has helped preserve my sanity during many a rainy season :o