Samak Will Announce Resignation Thursday Morning?

george

How many lessons and chances need this buffalo PM to understand?

Unbelievable, I was about sure that he would announce his resignation, which is way overdue. But again the same "democracy bla bla". Before this guy talks about democracy he should return the money for vote buying back to the Thai taxpayers!

Sick of Samak! :o

"I am going to stay in office, and protect democracy."

Isn't that a joke?! This guy is nuts!

Well, if by protecting democracy he means for the democratically elected official to remain in office and not bow to mob rule, then yes, it looks like he is protecting democracy.

Well, if by protecting democracy he means the way Augusto Pinochet protected Chilean democracy, then yes, it looks like he is protecting democracy.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM is talking now on radio............

Samak began talking, I asked wife what he s saying. "Bullsh!t!"

After the speech, I asked again what'd he say? "Bullsh!t"

What was it all about? Sounded pre-recorded, not live at all.

It was broadcasted live on all TV stations

But Audio only. There was a still photo of him displayed on the screen while he was talking.

I don't think that this is an important issue to argue about...

LOL Probably because it is not something you agree about. Does kind of make you wonder why this was radio and not TV - of which even TV can be taped... Was it live or was it Memorex?

The Thai telecomunications unions have stated that they may cut off international communications in sympathy with the current protests.

If that happens the internet functions may well go down in Thailand.

It is also a possibility that communications with banks outside thailand may be affected.

If that happens, ATM use and the use of plastic to pay at the till point may be disrupted for Ex-pats and visitors.

As a precautionary measure, I will be drawing the maximum cash I can from an ATM this morning.

Other people who depend on their home bank accounts may consider doing likewise.

This may not happen... but it is a remote possibility.

Unbelievable, I was about sure that he would announce his resignation, which is way overdue. But again the same "democracy bla bla". Before this guy talks about democracy he should return the money for vote buying back to the Thai taxpayers!

Well, if by protecting democracy he means for the democratically elected official to remain in office and not bow to mob rule, then yes, it looks like he is protecting democracy.

Well, if by protecting democracy he means the way Augusto Pinochet protected Chilean democracy, then yes, it looks like he is protecting democracy.

I hardly see how a military dictator who overthrew the chilean government compares to a lawfully elected prime minster in Thailand. Troll on, PAD man.

For the 774th time. He wasn't 'democratically elected'. He didn't get nearly enough votes and had to form a coalition with the other ones who were not 'democratically elected'.

I hardly see how a military dictator who overthrew the chilean government compares to a lawfully elected prime minster in Thailand. Troll on, PAD man.

I don't support PAD. 1976, 1993.

Read your Thai history, dope.

Edited by erobando

He wasn't 'lawfully elected' either.

The Thai telecomunications unions have stated that they may cut off international communications in sympathy with the current protests.

It is also a possibility that communications with banks outside thailand may be affected.

If that happens, ATM use and the use of plastic to pay at the till point may be disrupted for Ex-pats and visitors.

As a precautionary measure, I will be drawing the maximum cash I can from an ATM this morning.

Other people who depend on their home bank accounts may consider doing likewise.

Good idea. I wonder if another thread should be started to discuss such issues. I am not complaining about off topic. Just think it is important.

His opinion is no more or less valid than your claim of a lawfully elected prime minister DAADy.

He wasn't 'lawfully elected' either.

and a proxy too...

I think the big question is..Where does it all go now.?

Samak is not going to resign..the PAD are'nt going anywhere soon.

Are we going to see tanks on the streets.? Airports,electricity,water and the like impeded doing their business.?

Interesting and worrying time ahead I feel.

Froggs

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

but that was newsworthy enough for the newspapers at least.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

People who vote for the likes of Samak and Thaksin are the uneducated masses and as long as Thailand does nothing to improve the educational system in this country (standards and access to a full 12 years of school), nothing will change. The elite like to keep the upcountry folks dumb to keep them down, but what the elite get in return is the likes of Samak and Thaksin running the country.

You have hit the nail square on the head.

A very big percentage of village people have never gotten much further than the next couple of villages. They know zip about democracy or how a democracy works.

While they continue to sell their votes nothing is gonna change any time soon. Not in my life time (nor my children's either)

I am having to restrain myself from using several 4 letter words in this reply.

I am so tired of people that call the rural people uneducated, dumb and etc.

In reality it makes a lot of you appear uneducated.

And now I read the following statement.

"A very big percentage of village people have never gotten much further than the next couple of villages."

I am sure that there are many on this forum that has never been to or much less live in a small village.

How long has the rural areas been sending its children to work in Bangkok and to other parts of the country to work. Many are now middle aged along with others that have returned.

They do know about democracy and through their experience away from the village have realized how unequal thins are here. They have seen areas that have good roads, irrigation systems, water systems that work, telephones, better health care, better schools and much more.

That is why they are voting for a party that has made efforts to end the inequality.

In jest I have told my wife that we don't have good roads here because a lot of people in Bangkok think we still ride Buffalos so we don't even need roads. But at times I really do think it's true.

Edited by ubonjoe

1- Why would he announce his resignation on radio only?

2- Is he going abroad?

3- Address the nation at 7: 30 am?

4- Tej resigns in a hurry.

Something definitely going on.

Are they planning on removing the PAD tonight and arresting all 9 leaders?

"PM Samak Sundaravej is scheduled to give an interview on FM 92.5 on the current political crisis tomorrow at 7.30 a.m. "

maybe he thinks, if he resigns at 7.30, just on FM 92.5 PAD is going home, but the rest of Thailand is still sleeping or not hearing radio, so they don't notice it and he can remain as premier??

What a pair of wally's.

The PM gives a radio address because the average honest, hard working Thai is NOT still in bed and does NOT have a television. They have been up since 6 am or earlier and are either at work already or on their way.

Then of course there are the elites in Bangkok... watching cartoons and making their frothy coffee... now THEY may miss something. Come to think of it, they miss the plot completely.

Edited by NanLaew

Thai Visa sent an email saying Samak will resign Thursday no question about it.

("to resign Thursday")

I smelt a rat when no legitimate news organisation carried the same story.

Now we know he will not resign yet.

Shame on Thai Visa for sloppy and incompetent reporting.

Well the info came from that now laughing stock of a newspaper called "The Nation". The editor is lucky he doesn't have blood on their hands this morning.

And as for the DAAD paying 10,000 baht per head bounty on ASTV reporters. Hmmmm.

PM is talking now on radio............

Samak began talking, I asked wife what he s saying. "Bullsh!t!"

After the speech, I asked again what'd he say? "Bullsh!t"

What was it all about? Sounded pre-recorded, not live at all.

It was broadcasted live on all TV stations

But Audio only. There was a still photo of him displayed on the screen while he was talking.

I don't think that this is an important issue to argue about...

LOL Probably because it is not something you agree about. Does kind of make you wonder why this was radio and not TV - of which even TV can be taped... Was it live or was it Memorex?

If you understand Thai you've heard the moderator apologizing that at 7.34am PM Samak hasn't arrived at the station, PM Samak apologized later that he came late coz of traffic, he stopped talking seconds before the national athem at 8.00am - something I agree about?! LOL .... live or memorex? Elvis isn't dead as well.

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

People who vote for the likes of Samak and Thaksin are the uneducated masses and as long as Thailand does nothing to improve the educational system in this country (standards and access to a full 12 years of school), nothing will change. The elite like to keep the upcountry folks dumb to keep them down, but what the elite get in return is the likes of Samak and Thaksin running the country.

Democracy, everyone of us has a government some of the people would like out. we dont dress up in riot gear with shields and battons and take to the streets. most places you couldnt get away with it. Protest: normally comes agains a policy or law made by a government. Fighting to get the Government out is not protesting, its revolution, so use the correct words. I couldnt agree more if the people are uneducated and poor, then educated them. taking away thier votes because they are poor is the act of despots, not polititians. Sham on these that say my will, will be forced on all because I dont like something. We all dont like our Governments, the alternative? a breakdown of law and order.

It wont happen, its just another *Rumour* Same as the unions would switch off all the power and water to the city in sympathy of the protesters.

For the 774th time. He wasn't 'democratically elected'. He didn't get nearly enough votes and had to form a coalition with the other ones who were not 'democratically elected'.

So a Coalition government isnt legal in your mind, if thats the case then a few countries have/had illegal governments in the past...

Sunderland, your naked run through the Pad crowd at Government House, might be the best way to clear all those fat old ladies out of the compound. I'm sure many of them will have a stroke. Faranglandoz :o

Depends on if they can reach it. Gotta be within arms length before you can stroke it !! :D

A very big percentage of village people have never gotten much further than the next couple of villages. They know zip about democracy or how a democracy works.

While they continue to sell their votes nothing is gonna change any time soon. Not in my life time (nor my children's either)

"A very big percentage of village people have never gotten much further than the next couple of villages."

I am sure that there are many on this forum that has never been to or much less live in a small village.

How long has the rural areas been sending its children to work in Bangkok and to other parts of the country to work. Many are now middle aged along with others that have returned.

They do know about democracy and through their experience away from the village have realized how unequal thins are here. They have seen areas that have good roads, irrigation systems, water systems that work, telephones, better health care, better schools and much more.

That is why they are voting for a party that has made efforts to end the inequality.

In jest I have told my wife that we don't have good roads here because a lot of people in Bangkok think we still ride Buffalos so we don't even need roads. But at times I really do think it's true.

Next time I get to Ubon, I owe you a beer. :-)

Who gave you the authority to define "democratically elected" as "greater than 50%"? I think most people would define the term "the largest percentage" of votes. The only time you should have to get greater than 50% to win is if there are only 2 choices. If there are 3 choices you could (and SHOULD) be the democratically elected winner if you win 33.5% of the vote vs. 33.3% and 33.2%. If there are 4 choices you should be able to win with 25.15% vs. 24.95%, 24.95%, 24.95%.

Edited by FreedomDude

No House dissolution: Samak

While denying he plans to resing, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej insisted Thursday morning he will not dissolve the House of Representatives.

He said his government would have to go on working to protect democracy.

The Nation

Even if you dont like him we should try to let democracy work itself. People get the government that they deserve. As long as they vote for him, ,well they will get him. PAD are just sore losers and they shold try to do this politically. Break up the coallition government and then kick him out of office by using politics.

Who gave you the authority to define "democratically elected" as "greater than 50%"? I think most people would define the term "the largest percentage" of votes. The only time you should have to get greater than 50% to win is if there are only 2 choices. If there are 3 choices you could (and SHOULD) be the democratically elected winner if you win 33.5% of the vote vs. 33.3% and 33.2%. If there are 4 choices you should be able to win with 25.15% vs. 24.95%, 24.95%, 24.95%.

vote buying is a practice of democracy :o:D:D

Next time I get to Ubon, I owe you a beer. :-)

Send me a PM

I will be ready for it.

Edited by ubonjoe

I hope so.

The only thing he has is a big mouth.

He cant control his party, he cant control the people, he can't control the country.

Just a bungling incompetent with a big mouth and f all leadership skills.

What a pathetic excuse for a prime minister.

Truly amazing millions voted for him. I hope they all learned their lesson.

Will the next leader be able to bring the factions together? I think this dilemma runs deeper.

PAD=MOB

It's really interesting how any organization that really pushes for non democratic ideals insists on putting the word DEMOCRACY in their name. Sondhi is the worst. He pretends to be for the people where in reality he is a robber baron that wants to take away their voting rights. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

fully agree. but if there's no Sondhi or PAD what would be the situation now? thaksin will still be PM and maybe not only shincorp, and man city would have been sold but also thailand. and maybe the worst part, the monarchy may have been undermined.

Yes. I remember it well. Only bad things happened when Thaksin was P.M. Thankfully he is gone because it has been all sunshine and roses since he was ousted. :o

vote buying is a practice of democracy :o:D:D

They are talking about if a coalition made up of parties is democratic. What does vote buying have to do with that?

No House dissolution: Samak

BANGKOK: -- While denying he plans to resign, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej insisted Thursday morning he will not dissolve the House of Representatives.

He said his government would have to go on working to protect democracy.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04