Rich Hi-so Girl Overcomes Advantages To Open Unprofitable Business

sabaijai

Rich Hi-So Girl Overcomes Advantages To Open Unprofitable Business

Shipping baron daughter Yinlak "Pip" Chinthammit defies the odds and inspires others with her incredible spirit and determination to run her own décor boutique

BANGKOK – The elite of Thailand continue to lead the nation forward with its newest generation of hard-working sons and daughters. Just ask Yinlak “Pip” Chinthammit, who despite being born into one of Thailand’s ultra-rich families has taken the road to independence and self-determination by spending part of her vast inheritance on a small business venture at the tender age of 24.

“I’ve always been very independent,” says Pip, who was educated in private school in the UK before earning a business degree at the University of San Diego. “During my sophomore year at college I even lived without a roommate for six months!” she recalls, referring to a brief period in 2004 when she was alone with her maid in a 450-square meter seaside bungalow in La Jolla, California. “I even drove my Miata by myself.”

This strong will and adventurous spirit led to Pip’s most daring and radical decision of all: To not spend the rest of her life in idle luxury spending the family fortune, but to pursue her life-long dream of being a famous designer. Towards that end she has opened up her own boutique in Bangkok’s high-end Décor Mart named Glamour Inc, where she sells what she calls “my own brand of style.” Although none of the items Pip sells are actually designed or manufactured by her, she does pick them out herself from catalogs and websites, as well as the occasional buying trip abroad.

“I pick only the very best in quality and cutting-edge design,” she explains. “I especially like the work of Sigi Moeslinger and Yves Behar – and I think that in a way we’re kindred spirits. They manage to create what I think I would have created too, if they hadn’t done it already. So it’s sort of like my work.” These fine examples of industrial design are often available nowhere else in Bangkok, which helps Pip justify the high prices she charges. “These are elite items,” she insists. “Very exclusive.”

The response to her shop has been unanimously positive. Elle Décor (Thailand) selected it for their “Now Open” section in their September 2007 issue, and Pip says all her friends have told her that the shop is “cool.” She was also profiled in “Living in Thailand” magazine as one part of the “New Generation” issue, and was interviewed by her friend Lisa Panichsamai on Channel V. Store sales have so far been “slow,” but Pip remains very optimistic that word of mouth will soon turn into profits. Luckily, her initial seed capital of Bt450 million, invested by her father, should last for a while.

As for her future plans, Pip has ambitions to make it into a high-profile design school at some point, after which she hopes to start creating her own products. “Dad says we have a few under-utilized factories up north that could be re-tooled to manufacture almost anything,” she says. “And my aunt is a major shareholder in the Mall Group, so she said she could get me some retail display with a phone call.”

Such resourceful use of her assets is just one reason Yinlak “Pip” Chinthammit is sure to make it on her own. “I’ve always said, ‘you either find a way, or you make one.’ Actually, someone else said it, but I like to think that if I’d been born first it would have been me.”

Source

Just ask Yinlak “Pip” Chinthammit, who despite being born into one of Thailand’s ultra-rich families has taken the road to independenceand self-determination by spending part of her vast inheritance

“I’ve always been very independent,” says Pip, who was educated in private school in the UK before earning a business degree at the University of San Diego. “During my sophomore year at college I even lived without a roommate for six months!” she recalls, referring to a brief period in 2004 when she was alone with her maid in a 450-square meter seaside bungalow in La Jolla, California. “I even drove my Miata by myself.”

Although none of the items Pip sells are actually designed or manufactured by her, she does pick them out herself from catalogs and websites, as well as the occasional buying trip abroad.

. They manage to create what I think I would have created too, if they hadn’t done it already. So it’s sort of like my work.”

“Dad says we have a few under-utilized factories up north that could be re-tooled to manufacture almost anything,” she says. “And my aunt is a major shareholder in the Mall Group, so she said she could get me some retail display with a phone call.”

Such resourceful use of her assets is just one reason Yinlak “Pip” Chinthammit is sure to make it on her own. “I’ve always said, ‘you either find a way, or you make one.’ Actually, someone else said it, but I like to think that if I’d been born first it would have been me.”

Source

Oh cr@p. I don't know where to start any comments on this.

Best leave it with a :o

You see these kinds of Faux Rags to Riches stories in Thai Tattler magazine all the time. Some spoilt little kid who's born with a silver spoon in her mouth gets sent to a foreign school either in the UK or USA and comes back to Thailand claiming to be self made and a high achiever.

Q1. What kind of car does she drive? I'm guessing she doesn't have a loan to pay back on that.

Q2. Who paid for her education?

Q3. Does she live at home with her parents?

Shipping baron daughter Yinlak "Pip" Chinthammit defies the odds and inspires others with her incredible spirit and determination to run her own décor boutique

BANGKOK – The elite of Thailand continue to lead the nation forward with its newest generation of hard-working sons and daughters. Just ask Yinlak “Pip” Chinthammit, who despite being born into one of Thailand’s ultra-rich families has taken the road to independence and self-determination by spending part of her vast inheritance on a small business venture at the tender age of 24.

This strong will and adventurous spirit led to Pip’s most daring and radical decision of all: To not spend the rest of her life in idle luxury spending the family fortune, but to pursue her life-long dream of being a famous designer. Towards that end she has opened up her own boutique in Bangkok’s high-end Décor Mart named Glamour Inc, where she sells what she calls “my own brand of style.” Although none of the items Pip sells are actually designed or manufactured by her, she does pick them out herself from catalogs and websites, as well as the occasional buying trip abroad.

“I pick only the very best in quality and cutting-edge design,” she explains. “I especially like the work of Sigi Moeslinger and Yves Behar – and I think that in a way we’re kindred spirits. They manage to create what I think I would have created too, if they hadn’t done it already. So it’s sort of like my work.” These fine examples of industrial design are often available nowhere else in Bangkok, which helps Pip justify the high prices she charges. “These are elite items,” she insists. “Very exclusive.”

The response to her shop has been unanimously positive. Elle Décor (Thailand) selected it for their “Now Open” section in their September 2007 issue, and Pip says all her friends have told her that the shop is “cool.” She was also profiled in “Living in Thailand” magazine as one part of the “New Generation” issue, and was interviewed by her friend Lisa Panichsamai on Channel V. Store sales have so far been “slow,” but Pip remains very optimistic that word of mouth will soon turn into profits. Luckily, her initial seed capital of Bt450 million, invested by her father, should last for a while.

As for her future plans, Pip has ambitions to make it into a high-profile design school at some point, after which she hopes to start creating her own products. “Dad says we have a few under-utilized factories up north that could be re-tooled to manufacture almost anything,” she says. “And my aunt is a major shareholder in the Mall Group, so she said she could get me some retail display with a phone call.”

Source

Such a BS article is this :D

Reminds me of a story:

A rich schoolchild is asked to write an essay on poverty. He wrote:

Once upon a time there was a poor family, they were so poor. Their cooks were poor, their servants were poor. They have only few houses with few cars and only one private jet. Even their boat has all poor staff. :o

These people cant do anything by themselves, she got 450 millions from dad and still claims she is doing everything on her own. Look at the support she is getting and look at the media making her as hard working. Utterly disgusting :D

No offense, but I guess people who are taking this story seriously either have never read The Onion or aren't exactly sharp. :o

The story is from NOTTHENATION for crying out loud.

I laughed out loud reading the article, but am rather amazed some posters seem to be taking this seriously. I am at a loss as to how anyone could see this as anything other than humor.

I just wish Not The Nation would update more often. At least The Onion has new articles each week.

Some posters take this seriously....

All good humour is largely factually based, and this sort of thing happens all the time, and not just in thailand.

In fact I once had the misfortune of going to a hi-so international school and one of the girls I "educated" in the ways of men was just such a girl (Iranian/Canadian).

She now does exactly -nearly word for word - what this story says. Thanks to daddy's money. In Monte-carlo.

The funny thing about the above story though, is that she's essentially doing what all the dvd and audio salesmen do all over the city. Taking other people's goods and flogging them as if they were hers.

Edited by kayo

Some posters take this seriously....

All good humour is largely factually based, and this sort of thing happens all the time, and not just in thailand.

In fact I once had the misfortune of going to a hi-so international school and one of the girls I "educated" in the ways of men was just such a girl (Iranian/Canadian).

She now does exactly -nearly word for word - what this story says. Thanks to daddy's money. In Monte-carlo.

The funny thing about the above story though, is that she's essentially doing what all the dvd and audio salesmen do all over the city. Taking other people's goods and flogging them as if they were hers.

Well, it wouldn't be funny if there wasn't a degree of truth to the story inasfar as some hi-so rich kids doing "business."

Anyone watch The Amazing Race Asia 3 last night? Visa Sarasas, the hi-so rich model/actress is one of the contestants, and she could have been straight from a Not the Nation article. Making her partner carry her backpack because she has never carried a suticase before, bragging about never having washed a car in her life, etc. She was a charactature of the spoiled hi-so brat.