Common The World Over

TRIPxCORE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where does this put God at ?

I don't know what god is. What is god?

Good question. It is an illusion. An illusion that has been successfully sold to billions of people around the globe for millenia. It comes in different guises, depending on 'who's' God it is. The Christiand God, the Sun God, the Muslim God, the God of War, the Goddess of Love and a plethora of other Gods... He/It/She is supposed to be the giver of Life. The Creator of all things. It is a great business... people give you money and you build Temples, Mosques, Synagogues, Churches (keep the rest of the money) and tell the people stories that make them feel better for the whole week. It is not hard to keep them coming back, all you do is threaten them, that if they don't believe you, they will burn in heII for all eternity, or suffer some such agony forever. So you keep them scared and in control. The weirdest thing of all is, the people will believe you, whatever you tell them. They will also bring their children to the 'worship' place and frighten them also. This ensures that you have an endless supply of people giving you money. Of course you have to give them some 'promises'. Like if they are good and believe you, they will go to Heaven for all eternity and live in Paradise. That is like a ficticious place where they will be happy for ever... and ever. They will believe this too. They believe it because they want to believe it...

It is easy... because people have to have a 'reason' for everything... but you and I know, there does not 'have' to be a reason. There does not have to be a purpose in life, or any reason for living. But people don't want to think that, so they like to believe in God and an afterlife.

Nicely put. There is no God.....Its all <deleted>, and religion is a farce.

Prove there is a God??

Good question. It is an illusion. An illusion that has been successfully sold to billions of people around the globe for millenia. It comes in different guises, depending on 'who's' God it is. The Christiand God, the Sun God, the Muslim God, the God of War, the Goddess of Love and a plethora of other Gods... He/It/She is supposed to be the giver of Life. The Creator of all things. It is a great business... people give you money and you build Temples, Mosques, Synagogues, Churches (keep the rest of the money) and tell the people stories that make them feel better for the whole week. It is not hard to keep them coming back, all you do is threaten them, that if they don't believe you, they will burn in heII for all eternity, or suffer some such agony forever. So you keep them scared and in control. The weirdest thing of all is, the people will believe you, whatever you tell them. They will also bring their children to the 'worship' place and frighten them also. This ensures that you have an endless supply of people giving you money. Of course you have to give them some 'promises'. Like if they are good and believe you, they will go to Heaven for all eternity and live in Paradise. That is like a ficticious place where they will be happy for ever... and ever. They will believe this too. They believe it because they want to believe it...

It is easy... because people have to have a 'reason' for everything... but you and I know, there does not 'have' to be a reason. There does not have to be a purpose in life, or any reason for living. But people don't want to think that, so they like to believe in God and an afterlife.

Spot on, Ravisher, but why haven't people caught on yet?

Off topic slightly...ghosts exist, so what are they up to? can't float around forever, surely?

tears.  But even those are shed differently, and under different circumstances.

I think the most brilliant answers were:  water and air.    Without these two chemical compounds, every last one of us would die a painful death in pretty much the same way.

:o Water is indeed a chemical compound however for a complex gas such as air, it is usual to class it as a mixture and not as a compound. :D

Spot on, Ravisher, but why haven't people caught on yet?

Off topic slightly...ghosts exist, so what are they up to? can't float around forever, surely?

People haven't caught on yet because of their own insecurities and the brainwashing.

Ghosts don't exist either. (waiting for the lightbulb) Now to understand what is in the brackets here... I was sitting at the dinner table when I was about 15 with my father, my sister and her boyfiend. The boyfriend started talking about ghosts... My father said, "There ain't no such thing as <deleted> ghosts." No sooner had he got the words out of his mouth the lightbulb dropped out of the socket, bounced off his head and landed in his lap without breaking. We were all stunned and the look on my fathers face was priceless. Then we all burst out laughing. This is a true story, but I still say, there is no boogey man, no tooth fairy, no father Christmas, no goblins at the end of the garden, no unicorns and no <deleted> ghosts.

My dad was the most honest guy I've met in my life, he told me that if there are ghosts he'd come back and let me know. He ain't been back in 25 years and I don't expect to see him again, ever. Ashes to ashes. One of my dearest friends was a Spiritualist. His beliefs killed him. He was so convinced that the spirits woud heal him that he refused to go to a doctor, or the hospital with a bad injury to his foot. He got gangrene... then he 'had' to go to the hospital... They took half his foot off, then his whole foot, above the akle... then, he had a fatal heart attack in the hospital. The cause of the heart attack was his anguish and suffering torment becuse the spirits had not healed him. He also told me that he would be back to visit me... I ain't seen him since either... It does not make me sad, because it is a part of the life that I ACCEPT. It is a part of what we humans are and what we do... we live, we experience and we die.

No, there ain't no Santa or tooth fairy etc...but there's definitely something funny going on and I don't mean humerous. I've seen some strange stuff in my young life and no, I'm not a druggy. Not even going to attempt to impress on you that they do exist because you've already made up your mind and I'll look a prat when giving examples. It's impossible to change a sceptics mind but I wish you could have been with me on a couple of occasions, 12 and 22 years ago. Not havin' a go, but maybe your father has brainwashed you, but you just don't know it.

It's the old saying, "If a tree falls in a forest, with nobody there, does it make a noise"

Well of course it does, but beliefs are down to individuals.

So if someone believes in ghosts, that is their own personal belief, and who is to tell them otherwise.

So personally, I don't believe in ghosts or any other crap that cant be seen or proven. But if I experienced something convincing, then......yep I guess I would have to believe it to be true.

Life is proof of something we are unable to understand. So there are 'super/para/extra/normalities out there.

headache coming on...... :o

No, there ain't no Santa or tooth fairy etc...but there's definitely something funny going on and I don't mean humerous. I've seen some strange stuff in my young life and no, I'm not a druggy. Not even going to attempt to impress on you that they do exist because you've already made up your mind and I'll look a prat when giving examples. It's impossible to change a sceptics mind but I wish you could have been with me on a couple of occasions, 12 and 22 years ago. Not havin' a go, but maybe your father has brainwashed you, but you just don't know it.

Oh for sure my father brainwashed me, no doubt about that. We are all brainwashed to some degree... My father brainwashed me to think for myself and not to necessarily believe what I was told or read. He told me also not to believe everything he said, in case he was wrong... In a way, yes, I have made up my mind, because in 60 years I have had no experiences of God, angels, fairies, ghosts or any real paranormal thing that I could not explain to myself. At 12 and 22 you would have been going through huge hormonal changes into puberty and then into adulthood. People often have strange experiences at those times in their lives. That last statement is not proof of anything, Just an observation.

Once as a kid about the age of 13 there was a local story of a dead soldiers ghost in our area. One day I was on top of an old bomb shelter and looking at the ground below... I 'saw' the ground moving under the shelter, in a 'breathing' motion. I was scared sh!tless and ran home. Now I do not for one second believe that was the ghost of the dead soldier... burried and breathing under the ground. I firmly believe that it was my imagination, and probably change of hormones etc and being on a bomb shelter at the time thas somehow set the illusion in place. That and the story of the lighbulb on my dad's head were the only two things in 60 years that might have 'swayed' me.

On those separate occasions I had another person with me see exactly what I saw, one of which was a total sceptic (my girlfriend, and she totally freaked). I'm sure when we pass on we'll all find out, some sooner than others...

Medicine box says he doesn't believe in ghosts but if he had some good evidence then...... Does this mean that anything he hasn't encountered directly he doesn't believe in? What about electrons, proton, or neutrinos....those ubiquitous but introverted travelers. Does he not believe in them? Or have the high priests of atomic physics brain washed him into blind acceptance?