Cat Adoption

sutnyod

Hi everyone,

I have been adopted by a cat I don't like!!!! :o

He (a big fat red tomcat) comes to sleep on my porch and also does his stinky business there. As my "porch" is very small it stinks to heaven of course. What can I do to keep him from doing that or, better still, to stop adopting me?

And no, I never fed him. And yes, I have a grumpy dog. He does not care.

Puzzled

sutnyod

Maybe a squirt gun with vinegar will do it. T

Oh, good idea. Forgot to mention I planted garlic in all the flower pots he uses as his toilet. Did not care, either. If the next poster suggest pepper or curry I'll move my kitchen to the porch :o .

According to cats, humans aren't entitled to any rights. The best thing you can do is to leave a litter box on your porch so he'll quit stinking up your porch. :o I won't suggest chili pepper, I use a chili spray to try and break my cat of his floor pooping habit but apart from assaulting our nasal cavities, it's not effective at all.

Maybe a squirt gun with vinegar will do it. T

Oh, good idea. Forgot to mention I planted garlic in all the flower pots he uses as his toilet. Did not care, either. If the next poster suggest pepper or curry I'll move my kitchen to the porch :D .

Grounded black pepper worked for me. :o

Try to get him in a cage, get him over to a vet and neuter him, it's just a few hundred Baht and will help keeping the cat population down.

He'll probably will calm down a lot, give up marking territory (your adopted porch :o )

You might get a good friend!

Cat's are nice people, look after him, give him a litter box and gradually move it away from your porch. Get him neuted and he will become your guard cat and keep other cats away.

Agree with the above. When it is Cat vs Human, they always win. So a negotiated solution is your best option.....

Get him neutered

Provide an alternative toilet (litter box). If there isn't a yard nearby, your flower pots may currently be the closest thing he can find.

Also, if you start feeding him, he will refrain from doing his business close to where he eats.

You may find once the smell etc has been resolved and his testosterone levels reduced, that you come to like the fella.... and he will, indeed, keep other cats (not to mention mice etc) away

I suggest "No Scratch Spray" which is a herbal formula made in Australia that cats hate. You just spray it anywhere you don't want them to sit or scratch. It doesn't smell bad to adults, only the cat. I only have to show ours the bottle now and she moves, I don't even need to actually spray. We bought our bottle at the pet shop behind Villa Supermarket on Sukhumvit 33. It's expensive - 280 baht - but we've been using the same bottle for over a year.

I suggest "No Scratch Spray" which is a herbal formula made in Australia that cats hate. You just spray it anywhere you don't want them to sit or scratch. It doesn't smell bad to adults, only the cat. I only have to show ours the bottle now and she moves, I don't even need to actually spray. We bought our bottle at the pet shop behind Villa Supermarket on Sukhumvit 33. It's expensive - 280 baht - but we've been using the same bottle for over a year.

I should give that a try. I adopted a kitten 3 months ago and is now giving me the headache. he is now 3 monht s old sleeps all day but plays during night time. Not to mention scratching the furnitures which makes my husband really mad. and the more so give him attention the more he do this. And if he sees me playing with my persian cat he bites him a lot.We live in a small condo (provided by the company i work for) so I can't have them stay in different places. My persian cat sleeps under the computed table and the new one sleeps in the bed with us (in the pillow above our head). I think i would try this Spray on him hope it works.

The only way to get a cat to change their internal clock more to what you'd like it to be is to make it tired when it's time to go to bed!

Which means the second you come home after work, wake it up and play cat games with it. Just don't let it rest.

Keep this up for some time and slowly her clock will adjust to yours. Remember, cats are nocturnal animals, so you're trying change her! The kitten is definitely wondering why you keep such odd hours, what with waking up in the morning and such silly behavior :o

Jealousy between cats can be a bit of a problem, especially for the "master" of the house! But give it time, it's only very seldom they won't get on with each other (eventually)!

Yes BigMove give it a try. Best thing is that you can spray it on most surfaces so we dosed up our dining room chairs and the curtains in all the rooms. Also the cane outdoor chair cos I was sick of sitting on it and finding little matts of cat hair caught up in the fibres. Doesn't have a smell that I can notice except when first applied, but the cat sure avoids it.

Best thing is the cat KNOWS she hates this stuff and she's trained to avoid it. I simply show her the bottle now and she moves over to her scratching post.