Best Of Bangkok

girlx

most cities have an independent paper that puts out "best of" issues every year, but since bangkok doesn't seem to have this, you guys should put yours on here so those of us who are exploring have more to explore.

so list your 'best of bangkok' places here..... bars? clubs? restaurants? coffeeshops? art galleries? events? classes? adventures? day trips?... feel free to make up your own interesting categories.

errrr.... you guys aren't really getting the concept. :D:D

so ok- nevermind. this thread is hereby a free for all!!!!!!!! :o

woah, just noticed this emoticon! :D <deleted>???

Looks like the emoticon you found is for spotty peeps, see the squeezing action then zit erupting!

Girlx .. now it's clear - only weirdos around here and there

HAHAHAAHAH

seapok - the riitz .. again

Come on thithi, I would much rather go to the Ritz for a night out then your suggestion......McDonalds, come on you can do better than that :o

Do you have more ideas yourself? it hasn't really worked so far, maybe you could lead people in the right direction!?!?!

i could tell you where to pick up the best sloppy drunk, revolting, fat backpacker stalkers while you watch a junkie ladyboy take a dump on the curb if you like? (chart house at khao san road- true story)

or, hrmmmm.

best cocktails i have had so far were at 'nest' at suk soi 11.

best night out with friends either 'DDM' club at banglamphu (depends on the crowd) or probably RCA.

best japanese food used to be at hanako at suk soi 19 but that was years ago.

...really all my contributions would be outdated, hence the need for a refresh.

Do you have more ideas yourself? it hasn't really worked so far, maybe you could lead people in the right direction!?!?!

i could tell you where to pick up the best sloppy drunk, revolting, fat backpacker stalkers while you watch a junkie ladyboy take a dump on the curb if you like? (chart house at khao san road- true story)

or, hrmmmm.

best cocktails i have had so far were at 'nest' at suk soi 11.

best night out with friends either 'DDM' club at banglamphu (depends on the crowd) or probably RCA.

best japanese food used to be at hanako at suk soi 19 but that was years ago.

...really all my contributions would be outdated, hence the need for a refresh.

That junkie ladyboy taking a dump has put a lovely image in my head, thanks for that. I would love to contribute more to your best of list but whenever I go out in BKK I get so wasted and I have no idea of where I have been. :o

most cities have an independent paper that puts out "best of" issues every year, but since bangkok doesn't seem to have this, you guys should put yours on here so those of us who are exploring have more to explore.

so list your 'best of bangkok' places here..... bars? clubs? restaurants? coffeeshops? art galleries? events? classes? adventures? day trips?... feel free to make up your own interesting categories.

:o Well, since I don't live in Bangkok....but there are quite a few lists on the internet. Here is a list of the best restaurants.

http://www.1stopbangkok.com/hospitality/restaurants/

and restaurants in Silom area

http://www.bangkok.com/tatler/silom.html

can be sorted by price, type of food, location, etc.

I'm not saying I may agree with these selections, but it a start to the "lists"

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Give V2O a visit, Saladaeng Soi 1, close to HSBC Bank, just opened, Ice bar, live band. Looks OK.

is that an ice bar like the one on koh samui, where you have to wear a coat and mittens? sounds cool if so!

Give V2O a visit, Saladaeng Soi 1, close to HSBC Bank, just opened, Ice bar, live band. Looks OK.

is that an ice bar like the one on koh samui, where you have to wear a coat and mittens? sounds cool if so!

o that sounds real nice!

but too farrrrrrrrr

LOL im gone 30 minz and this thread turns to SH!TTTTTTTTTTT i always wanted to know where a good day trip is.
If we're talking kind of touristy, I usually send people up to Koh Kret via the river boat to Nonthaburi Pier or on to Ayuthayah (sp) and back by boat on the cruise, though it's been a while and I don't know if that's still around. There are also various floating markets near and far, which are nice. Sending people across on the boat from Wat Klong Thoei Nok to the floating market at Bang Nam Pheung is a good one and they can stroll around the banana plantations and the park before heading back from the pier right across from Wat Klong Thoei Nok.

There are a million things to do in Bangkok, of course. I only mention these because they're a little out of the way for your typical in-town palace-and-golden-mountain tourist, so they get to see a little more of the suburbs (bordering on the provinces). They're certainly not superlative, just a good mix of accessible, fun and interesting if you haven't seen them.

For me a good day trip usually involves running out in the green somewhere North on the other side of the river followed by a restaurant and bar, but I doubt that sounds like a big attraction for most, so I don't like to recommend it.

Best clubs are in Ratchada Soi 4. I really dislike RCA, too many snobby rich people and snobby people pretending to be rich. Too many farang in some of the clubs as well.

Best restuarant, 13 Coins. Open 24 hours 7 days a week, awesome Thai seafood, decent farang food, reasonably priced, and best of all they serve booze all night long.

Best pub, I'll go with Bully, near Nana. Good food and cheap beer, and they have several pool tables and large screen tvs with sports.

Best day trip I would say is Ayutthaya. Fantastic ruins and can get there in two hours by train.